me356: Reactor parameters [part 1]

• The problem there is that it is driven by Triac with relatively low precision (approx. 6bit). For such low temperatures it can't hold precisely because it is between on and off state. For higher temperatures it will be fine. Altough even now there are approx. 1°C oscillations - it is beyond thermocouple precision.

For next experiments I will build own control board so it can be driven very precisely.

• Live test is going quite well.
    We have reached 850°C at the moment.

Previously it was verified that at 750°C there was not apparent excess heat altough interesting phenomenons occured during heating.
    I have tried SSM mode that cutted current for one minute. This test may possible trigger the process so it was worth a try.
    Temperature falled quickly as without fuel, but this is normal. Temperature is still too low to see excess heat.

Hopefully around 950-1100°C situation will change.

• Good show. I was following this till I fall aslee. Sorry you did not see any extra heat. Sofar I think it would be better to use the same nickel as Parkhomov. Then you might succed. If you need some, I think you can contact MFMP, and I am sure they will be happy to send you some gram. They have send this nickel to a dosen rplicator, but your show last night was the best I have seen so far. If you need to fix they triac control, I would reccomand this sight:http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/ACPhaseControl.
    I ordered several pices of all the parts needed, so I would by happy to send you what you need to build one.
    Regards
    Svein Utne

• Thanks for watching!

It was nice and very interesting event. It seems that no excess heat was produced altough we have seen several times temperature increase without apparent reason between few seconds and two minutes while current was constant or even decreased.

For me and others it seemed like the process was about to start many times. But PID controller always gradually halted the power (to maintain setpoint) so this process stopped always suddenly too.
    This findings leads me to the sotware improvement.
    For next test I have implemented manual power control so the PID will not halt possible process. This could be very important to maintain excess heat.

At 1000°C we have interfaced software issue that prevented from increasing, so firmware reflash was needed. After few complications reactor was restarted (2 times). In the meantime temperature fell too quickly, but was restored in few minutes.
    Test was stopped at 1142°C.

Reactor and equipment survived without any damage. There was only few cracks on the heater sealing which will be fixed before next run.

Data are attached.

• Good to hear that the reactor is still in one piece! :)

I think those of us observing your experiments need more information about the components and the way they are connected.

Right now it is like a black box.

We can understand generally that you are using PID control, and a Raspberry Pi, but more detail is needed to better understand what is happening.

• Official Post

We saw a negative but constructive result yesterday. Don't despair.

@me356
    As soon as we have manual control of current I would suggest to start a heating phase again by consecutively increasing the current. During this phase we can record the corresponding temperatures. Than at a temperature of 1100°C suddenly decrease the current to a lower value at which we previously saw a temperature <700°C

If the reactor will then settle at a higher equilibrium temperature than before we will have a definite proof for reactions.

• Before retired I worked 40 years to electronic and informatic development for french radio and TV. Yesterday I focused on experiment. Now, you must learn more about triacs. They cut hight power in a very short time, then generate a true lightning in the circuit. You must protect your laboratory against them using coil as shocking self. Also, if many people cut the power at the same phase or the same level in the AC current, that disturb the power generator on the grid and this is forbiden by laws. The only point where you can cut or put the power without disturb anything is in monophasic AC when V = I = 0.

About the triac in LENR, my felling is that nobody knows exactly why but try and see that the wide spectrum of electromagnetic frequencies help the process. Probably in the future experiments could select some frequencies or level of energy that could better help each specific reaction. Lugano test reveals how Rossi use them, in a secondary power stage, and at any phase, to protect the grid against issues.

My prefered theory is the one of V.I. Vysotsky which could explain LENR, and even biological transmutation, by a relative transparency of the Coulomb barrier. It could unify LENR and standard model that could be a big step in LENR diffusion.
    https://fr.wikiversity.org/wik…oulomb_barrier_hypothesis

• Here you can find the analysis with fuelled reactor : https://docs.google.com/spread…p4x37M/edit#gid=312523752

On the fuelled chart you will see in blue the consumed power to reach the temperature and in red the power estimated from the calibration with the unfuelled reactor.

As we can see there is not much difference between them with the blue line slightly above the red line. It means that there were no excess heat but instead more power need to reach a given temperature.

Me356, keep on going the good work and we will one day succeed!

• Thank you. I believe we will succeed very soon.

Do you think that when fuel is heated without reaction, reactor will be opened and again sealed/used, could it work?
    I think that if hydrogen will escape then it is useless.

• Thank you. I believe we will succeed very soon.

Do you think that when fuel is heated without reaction, reactor will be opened and again sealed/used, could it work?
    I think that if hydrogen will escape then it is useless.

The LiAlH4 as already decomposed into H2 and LiAl. If the sealing is compromised, the H2 will escape out of the reactor. Part of the H2 has been ad/absorbed by the nickel powder. So it is very difficult to answer to your question. But I believe once the H2 has escaped, the reactor will not give excess power anymore. The problem here is that we don't fully understand the mechanism leading to fusion of H and Li7, then fission of Be8. H adsorbed might be enough for the reaction to happen. Just a guess.

• Official Post

My opinion is that it is worth to try a test run even with a reactor that just contains Ni and the LiAl alloy because I personally think the isotope shifts are the source of the excess heat thus hydrogen would not be important at all. (Anomalous behaviour of Li and Ni - Halo orbit theory)

But everyone has it's own opinion, we can't judge which theory is correct right now so you have to decide.

• I recommend monitoring the ambient temperature also during the next run. A plot of ambient along with reactor temperature will show the dependency of reactor temperature on ambient, if any.
    The peaks in reactor temperature can be due to variation in ambient. A variation of few degrees in ambient can cause up to 10 degrees variation in reactor, which can be mistaken for signs of lenr. Measuring the ambient will rule out any such cause.

Perhaps the current rig does not support any pressure measurements, but the next one should have a pressure sensor or meter. So you will not be totally blind to what is actually happening inside the reactor. You will know if there is a leak and if the H2 is absorbed sufficiently (indicated by a below 1 bar pressure inside). There is hardly any point in running it if the H2 leaks or the pressure does not drop sufficiently. A pressure sensor will be useful here.

Good work and looking forward for the next run.

• I will try few more tests with current reactor as it is still working and is there quite high chance that we can get excess heat.

At the moment it looks like a new one. I've made some small cosmetic improvements.
    New firmware is tested as well.

Ambient temperature is varying +/-2°C there just because of day/night shift.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.