me356: Reactor parameters [part 1]

• I think the inside-out design (see the picture) of reactor should be better in terms of heat exchange and temperature control.

I would like to clarify three points about the suggested inside-out design of the reactor.

1. The inside-out design allows to deliver heat to “a consumer” better than the tested now design (used in the replications by MFMP members, Parchomov, Denis Vasilenko) exactly because of the principle of the inverted scheme. Why? It is because of the temperature gradient from heater inside to outside reactor tubes. The heater placed inside will maintain the temperature and LEN reaction (at certain temperature because of heater) in the layer of fuel more close to heater and the outer layer of fuel can have lower temperature, because of delivering heat to the “consumer”, without the danger to shut down the LENR in the whole fuel completely, or to allow LENR to run away. From my point of view the temperature gradient of the fuel from inside to outside is a key for stable LENR and heat production.

2. Sealing of the inside-out designed reactor at both ends is not difficult and not different from the tested design. Instead of roads with cement in the already tested design, the rings (as it was written, between the outer and inner reactor tubes) with cement can be used with the same efficiency as for the tested design.

3.1. Not only temperature but also pulsed magnetic field can be used to maintain the LENR by using the coil with appropriate electric current on the outside tube of the reactor.

• The most accurate and complete document I saw about the explicit will to mask LENR is from Charles G. Beaudette, 2002, « Excess Heat: Why Cold Fusion Research Prevailed » specialy his conclusion « One can only wonder why discovery seems to be so punished ».

See also in french the controversy.

Nuclear reactions or nuclear transmutations happens in atomic reactor.

• Why do you call these things reactors?

Keeps me wondering.

... And I wonder why you waste your time posing ridiculous questions on this site.

It is a reactor because it is prep'ed such that one expect some sort of reaction to take place within its confines.

It is quite a general term, it's use common place in physics and chemistry.

I'm am surprise you are unaware of this fact. Or maybe not.

• Hi Free! You are right, I may have mental problems. Otherwise, why would I waste my time ranting and conversing with ignoramuses.

Nevertheless the word reactor, seems to me, should refer to installments that actually do something and have a purpose. Opposite to what you use the word for.

• Hi Free! You are right, I may have mental problems. Otherwise, why would I waste my time ranting and conversing with ignoramuses.

Nevertheless the word reactor, seems to me, should refer to installments that actually do something and have a purpose. Opposite to what you use the word for.

Your mental problems aside, you have a misconception regarding the word reactor, I'm sure.

If you premeditated enter into an enclosed volume some materials, with the aim to attempt them to react, then said enclosed volume is a reactor. And that is unrelated to external observers perception as to the validity of the purpose. Most people would agree on this interpretations. Maybe people who is negatively opinionated about the purpose, and blinded by that opinion, may choose to have a different interpretation, like yourself.

Again, why don't go elsewhere where your negative thinking is better appreciated?

• What happens with Ni and Li? An understand way:
    Now, we mix 2 powders of Ni and of Li, and the transmutation is mainly on Li.
    The reaction happens where the 2 powders are in contact, and Ni powder is only a catalyser.
    Perhaps we could increase the reaction rate thanks more contact surface, with Li around Ni or reverse.
    Perhaps the reaction rate increase when one of two powder melts a bit and increases the contact surface.
    The melting point is different and lower in an alliage of two or more elements.

Each time we heat the mix of powders, we increase a bit the contact surfaces between Ni and Li.
    What are their separe melting points? What are the melting points of their possibles "alliages"?
    We could prepare the mix, improve its efficiency, mature the mix, by thermal cycles around these temperatures.
    And later only, use this matured mix.

In future, we could try to "paint" Ni powder particules with a single molecule layer of Li, but how?
    Perhaps we could make an "alliage" fo Ni and Li "molecules".
    Perhaps we could make a multilayer material with alternate layers of Li and Ni "molecules".

• Your mental problems aside, you have a misconception regarding the word reactor, I'm sure.

If you premeditated enter into an enclosed volume some materials, with the aim to attempt them to react, then said enclosed volume is a reactor. And that is unrelated to external observers perception as to the validity of the purpose. Most people would agree on this interpretations. Maybe people who is negatively opinionated about the purpose, and blinded by that opinion, may choose to have a different interpretation, like yourself.

Again, why don't go elsewhere where your negative thinking is better appreciated?

Now, Free my friend. You have completely misinterpreted me.

I do not seek appreciation. I seek to understand the facts of reality. A concept not familiar to you, I think.

And I will not go away that easily. We have a special relationship, you and me.

• Today I have received IR thermometer and started to play with it.
    I am quite glad that I have bought it. It works exactly as I have wished.

Decoding the serial communication protocol was quite easy. I am now able to read the data stream with approx. 200ms latency.
    I can get data from IR and thermocouple at the same time if needed so it is really good. Everything over USB without additional converters or amplifiers.

Now I will port Arduino code to Raspberry Pi so everything can be done there. Then Arduino will be not necessary anymore.

So in next experiment thermocouple failure will be eliminated.

• GlowFish: yes. Now it should be done with Pi.

I am really looking forward for more experiments! If Chinese scientist is right, then demands for the excess heat are not so high in terms of power supply.
    It seems as it can be powered with anything, signal is not that important to get excess heat.
    But correct signal can make SSM cycles longer and more efficient.

• Now, Free my friend. You have completely misinterpreted me.

I do not seek appreciation. I seek to understand the facts of reality. A concept not familiar to you, I think.

And I will not go away that easily. We have a special relationship, you and me.

^^ No, I am very sure I do not misinterpret you even the slightest. You have since long shown your true face to me and all others who follow this subject.

:thumbup: Yes.... you and I have a special relationship.... :nono: or then again that is just an expression of that vivid imagination of yours.

• Things are going well,

I have ported my Arduino code to Raspberry Pi, it seems as good step. It is of course much faster even it is written in Python language now.
    Any change can be done in few seconds.

Data processing from IR thermometer is working really well over USB. Thankfully my IR is able to power from the USB port so battery is not necessary at all there.

Today I will try to make new kanthal A1 heater. SiC element is on the way but it will take approx. 3 weeks.
    All in all, SiC elements are quite expensive - approx $180 for one.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.