Collective QED...

• Official Post

Today I've attended LENRG Conference...
    Manythings were discussed (business proposal, scientific programs, collaborations, business model) and I'll have to work to make few articles...

However to explain the concept of collective Quantum Electro-Dynamic, Luca Gamberale displayed this funny video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The idea is that from a total uncorrelated confguration, in good conditions, a group of oscllators can behave like a single oscillating object...
    In QM this is expressed as saying they are defined by a single wavefunction.

Here where all metronome are synchronous the energy of the system is minimal
    when a single metronome is anti-phase, this is just the first excited energy level (degenerated)...
    It looks like in a crystal...

now it is not so simple.
    the reason why it happen is because the metronomes exchange energy through the moving base.
    this interaction have to be strong enough, and strnger than what can trouble the order like heat.
    This will not happen is a crowd of rats dance metal rock on the base.

it is clear now, because of the lack of energetic radiations, that LENR can only be explained by collective effects like this one, where the energy can be accumulated and dissipated in a big coheret object, made of many bodies that behave like one quantum body.

see the explanation
    http://io9.com/5947112/watch-3…ny-in-a-matter-of-minutes

• This is an illustration of the Preparata theory. Luca was a student of Giuliano Preparat a very influential great physicist, Fleischmann's friend..
    It happens I wrote about him yesterady in "history rhymes"
    The theory is marvelous but has not solved the problems of Cold Fusion
    despite a lot of work mainly in Italy. See my editorial.

Peter

• Today I've attended LENRG Conference...
    Manythings were discussed (business proposal, scientific programs, collaborations, business model) and I'll have to work to make few articles...

However to explain the concept of collective Quantum…

Alain,
    Being an electrical engineer, it seems to me that while the metronomes are asynchronous, their collective energy is minimal. When they are synchronized due to ancommon base (the bottom on which they are attached is not fully damped and can move), then their energy becomes massive with an high Q-factor which combines the energy of alle thee indivudual metronomes. It is like a resonating flute, where all the individual air molecules combine together to produce a tone, or speaking in the electrical metafore a 'L-C resonator'. An undaped resonator can reach enormous powers and I assume that Luca Gamberale thinks that that may be the 'force' behind LENR. It is like Axil's vortex which does th same.

• Official Post

Hum,
    I still fthink the synchronous is the minimum energy state, because it is self emerging here.
    the system is getting down the potential pit, spontaneously.

anyway since the metronome are producing energy it may distort the metaphore.

• Alain,

I wonder if it is an energy pit, or a peak. We know that the metronomes are driven by internal clockwork-like springs, so essentially they have potential energy that is running down at least. But the collective motion is acquired through work of a sort. The entropy (disorder) of the visible system appears to be clearly declining, and one form of order is increasing as the the metronomes' inverted pendula become synchronous, while of course the overall disorder is increasing by unwinding the invisible springs.

Why might that matter, as far as LENR analogies go? Well, perhaps the coherent behavior of a large lattice in collectively dissipating or distributing the likely MeV energies of hypothetical or real p + p, d + d, etc. Such reactions may drive coherent behavior within or on the lattice. The energy currency of the whole set of 32 (or 5 metronomes in another, and perhaps more technical YouTube video at

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ) are gaining coherency over time while also making the collective magnitude of the periodic accelerations much greater (that is 32X or 5X in this case)-- and thus making the total unitary energy currency both much larger while distributing it non-destructively among the coherent pendula. Further the "recruitment" of the most out of phase pendula by the others is a manifestation of "pushing" a non-sponaneous reaction of sorts. Put another way, the "work" being done is also driving or constructing a normally non-spontaneous synchrony.

It seems we always have two somewhat contrary issues in this area: a) How do we push over the coulomb activation energy barrier? b) How do we dissipate the tremendous energy in each fusion reaction? Coherence and resonance may well offer possible simultaneous explanations of both. Is that modeled at all by the group of metronomes?

Thanks for the interesting ideas,
    Longview

• Official Post

Metaphors have their limits, and yes, metronomes are not quantum oscillators but imperfect source of energy...
    One reason I have to thing that the metronomes are in their lower state when synchronous, is simply that mechanical systems, especially disordered tend to lower their energy...
    not sure however.

you are right, as propose also hagestein, coupling nucleus with lower energy energy mediators (phonons...) solve both the problem of concentrating energy to overcome weak interaction barrier, or to ovecome coulomb barrier, and the one to dissipate MeV of energy without any gamma or even energetic particles.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.