Summary: Who is actually doing a replication attempt?

• Official Post

A couple of observations- you don't need a fancy membrane to keep the gases apart - you can use something as simple as cotton membrane- Though 3M nylon abrasive pads are my preference - the thin kind used for cleaning cookware. Secondly most virtual radios (certainly the sub$50 ones) very little discrimination at the antenna input - so you will need a good tuned antenna - actually the best thing is a magnetic loop antenna- a 'broken' circle of thick copper wire around 6 cm in diameter with a 3-5 pF tuning condenser soldered across the gap.

• Official Post

Mondaini's experiments are rather simple to replicate, but performing the sampling to get meanigful and unambiguous analytical information out of the experiments, there's the big challenge.

The one that claims sulfur formation could be, relatively, one of the easier to confirm/discard. However, all tends to point out that what Mondaini did was mistaking CuSOx by CuOHx, which happens readily due to the alkalinity of the K2CO3, and BruceInKonstanz already did some initial exploration that seems to point out that the alleged CuSOx formation is merely CuOHx. I would be more than happy to be proven wrong and have Mondaini vindicated, tho.

• What weight % of sodium bicarbonate and potassium bicarbonate should we use?

In the plasma discharge video he said that he uses about 100g/L.

Fusione fredda Renzo Mondaini—trascrizione

[02:27] La fusione fredda elettrolitica può essere eseguita usando un becher in vetro Pyrex, in cui è stato messo dell'acqua con in soluzione un sale; nel nostro caso usiamo o bicarbonato di sodio da cucina o potassio carbonato. Se ne mettono circa 100 grammi al litro. E la fusione fredda elettrolitica si inizia da una semplice elettrolisi dell'acqua. Come vedete, a sinistra abbiamo l'anodo, un elettrodo a cui verrà data una tensione positiva; a destra il catodo, un elettrodo a cui viene data una tensione negativa.

Quote from Google Translate

[02:27] Electrolytic cold fusion can be performed using a Pyrex glass beaker, in which water with a salt solution has been placed; in our case we use either baking soda or potassium carbonate. They put about 100 grams per liter. And electrolytic cold fusion starts with a simple electrolysis of water. As you can see, on the left we have the anode, an electrode which will be given a positive voltage; on the right the cathode, an electrode which is given a negative voltage.

• Desireless comments

on his replication.

Is Desireless actually doing a

replication is a question some

will have here.

Frank Acland  Desireless3 days ago

Interesting, can you write up a more detailed report? I am sure there would be a lot of interest here. 2 Reply

• Avatar Desireless  Frank Acland3 days ago edited

Yes, the reactor is same that I posted photos previously.

It has wound nickel wire heater and is powered with DC power supply.

Meshes are identical that were prepared year ago. It is running for around 2 months in total.

Mesh is producing bursts of gamma rays when they are exposed to air, air pumped out and then D2 introduced at around 300 - 600°C, around 4-5x BG. Mesh must be unloaded. Can be measured very well with GM tubes with energy threshold from 100 keV for around 5 seconds.

From then level is moving back to BG.

Focus is now at mesh preparation because while Pd is deposited it is strongly damaging previously prepared surface. So nearly all the work is useless. Pd is way too hard even after softening. On the other hand Pd is deposited better than I thought.

Frank starts a thread.

https://e-catworld.com/2020/10…ss-on-mizuno-replication/

• Before reading further ask those who have seen LENR reactions where they got their palladium. I am willing to get it is recycled from earlier research rpojects. Pure Pd would not work!

Immediately after P&F's announcement researcher sought out palladium to conduct their own attempts. Often, The usual source found was previously used in electrolysis and microcircuitry research. Such sources typically had dopants added, particularly beryllium. My hypothesis at the time was that the lithium began to saturate the lattice and came into contact with the beryllium. Along comes deuterium. It has been shown that deuterium tunnels over beryllium as a quantum particle. The quantum particle impacts the lithium confined in the palladium lattice. It is not d-d fusion. It is D-Li fusion creating Beryllium with a substantial release of energy.

Each new Be atom acts as a site for tunneling. The reaction speeds up. Eventually the produced Be plugs up the lattice and the reactions shut down,

So don't seek pure Palladium. Instead dope the metal with a small amount of Be. Use lithium salts in the bath.

• The old F&P Pd smelted at JM's Harlow Metal Co. branch is very unlikely to contain any Beryllium, since mist of it was re-smelted scrap - abandoned French coinage*, jewellery, medals and so on. It did contain more impurities than JM recognised or admitted to at the time. These would include silver, rhodium, platinum, gold all in trace amounts. The most likely major contaminant is Boron as boron oxide, which was used as a fkux.

* Story is that De Gaulle brought a lot of never circulated 100Fr Pd coins with him when he came to London to head up the Free French in the 1940's. I cannot vouch that he did, but I did long ago see some of the coins. They were real enough.

• The most likely major contaminant is Boron as boron oxide, which was used as a fkux.

Boron is a useful spice in the D*-D* relaxation process. Beryllium could help the same way but it is very toxic. Spice means at most 0.1% content. Boron is very reactive if you add hydrogen and might destroy your surface. So may be it should be introduced as BN!

• Boron is a useful spice in the D*-D* relaxation process. Beryllium could help the same way but it is very toxic. Spice means at most 0.1% content. Boron is very reactive if you add hydrogen and might destroy your surface. So may be it should be introduced as BN!

Where I live there's a river that naturally contains Boron concentrations of 10 to 40 mg/L, and has an average stram of 2 m3/s (remember we are in the Atacama desert). Would it be useful as water for producing LENR fuel? Boron is very toxic for crops, so we have a lot of limitations to use this river for agriculture. Perhaps would be better to export that water. XD

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Where I live there's a river that naturally contains Boron concentrations of 10 to 40 mg/L, and has an average stram of 2 m3/s

Might be useful for medical use... Bor water is used as a disinfectant.

See Wiki::

Elemental boron, boron oxide, boric acid, borates, and many organoboron compounds are relatively nontoxic to humans and animals (with toxicity similar to that of table salt). The LD50 (dose at which there is 50% mortality) for animals is about 6 g per kg of body weight. Substances with LD50 above 2 g/kg are considered nontoxic. An intake of 4 g/day of boric acid was reported without incident, but more than this is considered toxic in more than a few doses. Intakes of more than 0.5 grams per day for 50 days cause minor digestive and other problems suggestive of toxicity.[146] Dietary supplementation of boron may be helpful for bone growth, wound healing, and antioxidant activity,[147] and insufficient amount of boron in diet may result in boron deficiency.

Single medical doses of 20 g of boric acid for neutron capture therapy have been used without undue toxicity

• Curbina

Boron toxicity is probably dependent on concentration, but at low levels it is an essential nutrient. The farm where my lab is located actually spray their cereal crops with boronated water in the spring.

https://www.omex.com/blog/the-…-of-boron-for-crop-health

The threshold from defficiency to toxicity is very narrow. Strawberries are an extreme case, anything above 0,3 mg/L starts having impact. Boron, being highly soluble, is nornally scarce. I live in one of a few places where is present in toxic concentrations for most economically important crops.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• The old F&P Pd smelted at JM's Harlow Metal Co. branch... The most likely major contaminant is Boron as boron oxide...

Very interesting research. 👍 Understanding what caused the F&P reactor meltdown is possibly key upscaling LENR. I can say that running a 25,000A low voltage pulse through a BN / H20 mix produces some unexpected results.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.