Brian Ahern: Parkhomov replication

• I get a "you are not authorized" message trying to chat. In new tab.

Tried with Firefox and Safari. I'm logged in, obviously -- I can post here! and I went back and forth, always opening a new tab as instructed, then coming back here within that Tab -- the exact message is, when I enter a chat comment and hit Enter, is
    "You’re not authorized to execute this action."

• Just for fun, some possible recent Parkhomov artifacts suggested on the CMNS list.
    1. Induced AC from the heater coils, into the thermocouple circuit, becoming significant as input power is increased, possibly saturating the amplifier. Fix: use well-filtered DC power for heaters, or strongly filter thermocouple amplifier input. Test to confirm/disconfirm extent of issue.
    2. chemical changes in the Lithal lead to thermal conductivity changes. If this is an issue, a no-fuel calibration is inadequate, the heat flow will be different. Thorough exploration of cell behavior needed. Possible calibration with a "spent" sample, i.e., sintered nickel in place, but gas evacuated and replaced with (helium?).

• Official Post

It seems Brian Ahern obtained no excess heat at 1150C It is from a twitter account, who can confirm?

Bad news from Brian Ahern: At 1150°C no excess heat! #LENR #replication #ahern #parkhomov #ecat #lugano

— smogm (@smogm) 6 Avril 2015

• Brian has tried first LiAlD4; this does not work. As you know (if you read Ego Out)
    both Piantelli and Hasdjichristos have stated that Nickel does not work at all
    with deuterium. This seems to be confirmed now In Hot Cat conditions too.
    You will see Brian's results with LiAlH4 soon.
    I have asked Parkhomov to do a comparison test with LiAlD4.

Peter

• Ikegami wrote an article about the effects of lithium liquid metal on accelerating fusion. He predicted that catalysts containing nickel would cause fusion of deuterium. He and one of the members of the Lvi group that tested the Rossi reactor wrote about liquid lithium reactions with deuterium, protium and Lithium and they claimed they observed 2400 times breakeven in their D-Li experiments. His theory seems applicable to those systems but not to the nickel-deuterium fusion. I think he was stretching things a bit. Maye not, i think that the liquid phase of the broken down LiAlH4 does accelerate the Ni-P LENR.
    Maybe if he refines his calculations it might explain the difference in Ni-P +liquid Li and Ni-D + liquid lithium reactions.

• Official Post

Brian has tried first LiAlD4; this does not work. As you know (if you read Ego Out)
    both Piantelli and Hasdjichristos have stated that Nickel does not work at all
    with deuterium. This seems to be confirmed now In Hot Cat conditions too.
    You will see Brian's results with LiAlH4 soon.
    I have asked Parkhomov to do a comparison test with LiAlD4.

Peter

Update from @brian ahern today

Went to 1115 again. No improvement

Brian has tried first LiAlD4; this does not work.

The usual unscientific mode of replicate made by CF people, same from 25 years.

Why don't replicate EXACLTY the Parkhonov's experiment BEFORE to make any changes in order to verify for first if works or not?

What does means "tried"? Is it a lottery or a replication?

First check if it works THEN (if it works) make changes, this is a scientific method.

• Official Post

You raise a fundamental question, but it seems more in the creative nature of scientists than in LENR domain specially.

Jed rothwell covered many time that subject and noticed what you noticed.

In that article on Wright Brothers compared to cold fusion, he covers that problem

You simply have to analyze the bad quality of caltech and MIT experiments to understand, that beside the low loading which can be forgiven to ignorance, there was also more ego than competence in those teams who stated they "replicated".
    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/B…Pjcondensedg.pdf#page=138

the exact replication was done by longchampt, after help from Fleischmann to understand the tricks acquired from decades of experience, and sample of palladium.
    http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LonchamptGreproducti.pdf

Here , thanks to internet I see much more communication between the scientists and various experimenters.

If Internet was developed like today when F&P made their publication, the importance of Baltimore manipulation would have been diminished and balanced by direct informations.

By the way LiAlD4 seems to be a good blank, and many claim of artifact will be void , if it work with LiAlH4 (I bet there are more secrets than LiAlH4+Ni).

Science is far from the myth in the books. It is very human.

• Parkhmov's "recipe" is the trace.
    If people believe to his indications as first step right now they must follow this trace (thanks to Internet,the most accurate that is possible) without any "divagation".

Make any changes now before to get a confirm it's not logical and it's a loss.

• Can we get some closure on this set of tests? Was excess heat observed? Is the data going to be published? What lessons were learned? Could we get further details of the reactor design? There are a lot of people working on this puzzle, we can solve it faster if we work together.

• To be honest. I find this annoying.

Where is Brian Ahern at? Would it not be prudent to give some feedback on the experiments, if nothing else to indicate that it did not work out as planned, and that he is now moving on?

Sure. I realize, he does not owe me anything, and he does not owe the readers of this site anything.

Nevertheless ...

Could you guys, who have such impressive badges in these fora, and who know how to contact him, do so and ask?

• Lenr fanatics like Free here; I must confess make me very nervous. I mean, to realize that people actually can think like he does.

I don't think all LENR advocates are crackpots, I know most of them are not. And some of them are very intelligent.

But what if all the crackpots are LENR- advocates? That's the disturbing aspect of this whole debate. And moreover, even the nominally sane seem to accept the presence of disturbed people in the so called LENR community.

Beats me.

• Brian's experiments are much more informative than most. As I pointed out elsewhere he avoids a whole load of artifacts, which puts him in the best position to experiment with different temperatures, powders, etc.

Of course, as is obvious, if these experiments do not work his results will all be null. I expect that very sensibly he does not see any reason to parade null results over the internet. Perhaps, when he has tried all permutations he sensibly can, he will share.

People should pay more attention to his methodology than they do - since it is much better than the others.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.