Let us work together to build a publically accessible 2 kW reactor

• Official Post

Dear all,

i am thinking that now since Alexander Parkhomov demonstrated a working reactor showing all it's internal components.

If Mr. Parkhomov is willing to help and advise with his knowledge (I suppose he will be stopped by the russian government who want to force him to work for them and keep everything secret from now on), we could do the following:

Why shouldn't we try to mobilize as many people as possible who are willing to donate and work together to build a large reactor, that is actually capable of supplying electrical power and that we open to the public so everyone who is interested can come and convince him/herself of it's operation?

What better way could there be to convince all the sceptics?

We have to ask different groups who will probably show interest, like greenpeace and so on.

Let us start advertising and send thousands of e-mails and letters.

After all we have seen so far we have to make sure that the heat insulation is good enough to keep the reactor at thermal equilibrium with dE_generated/dt=dE_dissipated/dt and T=const.

Then the temperature of the reactor will not drop and the reaction rate should remain constant.

We have to think about whether to choose a boiling water or pressurized water reactor design.

• Official Post

It is an interesting idea, but it is very difficult to develope a reactor.
    We see that Rossi took years to reach the good performance, reliability, from a non negligible budget.

There is others direction to help LENr to develop.

One is to raise awareness of deep pockets and states.

One is to lobby the governments, the NGO so they help LENR to be funded and more important to be properly regulated.

One is simply to fund the scientists and the industrials who develop that new industry.

among those 4 methods, I don't know what is the best... maybe we should pursue them all...

• Official Post

Parkhomov proved: It is not difficult to build the reactor. At least not for professional researchers and engineers.

Rossi wanted us to think so, yes. There is only one reason why this technology is not spread already. Rossi has not started to sell the reactors because he is forced to withhold. He is forced to "integrate" the ecat into the market. As he continues to say in his blog. And in this case "integrate" is just a circumscription to say: People, I am forced to restrain my work by the oil tycoons. They want to stay billionaires and multi-millionaires by polluting our environment and destroying the future of our children.

This technology does not just have the potential to "integrate", it has the potential to completely destroy and rebuild the market.

Some powerful, very powerful people don't want to lose their invested money in oil technology.

We need real street demonstrations.

• you use boiling water in your project
    I think : it's better to use oïl with a higher temperature ; maybe 200 > 300 °c

• I know it took Rossi years to get into current state, but remember, that more people can make development exponentially faster.

For example, I am not skilled in chemistry or atomic reactors, but I am sure that I am able to develop controlling mechanism to make it running in stable condition. That mean programming of a special algorithms with all the electronics is my job.
    I believe that this reactor can't be controlled for longer period with Analog technique. I think that to maintain such process and to get the best performance you have to control the process logically.

One thing is to get it working and another to use created heat. Using heat will be cooling reactor so you have to "increase" power.
    As I have observed in Parkhomov notes, reaction can occur even without applying input power for short period. And this is the time that can be used for the best efficiency (the highest COP values).

With proper regulation algorithm input power can be precisely controlled with fast PWM pulses. Depending on the feedback it must be well tuned to stay in temperature levels that can't harm reactor.
    Important can be also to get precise and fast temperature sensors so the response can be fast and accurate.

I think, that if you are skilled atomic physics you are not able to create this algorithm very well in short time. And thats why we have to work together.

If somebody is able to create reactor core, please give/sell it to other that can test it too. Of course, if somebody is not competent, then you are risking serios injures.
    On the other hand, if you can create control mechanism you can share such algorithms with others.

Even that you are proffesor or doctor, it does not mean you know everything.

• Official Post

It is an interesting idea, but it is very difficult to develope a reactor.
    We see that Rossi took years to reach the good performance, reliability, from a non negligible budget.

There is others direction to help LENr to develop.

One is to raise…

I tried lobbying and I even spoke to some official from the ministry of economy but he redirected me to the (scepticistic) science community. "I should convince a professor
    to do the experiments again..." he said... although Parkhomov already proved it without doubt.

If people really wanted it, probably within 5-10 years we could all be using this technology. This way it will take decades and damage to our environment will already be too severe.

• I've worked on fission (25% U-235 in aluminum) reactors to produce boiling water. My job was to show that water at 1000 C. and 1000 psi was thermally stable. It was. All that's needed is to substitute some form of nickel interacting with hydrogen in a fusion reactor as the heat source for the turbines now in use. I've shown that "some form of nickel" will produce heat when reacting with hydrogen. This would be used to produce the "boiling water" for the turbine for demonstration purpose.

• Well, I have nothing to demonstrate yet.
    First, we have to work together on a prototype.

