me356: Reactor parameters [part 1]

• Thank you for the info.

I am actually working on the interfacing with Optris Pi so we can use it directly for regulation loop. It is quite easy, altough there is some bug that prevents from working.
    I am waiting for Optris staff to help me with the solution.

Then everything will work with Raspberry Pi.

So we can use PCE-830, Voltcraft IR, GCM-300 geiger, Optris Pi. Everything with small and cheap embedded computer.

Normally you need few computers for this, but I really hate this way as it can be driven much better and more reliable for long time.

• It is really great time for LENR.

I understand the process more and more. Instead of making it more complicated the process seems to be relatively very easy if you are not thinking too much at the nuclear level.

The problem is, that we want just the device. But to make it work, we have to be good in few areas at the same time else it wont work at all. We are trying to replicate Hot Cat, but this is relatively the most complicated device we can build in the sense that we have to be very lucky. There are too much ifs. Trying different combinations takes very long time. But it is probably very safe.

I am convinced that to get excess heat itself we do not need any magnetic stimulation or anything special if we are not talking about Hot Cat.
    There can be part of the process, that needs external stimulation, but the core process will really not need it. Stimulation could be only prerequisite for other factor, that is causing excess heat.

And it will work with more materials.
    Nickel - Hydrogen system is just the cheapest as far as I know.

- Main feature is, that the process is cyclic.
    - Period could be 10s or even few days long.
    - The whole process is very similar to breathing.
    - We can get extreme COP easily, but the process may be dangerous because of excess radiation.
    - Neutron bursts are created in a greater extent with respect to COP we intend to get.
    - It can work in wide range of temperatures - this is dependent on used materials.

• As far as I know me356 ordered pure lithium ;)
    So his next run will work with the new e-cat patents information.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to the tests.
    If there's no excess heat after several attempts of different power/reactor setups with the new fuel composition, I think the lenr community would have to increase the skepticism by a notch.

• I am perfectly sure that it will work. At this time there is no room to be sceptic as there are so many cases with success.

We have still not replicated Focardi/Piantelli work which may be prerequisite for Rossi effect. LENR is probably very sensitive for inpurities so we need very tight lab conditions to make it work.
    If it was that easy, then LENR was discovered much sooner.

• Hi me356,

I wonder if you have any comments on our recent GS4 tests. This is the closest we've come to replicating Parkhomov's reported parameters, and there was no sign of excess heat beyond the range of measurement uncertainty. I'd appreciate your insight towards designing the next test.

Thanks,
    Alan Goldwater / MFMP

I am perfectly sure that it will work. At this time there is no room to be sceptic as there are so many cases with success.

We have still not replicated Focardi/Piantelli work which may be prerequisite for Rossi effect. LENR is probably very sensitive for inpurities so we need very tight lab conditions to make it work.
    If it was that easy, then LENR was discovered much sooner.

• "LENR is probably very sensitive for inpurities so we need very tight lab conditions to make it work.
    If it was that easy, then LENR was discovered much sooner."

I discovered Low Energy Nanoscale Fusion 50 years ago as posted on this forum. You are correct though that it isn't easy with the common use of nickel as a catalyst. If by chance the nickel surface has the correct submicron texture then fusion is easy. Most of the time the surface membrane is not conducive to the p+p->He reaction. Correct use of NiO in the reactor circumvents this problem with 100% success. There's no doubt that this nuclear reaction at low amu transmutation is real!

• magicsound: I am very busy at the moment, but I believe that with each experiments we are closer.
    I will take a look on the GS4 run too to analyse it more.

By the way, Rossi commented few minutes ago, that pure Ni-H fuel never produced excess heat in his case. This mean that Lithium will help a lot, especially pure lithium.

• Here are some photos from my current reactor.
    It is driven directly by Optris Pi instead of pyrometer so I can see Hot Spot, etc.
    I have written my software for displaying, recording and sending the data from Optris over the network in realtime so it can do exactly what I want.

