The hidden story of Lithium-6 depletion

• Official Post

Interesting Posts from vortx - Jones
    It is a scary idea

• This seems to me very strange. I am a former student of Pr. Marius
    Chemla, who discovered the Chemla effect, the best way to make
    lithium isotopic enrichment. (He is the little man with brown hairs
    beside me and Bill Collis at ICCF 11. He was over 80 at this time.
    A great scientist. )

So the lithium enrichment don't need huge amounts of lithium. About
    hundred tons for the warhead program, hundred tons for the civil
    reactors neutron balance, and the same amount for the submarines, no
    more.

(For the warheads, the exact value of the best isotopic and chemical ratio
    Li7/Li6/Be/B is classified.)

I don't think that this isotopic enrichment program was sufficient
    to produce a big isotopic shift on commercial lithium, since the
    « boom » of lithium batteries market. For our
    experiments, it is not relevant.

• Note: I don't find anything at the linkout to Vortex given by David (Forum founder).

Anyway, I first read of the use of depleted lithium in the early to mid 80s. As I now recall, that was in regards to the "Molicel" or Moli Cell from Moli Corp (out of Israel at that time, I think). Those lithium batteries were some of the first marketed as high performance lithium rechargeables. They consisted of lithum metal and molybdenum disulfide electrodes (I see this from our famous but "unreliable for controversial issues" online encyclopedia). Moli cells may have been the first lithium batteries in widespread use that had major problems with reliability. I don't recall where I read it, but I know that Molicels were back then said to have Li6 depleted lithium for cost reasons.

Many here no doubt recall that unreliability of lithium batteries of one sort or another has been speculated to be due to inadvertent uncontrolled LENR. If that were truly the case, we all should pay great attention to the chemistry, the nature of the failures, the speculated variables that led to these "issues", and finally the engineering and chemical work and the patents that might shed light on these possible LENR implications.

• I agree with « Longwiew » : our LENR work will give a new light on many unexplained events of our the industry. As an exemple, one of the most important process in the world (it allowed us to eat something during our breakfast and lunch this morning) is the Haber process. Fritz Haber invented the catalytic hydrogenation of nitrogen. It is a multi-million-ton industry.
    At the begining Haber and his competitors over the world used nickel as catalysor, but in random events, the thick reactors (made with dreadnought guns) exploded. There was many casualties and costly destruction of factories.

The nickel was quickly replaced by iron, less potent, but more reliable.

Some ideas about this fact ?

Best regards,

Fabrice DAVID

• Official Post

It is a very interesting question. Actually I also do not think that deuterium fusion is the mechanism behind the "ecat" reactor device.

However I do not agree that Li-6 is the active isotope. It is the end product.

And this is the imho more striking fact.
    There is also a lack of Li-7 throughout the intergalactic medium.

Keep in mind that the Lugano report showed a depletion of Li-7 and a build up of Li-6.

The reactions seen in the ecat type reactors are probably taking place in stars the centers of planets and planetoids and have been since billion of years.

Much more striking than the story of hidden depletion in cold war..

• Official Post

about Lithium I am intrigued.
    There is clear report of LENR without lithium, (read reviews like Ed Storm books).

However many LENr experiments involved Lithium... E-cat, CNP prototype, F&P cell, Igekami...

My impression is that it is hydrogen fusion mostly, but lithium is both outcome and helper (storage, chemistry, catalysis?)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.