Brian Ahern: Parkhomov replication

• Here is a theory I would like to share in light of Parkhomov andQuantum Rabbit's transmutation claims.

John Wallace's model has the potential for explaining a great deal of LENR. I am not certain that I understand it. I think he has the deuteron as a superposition of high energy quark wave functions . With 2 nucleons (PROTON + NEUTRON) each having 3 quarks. They can 'switch' into three particles with 2 quarks each (pions).

During this crossover condition the charge 'winks out' and we have a neutral entity for a short period. During this time there is no Coulomb Repulsion and the nucleus may penetrate into other nuclei. Since this is a low energy entrance, it may restrict the release of high energy radiation.

John treats the concept of charge as a complex entity with imaginary components. This generalization expands what can be expected from charge.

What causes this 'winking' to happen when it does not happen under most circumstances?

John maintains that vacancies can agglomerate into microvoids. These microvoids can collapse and excite electrons to moderately high energy. This in turn, induces large magnetic fields locally which can influence the pion behavior. Similarly, the arcing currents through molten lithium may explain the QR transmutations.

The defect model with microvoids suggests that highly defective materials will show the most activity. People have intentionally induced defects and found more excess energy. Unfortunately, as the output increases the temperature increases and the defect anneal away shutting down the reactivity.

That is why John favor liquid metal lattices where the defect density increases with increasing temperature. This has increased my curiosity with regard to liquid lithium in the Parkhomov and Rossi experiments. That also increases my curiosity with regard to the Quantum Rabbit claims of transmutation with liquid lithium and highly localized arcing currents.

• "In their experiment, the physicists forced deuterium gas into a cell containing a mixture of palladium and zirconium oxide, which absorbed the deuterium to produce a dense "pynco" deuterium. In this dense state, the deuterium nuclei from different atoms were so close together that they fused to produce helium nuclei."

I've forced hydrogen gas into a dense state by interaction with nickelous oxide at 830 C. Excess heat was produced without change of the green NiO catalyst.

• The exponential increase of jargon related to nanometer fusion is mentally painful. Why not let it go as an nonunderstandable effect.

If we can't understand something as simple as a photon and have to revert to lamba=2d*sine theta diffraction in addition to mass measurement to show its wavicle properties we aren't able to inderstand much.

• :/

It's either that it has not yet taken off, in case one would perhaps expect a note on delayed activities, or it is a failure, and the motivation to inform is not great, atleast not until it is understood what happened.

It could also be that the result is bafflingly monumental ?( , such that one cannot find words at this moment, and more data needed to understand.

Or perhaps it was a nice reproduction, and data is collected over a period, soon to be revealed.

Attach probabilities to the above situations as your own mind see fit.

I trust Brian Ahern will inform us soon of any outcome, whatever it may be.

• Official Post

Bob Greenyer just wrote in the comment section of E-Cat World that Brian Ahern received his Thermocouples (TC) today:

• Why not explain the heat from this reaction as similar to star energy. Hydrogen fuses into helium and releases heat. It's going on an infinite number of times in our universe. My experiment with nickelous oxide and hydrogen gas produced excess heat without change to the NiO. Helium couldn't be detected with my detector. Let's apply Occam's Razor here.

• I should have added that the star's gravitational effect on protons density to initiate fusion is replicated in the nickelous oxide reactor by its effect on the dissociated hydrogen and the NiO atomic array.

• All of these hit or miss results of hydrogen fusion when using palladium or nickel with a variety of impurities/additives is comical. There is a compound of nickel the has a high degree of reproducibility when operated at non reductive temperature of the compound.

• Official Post

Update from @brian ahern today

Jeff and I calibrated the 4-tube system with new type-K thermocouples. They all were mounted in a tube lying side by side and were positioned at the center of the 12" long tube furnace. Temperatures were measured , recorded and plotted every 30 seconds. All four registered the same temperature to within 0.6 degrees C over the range 100 - 800C.

We heated slowly (12 hours up to 120C) to avoid pressure increases from rapid H2 desorption

The two inner tubes were replaced with a blank tube ( 1 gram of Ni-255)and one containing 0.1g ofNaAlH2 + 1 gram Ni-255 powder. Both tubes were sealed at each end with alumina paste cement.

We began raising the power by 35 watts every hour. This resulted in a temperature increase of about 40 degrees C each hour.

Above 250C the thermocouple adjacent to the sample began showing a little higher temperature. By 455C it was 2.0 degrees higher. I am still heating. I will go up to 850C.

• Update from @brian ahern today

We began raising the power by 35 watts every hour. This resulted in a temperature increase of about 40 degrees C each hour.

Above 250C the thermocouple adjacent to the sample began showing a little higher temperature. By 455C it was 2.0 degrees higher. I am still heating. I will go up to 850C.

So if [lexicon]Alexander Parkhomov[/lexicon]'s most recent data is good, and Brian's experiment's materials are close enough to Alexander's, then perhaps in about four hours he will see the beginning of a significant effect. At 700 C and above.

I wonder how long his apparatus can survive between 800 and 850

• Official Post

Dear brian ahearn :
    One question about NaAlH4, was raised.
    In old PdD electrolysis it seems Na (sodium) contamination was judged as killing the reaction.

Is there a risk that NaAlH4 test have contaminated the reactor, and may kill Ni+LiAlH4 experiment ?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.