Question on Lithium Aluminate Hydride utility ...

• Official Post

Hi,
    I will ask a naive question to competent people here.

As Jack Cole have shown LiAlH4 seems not required, but anyway Rossi is using it in his alumina Al2O3 reactor...
    One problem of the reactors is H leakage.

then I connected all of that and got an idea ... I noticed that Alumina and LAH contain aluminium, and air and alumina contains oxygen.

when there is a leakage in the tube because alumina is not perfectly tight, some Al may be pushed in the cracks, and will meet some O2 from air... maybe becoming alumina at high temperature... thus closing the cracks.

maybe is that a self-healing material ? a tricks of rossi to solve his problems with leaks?
    One day he referred to an "illumination" about a simple idea top solve a big problem... If it works I would feel so.

does it looks realist ? is it a known phenomenon ?

Of course this reaction would compete with others, and not sure it is dominant compared to H2+O, or others... I cannot judge if it is realistic.
    moreover the dominant reaction may change with temperature and pressure.

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.