me356: Reactor parameters [part 1]

• @me356
    I completed a test yesterday trying to trigger excess heat by boiling Lithium. The test ended with no signs of excess heat. http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…r-test-by-brian-albiston/

I took the temperature up to 1260C+ with the pressure around 0.1 bar. This should have resulted in the Lithium boiling. Possible reasons I can think of why I didn't get similar results to what you have achieved:

• It is very possible that the Nanoshel stabilized Lithium I have been using and supplying to MFMP has exceeded its useful shelf life. The stabilizing process may turn it mostly to Lithium Carbonate or it could have Oxidized sitting on the shelf. I will try again with fresh bulk Lithium.
    • Perhaps my Nickel Hydrogenation step is flawed in some way. Do you do anything other than heat it to 200C in Hydrogen and let it sit? How long do you let it sit?
    • My reactor had been used several times before and contamination is quite likely. You seem to indicate contamination is detrimental.
    • My consumer vacuum pump may not be capable of reaching the low pressures required.
    • Are you using some additional triggering mechanism other than heat and pressure?

Any additional details you can give to help others replicate your results would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• I reaction starts after an abrupt change in temperature around the range. It works at normal atmospheric pressure with a flow of hydrogen. At the end of the reactor is the thermal insulation. It was enough for her to raise, in a second put in place - the reaction has gone - much to reduce power consumption and increase in reactor temperature.

• wishfulThinking:
    1. It is possible.
    2. Hydrogenation process took about 1 hour in my latest experiment.
    3. Yes, especially if there was a fuel in the chamber.
    4. Having good vacuum pump to pump everything out is desirable. I recommend a vacuum pump that can reach at least 10 pascals.

• 5. ?

Static magnetic field?
    Static electric field (charged plates)
    RF stimulation of magnetic resonance?
    IR (terahertz) stimulation?
    Modified waveform in heater coil?
    Europe = 50 Hz, US = 60 Hz.?
    Sonic stimulation?
    Mechanical stimulation?
    Stray muons or neutrinos?
    Trace semi-stable "ignitors"? C14, Potassium, ...

• JDM:

It would be interesting if the Rossi stethoscope was a rectenna device, eh?

No, I think it was something in between, a rectoscope.

• @me356
    Thanks for answering our questions. Can you give any more detail on your Hydrogenation process other than it took an hour and you heat it to 200C? How do you know when you're done? Do you vacuum first? Do you Hydrogenate in the reactor or prior to loading the fuel?

It's pretty obvious that every time we ask you about the triggering mechanism you skip over that question. ;) Thanks for answering our other questions. I hope you can tell us your full procedure soon.

• Hello @me356,

Sorry to bother you with my questions, but the devil is in the details:
    1. Do you use a capsule to hold the Ni powder? If yes, what is it made of?
    2. What kind of Ni powder do you use?

You've made a wonderful discovery! Hope you will share with us your findings.

Arnaud

• 2. My latest experiments were not using powders at all.

Do you mean that:
    1. You are using a Ni foil, a Li wire and H2 gas from a canister
    2. All the elements from 1. are put in a SS (or Al2O3) cylinder at different steps depending on the preparation of the Ni

That seems a very simple setup. Is it something wrong in my understanding?

• ME356,

If there is any way you can construct or get hold of a calorimeter? It would remove almost all doubts about the COP you have attained.

I constructed an airflow calorimeter using aluminized construction foam to build the insulating chamber and a 12V DC fan to force air through the chamber. The fan is controlled by a servo circuit that monitors the airflow past a pair of diodes on the inlet port: one in thermal contact with a resistor carrying a small amount of current, and another that is not heated. The servo amplifier attempts to maintain a constant voltage difference between the diodes, and that translates into requiring the fan move a constant thermal mass through the chamber. A pair of LM35 temperature sensors, one each on the inlet and outlet ports, monitors the temperature difference between air at the inlet and outlet. The resulting system yields a highly linear and repeatable response. See the attached figure that shows the results of a calibration run with an inert cell.

Jeff

• Official Post

Dear @me356,
    did you notice if something not related to heat or pressure change in the cell could change the "Excess Heat" status?

One possibility to explain the apparent excess heat at a given temperature/power/pressure is a phase change...
    but if by an independent triggering you can make the reaction start or stop , this is a strong evidence, and there is less questions on the calorimetry/phase change.

where you are just near the working point, below or above, maybe :
    - approaching a magnet ?
    - powering a DC coil to induce magnetic field (longitudinally or radially)
    - inject a magnetic pulse (see Dennis Letts, and recent ENEA article)
    - inject low power RF

It will be luck, but it will save you many calorimetry debate.

• AlainCo: yes

I dont believe that it was a phase change, in other experiments the excess heat was coming clearly from the fuel as the chamber was rather transparent.
    Also it works with alumina fuel chamber and stainless steel as well.

One of my reactors allows to see the output directly.
    If you can see the difference between excess heat and no excess heat you have no doubts. These reactors worked previously for quite a long time.

Now when COP was increased noticeably they were melted quickly (including nickel) and in some areas of the fuel the nickel was literally missing.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.