Breather Nano Collider for LENR explanation

• 22 Dec 2014 there was a presentation of the paper by V. Dubinko Low-energy Nuclear Reactions Driven by Discrete Breathers
    J. Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, 14 (2014) 87-107. in the Institute of Nuclear Research, Kiev, Ukraine

A new mechanism of LENR in solids is proposed, in which DBs play the role of a catalyzer via extreme dynamic closing of adjacent H/D atoms required for the tunneling through the Coulomb barrier.
    The present mechanism explains all the salient LENR requirements: (i, ii) long initiation time and high loading of D within the Pd lattice as preconditioning needed to prepare small PdD crystals, in which DBs can be excited more easily, and (iii, iv) the triggering by D flux or electric current, which facilitates the DB creation by the input energy transformed into the lattice vibrations.
    The model (under selected set of material parameters) describes quantitatively the observed exponential dependence on temperature and linear dependence on the electric (or ion) current.
    Results are based only on the known physical principles and on independent atomistic simulations of DBs in metals and ion crystals using realistic many-body interatomic potentials.
    An outstanding goal of this research is to suggest new ways of engineering the nuclear active environment by creating BNC (by special doping and mechanical treatment), which are proposed to be the most constitutive catalyzer of LENR.

PDF summary is attached

• Official Post

Thanks for the reference it seems to be a hot subject for LENR theorist.

is there more detailed papers ?

one big question is how can such huge concentration of energy not disintegrate the chemical lattice which is stuck by tiny electrostatic forces around few eV energy...
    I imagine the breather are around the fraction of MeV ? this will disintegrate the lattice, at least locally?

You talk of NAE, which is often used as representing a very local "object", but DB seems to be solitions in a lattice ? is the matrix of the DB it a lattice object or localized, and how ?

once DB have concentrated energy, how can the resultant nuclear fusion outcome produce energy without deadly gamma, neutrons, radioactive products,...
    Is it a question of geometry of the reaction ? (naively I imagine that if total momentum is null, then gamma or energetic particles are not required - this does not explain how the energy is split into smaller quanta of gamma pairs however)...

many questions

• more details on breather structure etc is in the paper http://www.iscmns.org/CMNS/JCMNS-Vol14.pdf p. 87.
    The breather energy is just about 1 eV (!) , but the short tunneling distance within the breather (~0.01 Angstroms) plays the same role as the huge energy does for free deuterons in helping them to get through the barrier.
    "how can the resultant nuclear fusion outcome produce energy without deadly gamma, neutrons, radioactive products" is an open question, which lyes beyond the scope of the proposed model of tunneling.

• Official Post

Today there have been the presentation of Volodymyr Dubinkoon Discrete Breather.

Discrete breather are of similar nature to Rogue Waves . The key to their appearance is non linearity and mix of lattices (like when you mix heavy Pd lattice with lighter D).
    The presentation was interesting, but clearly for people like me hours of courses would be needed.
    This approach need much work to be confirmed, but this gives hope to have a LENR theory without new physics.
    The THz resonance observed by experimenters like Dennis letts (8.3, 15.3, 20.5 THz for example)cannot be phonons, so question is what it is.
    Breathers are created because of non linear coupled oscilators (like different populations of atoms in a lattice).
    It create an object which unlike phonons is local, of large amplitude, and anharmonic.
    It can propagate on metal, and vacancies can have huge effect on them.
    Today they are known to accelerate chemical reactions, and question is if they participate LENR ?
    V Dubinko propose Yes.
    He explains that difference in mass between D and Pd allow phonons to excite the Discrete Breather.
    It create some coherent correlated states which can propagate, creating what he call "Breather Nano Colliders"

He explain that in QM in some conditions where states are very correlated, then the uncertainty of position grows and tunneling increase up to certainty.
    Question is thus how to correlate the quantum states.
    He then show a model where you can do that by putting 2 particle in 2 alterntively growing/shrinking potential well, with a third one in between which correlate.
    The frequency of potential well modulation, to trigger correlation have to be at the resonance frequency of the well, or twice. (it si something they call parametric resonance ( ?( ).
    If this is done, there is a giant increase of barrier transparency.

He worked with numerical simulation at low temperature.
    He is currently evolving toward 3D models and hotter temperature.

He is very interested in observation of LENR in quasicrystals in zeolites as observed by Iraj Parchamazad

After the conference We had with Fabrice David (Deuo Dynamics) an interesting discussion.
    David studied that subject too, but on DNA.

The work is in process to approach real conditions to explain LENR, but this is a direction.
    To understand the potential of tha approach he explained me that in his models of lattice, when you have a warm lattice of the good kind, after some time the breathers-nano-coliders appears and pump the energy of the random heat phonons.