After it will work, then demonstration is possible and will surely occur.

• Official Post

I constantly hear people stating that the development is difficult because it took Rossi many years.

It is actually relatively simple!

There is NO need for shielding against radioactivity.

There is seemingly(!) no risk of uncontrolled chain reactions because the reactions are bound to the solid state. A melting of Ni is halting the reactions!

So why are you saying it is more difficult than building a fission reactor?

It is evidently not.

Rossi is a good chemist. But he is neither a physicist nor a nuclear engineer nor an electrical engineer.

He is one person and his company is ridiculous.

Just because it took him many years it does not mean the development is difficult in general given all available resources of the world.

Now, one can ask why should we use all available resources.

Well, because this technology is probably the most important of the first half of this century.

And it is important for each and everyone of us. Seriously... renewable energies will not save us. It occupies too much area and does not leave enough room for 10+x billion people. The energy density is too small.

So I ask why should we NOT use all available resources?!!!

Forget about the f**** Mars missions while there is still hunger and starvation and far too expensive energy here.

We are not talking about the new iPhone, damn it!

This technology has new dimension of importance.

@me356

I was talking about these kind of demonstrations

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonstration_(protest)

• I think that such demonstration are not so necessary.
    At the moment, we have just indications that LENR will work as expected.

So we must be perfectly sure it will really work in various conditions.
    Immediately after it will be succesfully replicated and all data available without any restriction, companies will be working on it to get between customers.

I believe that we can see such devices finished in one year, at least for testing.
    I think that lot of energy companies are interested in this phenomenon and will invest in their research as soon as possible.

But in case that these things will be hidden for some reason even after it is ready, then demonstration should occur.

• Official Post

@me356

We don't just have indications.

A working "ecat" was installed by Rossi at a factory side of a company. They are reporting that it is working.

Maybe more importantly an experienced physicist proved that a mixture of lialh4 and Ni is emitting heat which does not originate from chemical reactions.

1g emitted 2 kW so 1000 kg will emit 2 GW just as the largest nuclear plants do.

We already arrived at the last phase you are speaking of: The technology is ready for industrial R&D and a large scale prototype but it is hidden.

• Official Post

Quote from Majorana: “
    A working "ecat" was installed by Rossi at a factory side of a company. They are reporting that it is working.”
    But this is still only "Rossi said...". We still can only trust what Rossi says. We don't have…

You can forget about Rossi, but Parkhomov proved it.

Of course I agree, undoubtable proof means you either do the experiment yourself or a "renowned" university is doing it and publishing a paper in a "renowned" journal.

But that's the catch! This is not going to happen without enough people trying to convince professors at a university to replicate the experiment.

They all have their own research in some other field and LENR is discredited as being complete physical non-sense. Even daring to do an experiment related with LENR is putting your career at a risk. So no one dares.

• Official Post

But that's the catch! This is not going to happen without enough people trying to convince professors at a university to replicate the experiment.

Possible.
    But in my oppinion the right way to convince university scientists is like the way MFMP is planning it.
    If their dog-bone project (lugano replication) shows repeatable large excess heat (let's say COP >= 2), they will build a few reactors and sent them to, as you call them, "renowned" universities.
    Then they have what they ever cried for: A device they can completely disassemble and measure like they want without any restrictions or non disclosure agreements (NDAs) like Rossi is doing it.

THIS is the biggest argument the sceptics have. You can give them the best arguments, they still say: show me just one device and don't make me restrictions when I try to measure the energy output.

As until now, this has not happend. But exactly this situation can change very soon, thanks to Parkhomov and others. :thumbup:

• Official Post

Quote from Majorana: “But that's the catch! This is not going to happen without enough people trying to convince professors at a university to replicate the experiment.”
    Possible.
    But in my oppinion the right way to convince university scientists is…

I hope you are right! That would be great. I think this is becoming off topic, but: Did the MFMP say which universities they want to send the reactors to?

• Official Post

I think this is becoming off topic, but: Did the MFMP say which universities they want to send the reactors to?

I don't know. I believe they have not decided yet.

But I guess they will sent one to University of Utha, where Martin Fleischmann and Stanley Pons made "the discovery" ;)

Maybe you saw the announcement today from Daniel Passerini, who said that he got new insider information about a very good replication with very positive results.
    So we have to be patient... X/

• I've made a working p + P reactor.
    First abandon the e-cat core charge involvement with nickel and substitute a special form of nickel oxide. Fusion initiates at a critical temperature and if well controlled will operate self sustained to produce steam to drive a high pressure turbine. Same turbines now used for boiling water fission reactors. No more need for uranium or thorium and consequent problems with environmental damage.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.