Alexander Parkhomov: Lugano replication

• Official Post

Justing coming in from @Peter Gluck's Ego Out blog: http://egooutpeters.blogspot.r…-parkhomov-news-from.html

[lexicon]Alexander Parkhomov[/lexicon] has now managed to setup another reactor with manomenter to measure the internal hydrogen pressure.
    Parkhomov tried this time to increase the temperature very slowly, so that the hydrogen, when it is released by the LiAlH4, has more time to be absorbed by the nickle. This way the pressure stays below the maximum the rector vessel tube can resist.

The current reactor is still running at the moment with a COP of 3!

Click on it to enlarge the picture.

http://lenr.seplm.ru/novosti/a…ra-derzhitsya-do-sikh-por

Translated by google:

• Official Post

That is a great result.
    The temperature make Lugano test quite credible.
    Note also the importance of warming time, that was managed by Rossi in Lugano.
    Note the color of the reactor.

Too bad the water method cannot be used, but thermometry gives an indication.
    It is good that Parkhomov have calibrated his reactor to compare the input power, for same temperature.

Look also how the reactor is beautiful now!

• The experiment is very interesting but there is one question that remains why could they not stop the electric heating and then watch the fusion reaction going on. Stop the heating process after the reaction starts. 1200 Watt excess heat is reported using no electricity, 900 watt Fusion energy and so it keeps the temperature and the process should go on without electric heating heating, you can simple keep the temperature by using an Al reflector foil!
    I'm not convinced because there are so many ways to cheat electricity for fraude!

• Heindl, I don't think the primary effort here is to get results in a way that is air-tight nonfraudulent.

Like any experiment, we have to trust the experimenters (whose specs are being published) that they realize peer review will confirm or deny any fraud inherently as part of the normal scientific process.

The scientific process itself will affirm that this is genuine, unlike Rossi who is understandably trying to protect a proprietary interest instead of proving the validity of his apparatus in a purely scientific process.

• Official Post

The problem of non infinite COP is very common.
    I would share my experimen with paleolithic technology : FIRE

those days, waiting for my LENR boiler ( :huh: , or cash to replace by gas boiler) I am using my chimney.
    I use a pile of old rotten wood.

to start the fire I use a hair drier in cold mode... it works well also to revive a dying fire.

one day, using a really wet wood I discovered that I needed to use the haire drier continuously, with good result, or the would would extinguish in 30minutes.

My chimney had a fair COP of few dozens, as the motor is <100W, and the chimney few kW...

People don't known, but a nuclear powerplant, a gas boiler, have a non infinite COP.
    Cut electricity, to Fukushima, or to your gas boiler, and you have great problem.

• Official Post

A paper of Swartz and Hagelstein in latest JCMNS report that pulsed magnetic field avove 1.5T trigger the reaction.
    Violante at ENEA used that setup in his analysis of RF emission at 80GHz...

anyway with Parkhomov, heat and consequences (pressure) seems the only factor.

It seems however that "breathing" heat ON/OFF (as in SSM) is more efficient that just heating.

but who knows if coil is not important, if triac is not important (is Parkhomov using switched power?)

• Official Post

Russian video with Alexander, March 18.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

I've heard of some warning on that result.
    We should be careful.

The calibration used to say COP 3.2x is not documented, and the thermometry is done with only one thermocouple.

Anyway Alexander is working hard on improving the calorimetry.

Current result cannot convince skeptic, and we should be ready for a false positive... (no solid evidence of anything in fact, not even negative. Don't panic.)
    that is science anyway...

Go Alexander !

• I believe the upper video dies not resemble the recent test that may still be running. The manometer is missing. I fully agree with Alain that we must be careful with the COP results. It can only be a guess. Better calometry is essential.

• Bonjour.
    C'est une bonne nouvelle.
    C'est du chauffage par induction ? comme dans les vidéos où on voit du métal en suspension fondre dans une résistance.
    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauffage_par_induction
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_heating

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Heindl, there are also indications that the reaction need some kind of electromagnetic stimulus to continue and/or being controlled. Without the electric input the reaction might just stop or runaway.

I love your comment 'cause it hits the nail on the head.

Electromagnetic harmonics (bandwidths of radio frequencies) can create standing waves, waves intersecting creating peaks, and peaks that collide with each other with an even greater bringing together of combined energetics. Electrical current supplied for this is also needed to send frequencies that dampen these harmonics when a need to slow down the reactions arises. Simple no?

