lithium letter

• Official Post

Lithium arrives at the epicenter of robust LENR

1. The Rossi Lugano report was issued on October 10, 2014. It was troubling in that Rossi had control of the fuel powders. The analysis suggested that Ni-58 was converted to Ni-62. Also Lithium-7 was converted to Li-6. We know that Rossi had access to Li-6 and Ni-62 powders. He could have easily ‘salted’ the reactors before or after a run.

The analysis concludes that Rossi had added 100milligrams of LiAlH4 as a source of hydrogen gas. The system apparently produced excess heat, but the pyrometry seemed designed to confuse. As a result the report was nearly worthless.

2. John Wallace releases his new book on quantum mechanical revisions and identifies liquid metal lattices to be superior to solid nickel and/or palladium lattices. The liquids have a high defect density as compared to solids and the defects have been associated with excess heat. Molten lithium is the best choice.

3. [lexicon]Alexander Parkhomov[/lexicon] releases data stating that LiAlH4 added to Ni-255 powders did give 1000 Watts excess heating.

4. Parkhomov has essentially resurrected the Lugano/Rossi data with this replication.

5. A Journal article from Italy on March 18 detailed how lithium has anomalous nuclear crossection

6. In 1952 Nobel lecture by Cockcroft stated that Lithium was a singular substance with unexplained Properties.

H. Ikegami

1. ULTRADENSE NUCLEAR FUSION IN METALLIC LITHIUM LIQUID He shows how lithium is many, many orders of magnitude more active with its nuclear properties. An enormous enhancement of 7Li(d,n2) reaction rate in liquid Li was reported by H.

Ikegami et al.[8].

They bombarded metallic Li targets in both liquid and solid phase with deuterium ion beams at the energy range of some tens of keV. In solid phase, no event was observed with the alpha-particle and neutron detectors, which was consistent with the reaction rate estimation based on the published nuclear cross-section data. On the other hand, in the liquid phase, a large number of -particles were observed on the SSD. Consequently, the rate enhancement of 7Li(d,n2) reaction was estimated to be a factor of 1010 - 1015. In 2013 Minari working at another Japanese lab repeated his work with lower reaction crossections, but still with remarkable properties.

2. Quantum Rabbit Corp has been doing transmutation studied for 10 years. They use an arc to create strong B-field in molten lithium. They transmute iodine into Selenium Molten lithium seems to be looming as the flux to obtain kilowatt power levels. This is totally unexpected until one examines the body of evidence. Lithium-6 represents only 7% with Li-7 is at 93%.Lithium-6 may be the most important entity in LENR.In fact, Efimov States explain the anomalies of Li-6 in a qualitative manner. Li-6 acts like three boson pairs. This delocalizes the nuclear binding dimensions and entirely new physical effects are enabled.

• Very interesting, David.

A metallic liquid (molten Li, or room temperature mercury as a pair of examples), has virtually identical density to the solid. The inter-nuclear distances are very constant and their freedom of rotation may make them even freer to form something akin to a bosonic condensate at much higher temperatures than conventional B-E condensates. [Mechanistically, I suspect] the difference is in the distribution of momenta (as p = m v) between the nuclei versus their much more agitated electronic accompaniment, due to the thousands times smaller aggregate electron mass than that of the aggregate nuclear mass. So, for nucleonic colligative behaviors such as nucleonic conduction [e.g. proton superconduction] or nucleon exchange, the B-E transition temperature could well be higher than 1000 K., v. the millikelvin temperatures for B-E condensates of whole atoms or their ions. [To be continued, and /or critiqued]

• [Note added as an Edit: (I hope everyone recognizes the encyclopedia "Never to be trusted for controversial issue" or NTBTFCI, I refer to... and that acronym is not its name at all. I persist in refusing to name it because it has largely "frozen" in place a completely idiotic description of Cold Fusion. I have attempted to communicate my dissatisfaction along with my occasional and now ever less frequent donations.... To no avail. Abd Lomax has documented his battle with the trolls and patsies that act as administrators there for that subject and related subjects. If I recall correctly, at least some of that documentation can be seen by searching Abd ul Rahman Lomax and Vortex and/or checking his entries under Cold Fusion at Wikiversity.]

The "Isotopes of Lithium" article at the above mentioned "online-encyclopedia" [NTBTFCI] has a sentence that is intriguing:

"Lithium-6 is one of only four isotopes with a spin of 1 and has the smallest nonzero nuclear electric quadrupole moment of any stable nucleus."

This, rather than what seemed to be an allusion to its p/n ratio by AR, might explain the lack of Li6 reactivity in various Li-containing reactors, including the Parkhomov et al replications.

AR's argument may rest on thorough adoption of a W-L or W-L-S model. I do not contest the model, but it seems to be one that has persisted and gained following due to a certain current lack of "falsifiability" in Popper's sense.

But I am certain it can be tested, if someone had the will and the resources to do so. That is, I am quite certain that the validity or lack for W-L-S is resolvable, that is, it actually may not turn out to be case of Popper's lack of falsifiability.

The article provides a table near the end, where one can see the definitive difference between a W-L-S a (neutron addition via an electron +proton) and the Lipinski mechanism, which is the direct addition of a proton. In both the schemes, when one is targeting Li 7, the result is apparently Be 8 and its immediate decay (10^-16 s) to the cleanest result one can hope for: lots of MeV alphas and essentially no residual radioactivity.

The "Isotopes of Lithium" article at the NTBTFCI is interesting in several other respects, perhaps worth a quick read for those here.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.