A very impressive piece of crafting, looks very solid. :thumbup:

I terms of controlling, using 2 dimensional data, what do you plan to use as a default parameter to control the temperature, is it and average, hot spots, or ...?

I appreciate the fact that you could change this easily if you wanted, but I guess you have a general idea what to use. When using a 1D detector, a TC to control temperature, you are limited to that info, here you have the possibility to go on averages, but if a hot spot gets too hot, that information could supersede averages and be used to lower power, so that you don't get a too hot event, that may be destructive.

So, how do plan to map your information to control the power?

• Thanks.

I am using hot spot for driving the PID as I am sure that there will be such events.

But everything this is just for the development/research of the reactor.
    When it will be ready and will work as intended, then it can be done even without any sensor (if the reactor behavior can be 100% predictible). Of course there should be at least TC for safety reasons.

• I am testing various LiAlH4 powders and I have found really big differences in its structure, color and hydrogen amount.

It seems that one from Alfa Aesar I have ordered has maybe 20x more hydrogen than one I have used previously.
    So for good reproducibility it is better to get it from the same, verified source.
    This is because if you put somewhere exactly same amount as somebody else, you can get very different pressure.

By the way I wonder if it is possible to replace the fuel in a powder form for something like Nickel foil + Lithium pellets + LiAlH4 pellets.
    This is because much easier manipulation and more safety. Working with powders is really dangerous as it can potentially fly anywhere.

• I am testing various LiAlH4 powders and I have found really big differences in its structure, color and hydrogen amount.

It seems that one from Alfa Aesar I have ordered has maybe 20x more hydrogen than one I have used previously.
    So for good reproducibility it is better to get it from the same, verified source.
    This is because if you put somewhere exactly same amount as somebody else, you can get very different pressure.

By the way I wonder if it is possible to replace the fuel in a powder form for something like Nickel foil + Lithium pellets + LiAlH4 pellets.
    This is because much easier manipulation and more safety. Working with powders is really dangerous as it can potentially fly anywhere.

:) I got mine from Alfa Aesar as well. It seem potent. It's easy to get 50 bar H2 @ 250C in a 3cc compartment with 80 mg of that LAH.

Pellets could perhaps be handled without glove box, and that would be an efficient way to go. But it limits ones possibility to play with the fuel.

But when using powders, I strongly recommend get a glove box, or make arrangements to use one elsewhere. In the glove box it becomes evident the elusive nature of LAH and also Ni powder. If you pour, like I did my LAH to put it into manageable containers from a plastic bag, there was this smoke of particles that seemed to absolutely ignore gravity. It stuck on all sides of the box. Such smoke could harbor particles of sizes down to 0.3-0.5 micron where some protective masks have a problem with the size. So consider that when you take a 100g plastic bag of it and pour into smaller containers.

• Indeed.

By the way I am playing with Nickel hydrogenation and I have experienced effect that I never saw before.

Pressure was at 7.5 bars, then I have increased the temperature quickly from 600 to 750°C in just few seconds. It was at 750°C for maybe 10 seconds and then, suddenly pressure went down in one minute to 2 bars! It looked like sealing issue as it was so fast.
    And then, from nothing after 10 seconds, it started to increase to the opposite to 11 bars in maybe 5 minutes.

Very unusual phenomenon which I want to replicate. I think that exactly this is needed for triggering LENR (just maybe faster).
    The key is to master this process in both directions.

• By the way, Rossi commented few minutes ago, that pure Ni-H fuel never produced excess heat in his case. This mean that Lithium will help a lot, especially pure lithium.

It makes me wonder how Parkamov and those Chinese folks replicated so robustly without pure lithium in their feul mixture.

• By the way, Rossi commented few minutes ago, that pure Ni-H fuel never produced excess heat in his case. This mean that Lithium will help a lot, especially pure lithium.

It makes me wonder how Parkamov and those Chinese folks replicated so robustly if there was no pure lithium in their fuel mixture. ?(

That might be because there was LiAlH4 in there... Perhaps? ;)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.