Greg Goble Says: November 21, 2011 at 11:09 am | Reply Hi,

I have been pondering (harmonics), harmonic phenomenon like cavitation, as being the catalyst in the Rossi – E Cat reaction chamber. Knowing your interest I am sending you this. You will find enlightening leads in this piece I have been doing flash crowd education with.

A bit of research and I come across this item. Rossi is associated with these folks who are experts in the cavitation phenomenon.

http://pesn.com/2011/11/05/950…s_a_Purification_Panacea/

Different frequencies (harmonics) may cause cavitation and focus heat within the nickel and hydrogen lattice, specific frequencies oscillating through a harmonic may create standing waves weakening the lines of resistance between subatomic particles. Is this the catalyst in the Rossi E Cat reaction chamber? Related information see Sonofusionhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonofusion

Are the radio frequencies creating a micro-cavitation within the nickel hydrogen lattice?

This is the first post I found where Rossi mentions frequency generation as part of the reaction process. “In the self sustained mode, a one megawatt plant can operate at full power, while consuming a miniscule amount of electricity to operate fans, pumps and radio frequency generators.” http://www.leonardo-ecat.com/f…ucts/1MW_Plant/index.html

Further harmonic speculation in a recent CBS News article “Cold Fusion Debate Heats Up After Latest Demo” ByNatalie Wolchover
    “Peter Hagelstein, an MIT professor of electrical engineering and computer science and one of the most mainstream proponents of cold fusion research, thinks the process may involve vibrational energy in the metal’s lattice driving nuclear transitions that lead to fusion.” .www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57318762/cold-fusion-debate-heats-up-after-latest-demo

“Not so far in the distant future, the next generation… will look back at our generation… and know that the term ‘energy shortage’ was a term for unenlightened minds” gbgoble-2008

Enjoy,

Greg

• The link to the quote no longer works. Here is a link to Next Big Future, they picked up on this also. http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/…tion-at-new-leonardo.html

• Official Post

On the Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project Facebook Page Bob Greenyer reported that Parkhomov's "long-term" reactor had a heating coil burnout yesterday, but was able to replace it with a new one and to restart the reaction without any problems. This also means that the reactor is still running with a short interruption!! :thumbup:

• Official Post

The experiment is very interesting but there is one question that remains why could they not stop the electric heating and then watch the fusion reaction going on. Stop the heating process after the reaction starts. 1200 Watt excess heat is reported…

Quote from shaslund: “Heindl, there are also indications that the reaction need some kind of electromagnetic stimulus to continue and/or being controlled. Without the electric input the reaction might just stop or runaway.”

I love your comment…

Parkhomov already proved that radio frequency pulses and time-dependent fields in general are not important for the reactions! Different to what Rossi told us. Maybe Rossi just wanted to disinform all his competitors.

Parkhomov did not use the pulses shown in the lugano report. He used direct current to drive the heating coil therefore there were no electromagnetic waves being generated just a static magnetic field, which could of course play a role in the reactions. But this means the heater can be replaced by a helmholtz coil or a strong permanent magnet.

Thus, Heindl is completely right.

@Alexander Parkhomov

Could you try to build a hull to isolate radiation and convection and then see if the reactions will continue?

• Official Post

The fact that the regulator decreased power with time is very interesting as it shows that without touching anything the power change.

This is like a calibration, and even if the measurement were totally wrong at the beginning, the increase of efficiency is hard to explain without a changing COP.

one could blame the change in convection, but it would be temporary.

this is a good indication.
    Of course many skeptic will ask for a flow or mass calorimetry... I don't know if it is possible with that setup.
    Maybe the metallic frame could be closed and the whole cooled by a fluid ? Risky because it may cause a thermal runaway.

anyway great moment. I wish it is confirmed and enter history of science.

• Official Post

Could you try to build a hull to isolate radiation and convection and then see if the reactions will continue?

I often thought about this.
    When someone can prove that only heat is necessary, then it should be possible to insulate the reactor and try to use controlled cooling (with water flowing around the reactor) to prevent overheating/runaway. The control could be achieved by regulate the flow speed of the cooling liquid.
    If this is possible you need electricity just for the start up phase. :thumbup:

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.