planning stage for a replication

• Official Post

many ideas to test.
    the 4n n=123 with deuterium as in iwamura make me thing of ded fusion, but in 1D=ded 2D=ddeedd and 3D=dddeeeddd , with cubic geometry

to make it look logical I imagined that electrons were split into two lobes, half of which would face a void ( or an heavy atom like with iwamura) between 2,4,6 nucleus, whether it is 1,2 or 3D bar/square/cube... and all would collapse/fuse...
    anyway I'm not physicist and maybe cube symmetry is absurd here...

maybe the n=2 is not plane/2D but tetrahedral as you suggest

I just feel that geometry, because it is linked to CoM and thus to the absence of energetic gamma (and tritium), is important.

• NOTE of March 6, 2015: Longview has concluded that centrifugation per se will not work regardless of the speed, or at least not well, since in a vacuum nothing can easily impel neutrons. Instead see Longview post of March 6, 2015, now renamed "Ultracold neutron isolation and detection"

[original post follows]
    A quick reality check. A fairly good performance centrifuge that one could "mess with" enough to easily do such an experiment might allow a 10 cm acceleration gradient at 10000 g. That will give an ultracold neutron something like 1.6425 X 10^-20 J, so a tetrahedron of 4 neutrons would be 6.57 X 10^-20 J, or in eV around 0.4, the energy of an somewhat infra red photon a bit over 3000 nm in wavelength. So at least it is a conceivable scenario in a moderately refrigerated centrifuge and some material that will yield IR on neutron impact at such energies.

[Note: This is just a very error prone preliminary number, I'll double check and edit this if necessary.]

• NOTE added March 6, 2015: Longview has conclluded that centrifuation per se will not work. Nothing simple other than true gravity can easily push neutrons. Instead see "Ultracold neutron isolation and detection" Longview post of March 6, 2015.

[Original post follows]
    Still yet to check the numbers, but the concept may be in some doubt. The g-force may not be easily realized in a vacuum context such as this. The neutron will likely just sit there at its initial velocity and trajectory and the vacuum chamber will spin around it. Some sort of magnetic drive might be able to accelerate neutrons, but these tetrahedral concepts may have no magnetic moment because of spin up and spin down pairing. But I need to study this some more.

The idea of doing centrifugal mass spectroscopy on neutrons might be realizable if we can find a reliable way to push them without inducing nuclear absorption in the atoms of the "impellor" as it were. Neutrons are reliably massive and hence susceptible to real gravity. It is what first caused me to seize on the idea of the synthetic gravity of a centrifuge. But if we have a magnetic or EM "impellor" we might as well use it directly: Anandan and Hagen out of CERN have published an article suggesting direct acceleration of neutrons cds.cern.ch/record/247074/files/9301110.pdfCERN, that 1993 article is titled NEUTRON ACCELERATION IN UNIFORM ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS. Unforturnately it does not appear to be an easy path for our benchtop work. In my own mind we would have a much easier time trying to accelerate neutrons with surface plasmon resonance (aka evanescent waves). I have always wanted to set up SPR with two adjacent and parallel reflective surfaces so that the channel between them constrained the contents to feel the waves from both sides. I imagine that this could be elaborated to constrain from all sides, thus making a narrow and nearly cylindrical path from which at least charged particles could do nothing but accelerate down the channel. But, can SPR accelerate neutral particles?? Maybe not....

• AlainCo wrote:
    "I just feel that geometry, because it is linked to CoM and thus to the absence of energetic gamma (and tritium), is important."

In regards to Alain's comment above. This is very interesting. EM symmetry in all dimensions leading to no emission. That certainly supports the idea of simultaneous formation of a balanced neutron structures, rather than their assembly. So if that is operative, then the whole of Alain's discussion makes sense. If it is true, then we should pay attention to ways of bringing about an NAE by design. Looking at it from a more Widom et al perspective, perhaps finding ways of presenting 4 protons directly to 4 electrons is important. pepepepe or perhaps epepepepe and so on? With mass or charge disparities perhaps handled much like banker's book keeping tricks?

• [With my apologies for what might seem to be relentless anonymous "self" promotion, see note below.[

To see how difficult it is to make and/or isolate ultracold neutrons (UCNs), please see http://arxiv.org/abs/1303.1944
    and another at this link:
    http://scholar.google.com/scholar_url?url=http://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0703079&hl=en&sa=X&scisig=AAGBfm3NNWL779b6OIO7MCvHDICLDDBwIw&nossl=1&oi=scholarr

Both approaches cited use cryogenic 4He. The output of these methods might well be matched and exceeded with much greater simplicity using the method suggested here in the thread "Ultracold neutron isolation and detection". Assuming that UCNs are truly generated in LENR.

Note: My goal in this case is to advance the tools in the field for LENR and CF researchers. Here it seems that one really does NOT need a million dollar laboratory to isolate and generate UCNs. If it comes to the attention of the wider Physics Community, so much the better for all.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.