Norman D. Cook & Andrea Rossi: On the Nuclear Mechanisms Underlying the Heat Production by the “E-Cat”

• Official Post

On Arxiv a paper with Norman D Cook (Kansai University, Osaka) and Andrea Rossi (Leonardo Corp) was poster yesterday.
    It discuss of the result of Lugano E-cat test, and of model of atomic nucleus.

"In the present study, we focus on recent findings of nuclear transmutations concerning Lithium isotopes [3] in light of the lattice version [5] of the independent-particle model (IPM) of the nucleus. Specifically, after brief review of the well-established IPM, we consider details of the substructure of the 7Li4 and 8Be4 isotopes that allow for the generation of alpha particles at kinetic energies well beyond what could be produced solely through chemical reactions."

As Brian Josephson remind, this is not at al peer-reviewed, but I imagine there will be comments.

[news=87,meta][/news]

• Thank you Alain for digging it out!

Rossi doesn't talk here about his low temperature eCat. Nevertheless, the theory seems very interesting (But I'm not an IPM expert at all).

What is odd in the theory is the "low" excited state of Li7 at 0.478 MeV. Is the NAE the key to create this "low" excited state of Li7 ?

• Since there is no quality control on the arxiv, only censorship, the question of whether it has actually been published or not is important. On the other hand, it becoming public on the arxiv means it is available for anyone to read, and also the abstract will have been emailed to all subscribers to the nuclear theory list.

• Arxiv is the harbinger of the end of the Academic Ivory tower as far as I'm concerned, freedom of thought and public peer review by qualified individuals some of whom are not tied in to academia so offer new perspectives. Something Universities seem to have policed out. Embracing open publishing is going to save public trust in scientific institutions in the long term.

Dr Cook is not a fringe scientist and has been publishing in Nuclear theory for decades. Not read deep enough if he has any heretical theories but he's been cited over 1000 times in his career so he looks legit, historically at least.

He's an older gentleman so has no nothing to lose career wise... only guys willing to stick their neck out are at the end of their careers, independantly wealthy or independent from academic community which is a shame but just highlights the Dogmatic nature of modern scientific inquiry.

I wonder who contacted whom, I can't imagine Rossi sought him out?

• I have 15 accounts on major french papers on web, i use an rss reader to filter articles with key words, i paste comments less than 1500 characters with resumed articles. Today in france they speak about schale gas and a report which has been digged by hollande government. This could be an opening to post such comments.
    If i had regularly comments below 1500characters about lenr, i post them under environment energy oil nuclear and so on..., all articles related with these kinds of subject.
    To try to popularise this research domain.
    -----
    Bonjour AlainCo. J'ai croisé vos commentaires parfois, sur l'express si je me souviens. Vous voyez l'idée, sans troller ou spammer, mais juste implanter l'idée aux lecteurs qu'il existe peut être une alternative à tous ces problèmes énergétiques et environnementaux, ils nous mènent en bateau et font diversion au lieu de s'intéresser à une énergie "renouvelable" de plus en plus tangible.
    Comme je ne suis pas très compétent, c'est gênant d'essayer de composer moi-même des résumés de l'actualité probante des lenrs.
    Ce qui serait sympa. c'est le jour où une nouvelle avancée intéressante arrive à notre connaissance, et est reporté sur le forum, çà serait d'ajouter un résumé de l'article à partager facilement sur les réseaux sociaux et commentaires de journaux en ligne, sous l'article, et bien sûr une traduction française pour mon cas.
    Pour essayer de populariser un peu ce domaine de recherche. Le rendre publique.

çà ne prend pas beaucoup de temps pour poster, moins que de le composer.

• Hi Patronym

What is the general French position on Shale gas at this time?

My understanding is the Hollande government is against it for "safety" reasons. But what about the public?

In the UK the government is for it, the public is for it, but the Environmentalist Lobby holds a lot of power.

• Official Post

Bob Greenyer is very critical with the paper:

Well - first off, unless I am confused at their intention, it is
    embarrassing that they keep referring to Nitrogen (N) as Nickel (Ni)
    especially when Nickel is a major part of the reaction.

Pretty sure that 15Ni8 should be 15N8.

If this is the case, I sincerely hope they don't present this to a patent examiner!

• Personally, I find it paradoxical and sad that Arxiv, after refusing the publication of the Lugano report, has accepted a paper which is totally based on the results obtained in that report. Compliments to Arxiv for their 20/20 hindsight vision!

• It was a good choice, Cook's theory is admirable.
    But it only explains do not wait prediction or problem solving power from it.
    It shows Hot Cat is special, not like Warm Cats. The Li story is out of context.
    Peter

From the above quotes, reads more like it's more at the very early speculation stage of things and requires a lot more data. It's more like half formed ideas than a developed theory of operation, and also suggests that Rossi is working at a different level to parkhomov in terms of what his device is achieving if we take the quoted information at face value.

• Hi all

We need to test the theory against past experiments both successes and failures, such as the MFMP glow stick experiment.

We then need to use the theory to refine existing failed or partially successful experiments with the knowledge the theory imparts in order to test the theory further and find out and refine its limitations and exceptions; this after all is the scientific method.

The MFMP tests that produced low gamma are a predicted factor of the theory, they could be refined to examine this aspect.

Kind Regards walker

• The oil lobbys which have a great influence on the French politicians push with the acceptance of schist gas.
    But locally, where the schist gas must be exploited, people are rather savagely against.
    In fact the misinformation is quasi total, then French do not know with what the exploitation of schist gases exposes them, they are interested in it only when that must be done close to on their premises, the idiots.
    As a result the ecologists benefit from it to exist and be opposed to the government with a vote-catching aim.
    In front of the opposition of the local citizens, the government advances gently and prudently because the French politicians all are very unpopular.
    systran traduction

• Official Post

:thumbup:

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.