me356: Reactor parameters [part 1]

• Very interesting question.

Technically it is possible and relatively easy. We can just connect some sensitive microphone. From the output we can make frequency analysis in real time and here we can obtain interesting frequencies. We can then know which tone may be related with LENR. My opinion is that we will not hear anything except heater.
    But the problem is, that we don't know frequency range. But the biggest problem is, we have succeed in the replication first.

By the way I think that gas e-cat and hot-cat are very similar. Here the target is same but there is little different way to achieve it.

I think that hydrogen and nickel must be present in the system all the time in some form.

• me356,
    Your show was the best when it comes to present the data live. Much better than what we have seen on previus run. MFMP is impressed with your work, and Bob Greenyer would like to send you a sample of the nickel used by Parkhomov if you are interested. If you would like to be anunumus, I think that can be arange and they will send it to an address you prefer. Also I hope you will add a pressure gauge that can go bellow 1 atm (soft vacuum).
    regards
    Svein from the cold north

• Try to evaluate the COP in live seems possible integrating a shifting mean on 1 or 2 cycle, and compare it to a reference pre-registered, and interpolating between 5 C or 10 C spaced levels of temperature. This is easier if the cycles are normalized by the heater.

The Rossi HotCat test 2013-05-16 arXiv-1305.3913v3-20130607 (page 25 to 27, Plot 3 to 8)
    http://arxiv.org/abs/1305.3913v3
    reports that the minis of cycles are at 160 S, 600 S, 1040 S. Cycles are 440 S long and the duty cycle is discribed. The COP appears also in the curve of the ramp. The curving of the temperature is not amortized but divergent.

To drive the heating we can change the duty cycle, the curent A, the slope of a ramp, the number of intermediate picks, or any combinaisons of these.

We can choose to use or not the fronts of the triac to generate electromagnetic effects or not. To help reactions after we have already a significative COP, or try to help the reactions before have any COP.

A triac generates electromagnetic parasites which disturb all electronic apparatus and neighbors, who can call a service dedicated to locate the generator of parasites and stop it.
    But you can reduce parasites with "shocking selfs" or an intermediate power to isolate the triac against parasites.

There are 2 thermic delays : from heater to core and from core to extern. Try to servo-drive the temperature faster than the sum of the 2 delays seems to me an illusion. Try to drive it smoothy seems better, integrating 1 or 2 cycles and designing a regular setpoint change relative to the integration.

Why have we a so long cycle in a so small device? Is it normal? Is it a very isolant layer? Is it some air between solid layers? Is it because we use very small range of temp?
    How to reduce it? Is reduce necessary? Compress the layers in diameter ? Compress each layer in length to dilate it in thikness? Add more conductive layers?

• Thanks a lot for your comment!

Here is photo of my setup.
    Here you can see Arduino Uno with servo shield, Raspberry Pi model B with Wifi adapter, current sensor, thermocouple amplifier, camera, triac board with heat sink, circuit breaker.

It is very simple but not a state of the art.

• Your hardware remembers to me my first microprocessor application with an INTEL 8080, exactly a 8051 microcontroler on 3 cards, 30 years ago. A technical keyboard to drive the connections of several grids (video, audio, control, telecommands ...). The first use of micro in the french national TV service. And now I continue to use last technologies to support the next applications. An exciting life !

• Thanks for your comments.

Yes, I will use PWM with IGBT very soon. My IGBT driver board could be finished this week.
    Here I can change duty cylce and frequencies very well.

Also I plan to add manometer this week and refuel it. Old fuel will be stored for possible examination.

Tommorow from approx. 5:00-6:00 UTC next test with current reactor will be started.

• For cycles, in the 2015-05-09 precedent experiment:
    * the temp ondulates between +- 6C to +- 9C in cycles.
    * the last cycle between 2 peaks was from 01:33:12 to 01:40:53 = 00:07:41 = 461 S and could guide the setpoint.
    What to do for the next experiment? My feeling:
    Display: temp, setpoint, current(A), replace A=0 by A=A(n-1), COP# approximation.
    * COP# = shifting mean on 2 cycles / (reference without the reactive powder, interpolated in temperature).
    Drive heater:
    * The triac jumps at A=V=0.
    * Cycle length = 460 S.
    * The basic setpoint timing is 230 S up and 230 S down.
    * The basic up level setpoint level maintains a constant temperature. Down level is near 0.

What are your feelings ?

• me356: About the variance of the power in your lab. Your power return to ground is it strong enough ? After the end of the test, you can mesure the impedance of all your plugs in your lab. The normal impedance is lower than 40 ohm. If in a part of your lab you find some big differences, try to change the number of plugs in each plugs-box. Or replace the plugs-box. If you can't mesure the impedances, you can mesure with a voltmeter the tension between wires of 2 plugs of 2 plugs-box. The best cabling gives more than 100V or 0 V between 2 wires. Where the normal is 0 V, if you find more than 1 or 2 volt there is a problem, some cable or some contact is not strong enough.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.