MFMP: New Dog-Bone run tomorrow!

• Official Post

According to their just released timeline, MFMP will run another Dog-Bone test with nickle-lithium fuel tomorrow (4th of february):
    http://www.quantumheat.org/ind…446-dogbone-week-live-now

Test 4: Powder Test in sealed Alumina tube

Tests 5, 6, 7, ...: Powder Test in sealed Alumina tube

Iterate and try different ideas while we have the team assembled

Dog-Bone is the attempt of MFMP to replicate and verify the Lugano Hot-Cat Test, based on the information from the Lugano-Report.
    During their last Dog-Bone run, the reactor lost the hydrogen pressure long before the reaction should have take place.
    The MFMP Team is now using an improved reactor design with better sealing against hydrogen leakage :thumbup:
    The Team is also supported by @Alexander Parkhomov, who is known for his successful replication.

Let's hope this time all is going well and we will see an effect! :thumbup:

They seem to offer a youtube live stream session! We will provide you the youtube link as soon as it is available! :)

• Official Post

Live feed for MFMP Calibration Test:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

On cobraf there is an interesting analysis of Lugano and MFMP around the question of emissivity.
    it is relayed by Andreas Moraitis on E-cat world
    https://disqus.com/home/discus…ad_44/#comment-1850729466

http://www.quantumheat.org/ind…eek-live-now#comment-5857

http://www.cobraf.com/forum/immagini/R_123579764_1.pdf
    http://www.cobraf.com/forum/immagini/R_123579764_2.pdf

Using another reasoning I computed something that allow Lugano to be challenge, but where the COP is neatly above 1 anyway, because of the calibration at 450W and the step at 800 to 900W, that even with wrong emissivity let no escape than excess heat.

to be rechecked!

• AlainCo,

How does one prevent an attack of vertigo when reviewing these posts related to P + P fusion? In reality it's a simple process being replicated an infinite number of times.
    <X <X <X

• Official Post

I don't understand this statement.

I would say that if it implies metallurgy and chemistry, and until there is a theory, this cannot be simple...
    This remind me semiconductors PN junction before there is a theory.
    http://blog.disorderedmatter.e…/wolfgang-pauli-speaking/

or HTSC before the Nobel :
    http://www.mosaicsciencemagazine.org/pdf/m18_03_87_04.pdf

• p + P fusion.

Matter of luck when years ago I used nickelous oxide in a reactor that duplicated the proton proximity for hydrogen fusion. The heat produced melted the reactor. This transformer with its voltage supply could not have produced the heat to melt the Inconel reactor. The atomic array in the oxide duplicated the effect of extreme pressure found in stars and stimulated the formation of helium.

This hypothesis must be simple if occurring an infinite number of times in the universe.

• Official Post

It is true that in hydride the pressure is surprising, but what is happening cannot be hot fusion...
    not the same branching, teh same radiations...
    pressure must be important, but there is something about coherence, symmetry,...

• I had the melted reactor sitting at my work desk as a center piece for years and certainly was a [lexicon]conversation[/lexicon] stimulator.

The results of this experiment are sitting in a storage cabinet as I'm now retired. This was a reactor loaded with NiO on fiber frax with hydrogen gas flowing through. At 830 C measured with a type k thermocouple the input to the furnace suddenly became non linear when the melt down occurred. A simple hypothesis is that the hydrogen interacting with the NiO atomic array allowed proton proximity for fusion. Considering that the reactor is in existence as a unit must indicate that not much helium was produced. As a 90 year great grandfather there must not have been much ionizing radiation either.

I'm sure that I could construct a reactor for home use utilizing this effect but why put up with the hassle of hydrogen recirculation and turbine electrical generation when my PG&E bill is so reasonable.

Also not interested in replication, I worked as an analyst for many years and was not sloppy.

• "but what is happening cannot be hot fusion... not the same branching, teh same radiations..."

The reaction is happening and it's hot, so "hot fusion" or maybe "hot transmutation" if preferred. A hypotheses should be on the horizon.

Electron clustering studies were funded by the Jupiter Project a few years back. Kenneth R. Shoulders was a pioneer associated with this entity he called the EV related to fusion. Surprisingly this is not mentioned.

• Use of nickel with its variety of surface conditions will lead to the variety of reported results related to fusion. Much more reproducible results are obtained if nickelous oxide is used in the reactor. This presents an atomic array that's easily reproducible. When the reactor temperature is correct for a proton clustering reaction then fusion will result. Probably fortunate for the experimenter that this is very low yield.
    Warnings are being posted about the danger associated with these experiments and should be heeded. I was lucky with this one that only a melted reactor resulted. It could have been much worse. I've a left arm with embedded glass fragments from an experiment with calcium carbide that taught me a valuable lesson.

• I'd like to toss the dog this bone to chew on.

Try this if you believe seeing is believing.
    Take a 24 inch long ceramic tube with about 1/2 inch bore thin wall. Wrap nichrome wire to resistance heat the central 12 inch section. Wrap on outside of tube. Use ceramic wool to hold the reactor material spaced in the 12 inch long central portion of the tube. The 12 inch central section should be a wool plug holding a 6 inch reactor charge and then wool plugging the other 6 inches. The assembly is an externally wound heater on a ceramic tube holding an asymmetrically located charge. High temp silastic tubing is used to deliver hydrogen gas through the reactor. When in operation the ceramic should glow uniformly in the central section until fusion initiates and then the region with the internal reactor will be much brighter.

• Instead of fooling with nickel that's hit or miss depending on the surface oxidation and impurity level why not try something that will work reproducibly to demonstrate p + p fusion?

Simply fill a ceramic tube with nickelous oxide and pass hydrogen gas through the tube. Monitor the temperature and witness fusion at 830 C.

This is protocol for a RAGOEL reactor. A nichrome wound alumina cylinder with high temp furnace liner wool plugs holding NiO saturated fiberfrax strips in the central region of the cylinder.

• I agree, it's time we move on from these hit and miss e-cat replications because of the random surface conditions of the nickel oxidation state. The reactor should be loaded with a controlled nickel oxide configuration. This will allow the p + p fusion to occur in a highly replicable experiment.

It's unfortunate that this e-cat protocol caught such a strangle hold on the p + p community.

• Let's move on by this e-cat fiasco and use a reactor charge that produces 100% reproducibility. The material for the reactor requires special equipment for producing submicron particles and long processing time. The process to produce the RAGOEL reactor material I've documented and will publish if anyone is interested in replicating the fusion reaction. No high pressure is developed in this process and consequently no explosion hazard. There is a problem with runaway reaction and meltdown unless carefully monitored though.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.