I think more and more that there is interesting studies to do in that domain.
    It is investigated mostly in biology today, as in DNA and proteins it allows to explain some phenomena.

• Presentation title:
    Quantum Tunneling in Breather "Nano-Colliders"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Answering questions from the audience. ( incomplete)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks to Genadi Tarasenko who uploaded this video to youtube. :thumbup:

• Official Post

Volodymyr Dubinko just published his latest papers to E-cat world

• The Breathers are the key of LENRs.

In this paper published in the french
    jounral FUSION after the ICCF 11 (2005), I presented my ideas about
    the rôle of the breathers in Molecular Biology and in Cold Fusion :

http://ddata.over-blog.com/xxx…/29/Fusion-103/F103.6.pdf

And I also joint an article published
    in english n the Proceeding of the Russion Conference of Cold Nuclear
    transmutation (RCCNT-BL 18)

https://www.researchgate.net/p…IODES?fulltextDialog=true

• Official Post

I don't have the level to understand deeply that.
    I have few direct question :

As I understand current understanding of classical DB is that they simply concentrate energy few unities above thermal energy... this mean about few eV ? is it right ?

If I understand well the presentation, DB while not being so energetic, can delocalized some nucleus so that they penetrate other nucleus ? or maybe electrons (allowing inverse beta decay?) ?

If it is not enough to trigger fusion, this mean there is a need of huge DB of probably keV, or nearly MeV energy ? can it be done by DB resonance from heat energy, or is it required to have stronger interaction between nucleus... I don't see how keV interaction could exist between nucleus in an lattice ? Is there mechanism of keV interaction in a lattice ?

Contrary to most people I think that 3D DB cannot explain LENR ...I'm clearly influenced by [lexicon]Edmund Storms theory[/lexicon], and also by Electroweak LENR theory, which are based respectively in 1D and 2D structures in which DB may emerge and create some coherence that they require for their theories ...

EW LENR theory propose that huge evanescent field exist, causing Born-Oppenheimer approximation breaking, and I wonder if some discrete breather may appear in that context ?

[lexicon]Hydroton theory[/lexicon] of Ed Storms is more based on a 1D structure, and I wonder if DB could be the the mechanism that is required to make nucleus overlap and loss mass before they fuse ?

Maybe a mix of both theory with DB could be more realistic ?

as I understand DB does not appear "by magic" but because of non-linear coupling of different lattice...

Hydroton and it's metallic cavity, with entangled electrons, hydrogen nucleus, metal nucleus, influenced by the change of structure from surface to bulk, may be such a non linearly coupled set of lattices ?

Widom theory is based on surface structure, with huge field (can be huge because evanescent says Y Srivastava), and coupled (BO approximation broken) lattice of electrons, hydrogen nucleus, and metallic nucleus... it mays be also a non-linearly coupler set of lattices.

is there reason to eliminate, or cool, my hope in those two direction ?

for me all those theories bring important concept, piece of the puzzle.... am I too optimistic?

• Official Post

on ECW
    JLMarin gives more details on what are discrete breather, breather and solitons

Please note that *discrete* breathers are a different kind of animal...

I worked in this field 15 year ago. On the one hand, there's the field of solitons and breathers in completely integrable systems, in which the vast majority of models represent continuous media (exceptions are the Ablowitz-Ladik and the Toda lattice). On the other, there's the field of discrete breathers, which draws a lot from classical dynamical systems, and it applies to many generic nonlinear lattices.

He add a paper which explain how to compute DB
    http://polymer.chph.ras.ru/asavin/breather/ma96n.pdf

with an abstract which explain well what it is :

Breather solutions are time-periodic and space-localized solutions of nonlinear dynamical systems.

note also :

Although breathers are just very particular solutions of nonlinear systems, the fact that they show up spontaneously and persist in numerical simulations with a rather long life-time suggests that they have to play an important role in the dynamics of anharmonic systems (forthcoming studies will show that many of these solutions have wide domains of linear stability). Thus, the study of these solutions in itself appears very useful for understanding the global properties of nonlinear systems. There are many potential applications for the concept of breathers in physics to be explored in the future. For example, the existence of breathers in a nonlinear crystal should affect the heat transport through the system. Some models elaborated for understanding some basic biological functions of DNA [6] are based on a spontaneous self-localization of the vibrational energy along the trend of these molecules, which can be explained by breather formations.

This seems to be a new territory... a place where you can hope to find strange animal that you see nowhere else. :rolleyes:

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.