He said she said

• Just got kicked off of Frank's kool-aid site. Does this place censor like he does?

So anyway, this appearance by Tom Darden hit home. Something does not jive. Rossi claims that they have this container with a working LENR device. They are just working out the kinks and debugging. The way Darden described the state of affairs at this dog and pony show in Italy one would think that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] is no closer to getting cold fusion to work than MFMP. Those guys are chasing around the world trying to replicate anybody who says I did it. They do unto others as others do to them. In other words they fudge and snow and withhold critical key data. Their last experiment showed a total of 1000W being input into a heater. This is supposed to be cold fusion? When I wrote on Frank's kool-aid forum that I could go to Target, buy a $40 heater, hook it up to instruments, crank it up to 1000W and get the same results ----> chop ----> comments get deleted. Good job minister of propaganda Frank!

• > If you are respectful and not insulting, you can write your opinion ;)

Frank filters out any post that dares to question anything. Respectful/insulting or not. Frank does not like to question. He loves to give anybody who comes along and claims anything about LENR the benefit of the doubt. He does LENR a disservice. He hurts LENR more than helps. After F&P everyone expects a higher standard by cold fusion advocates. Frank lowers that bar. Allows people to make wild claims without any judgement. Allows shoddy work to be excused. No questioning LENR claims or test results on Frank's forum. That's the rules.

Take the MFMP live test the other day on youtube. Shows 1000W going in. Shows the thing heated up. So what??? This had nothing to do with LENR. When confronted some people said well they're not really doing anyting they're just testing their instruments to get familiar with them. Sucky excuse for having nothing happen.

MFMP should make it perfectly clear. They should identify what it is exactly they are looking for. You're looking at their demos and quickly figure out that the data being presented is complete hogwash. Input volts, so what??? Someone says you can calculate input watts by whipping out your calculator and figuring it out based on resistance. All they did was heat something up and measure the temperature of the heater vs subject being heated. We also were told the input voltage. Next day they fessed up and showed 1000W input.

So you had this big fantastic show with nothing really to show. Well hey they let people know that the Parkhamov material is on its way. Uh, and that's going to change something? There's something high quality in his material that doesn't happen now? What exactly is that something? How will we know LENR is happening? When you input 1000W the thing will heat up. No duh!!! Take it away and the thing returns to room temperature. No duh!!!

I see nothing from MFMP that could even remotely be construed to be cold fusion working. I doubt they even know what to look for. They wouldn't know what cold fusion looks like if it bit them on the behind. Before they do any more public experiments they should clearly quantify and announce what it is the audience should be looking for to indicate cold fusion is or has occured.

Anyway, nice to see a place where Frank's delete button doesn't get used to snuff out the messenger if Frank does not like the tone or topic.

• Official Post

latest answer by Ed Storms on another thread is in that direction.
    The older generation have done a very precise and professional work which took one year minimum for an experiment (from a newcomer to a good paper).
    I understand their frustration to see the newcomers behave like scientific community in early 1989, with more enthusiasm than experience.

Duty of the experienced is to teach the rookie.

• I don't see it taking one year to figure out and show something if you have something. I only ask that the presenter is clear and concise and actually proves something that a 5 year old can't see past. Take that guy Frank was going ape about. Made all sorts of wild claims. Generic first and last name. Turns out after a shallow internet search he does not exist. Take Parkhomov. Do any of you really understand what it is that he showed or proved exactly? Other than to replicate Lugano which is a big mystery in and of itself. Take Lugano. One of the key guys on the staff died and there is a plaque in his memory on Rossi's 1MW plant. Dead men tell no tales, wonderful! Speaking of Rossi's 1MW plant. Isn't it wonderful how Tom Darden backed him up at this conference! He talked about LENR in a tone from Wizard of Oz: "some day over the rainbow". If they really had a LENR plant up and running going through final testing as Rossi describes it one would not believe it listening to Darden's speech. So in a nutshell the only thing LENR has to show for anything, bottom line, is this Lugano report. I already told Frank a) I don't trust the Swedes. On my list of credible sources they are down there with the fat little white German in Innsbruck, Austria who churns out the Nigerian spam scam using computers at the public shopping mall internet cafe. b) The Swedes cannot be impartial with Russia next door c) I don't trust the Italians. They are good at art, wine, style, etc. Not logic and science. d) Since when did anything small and innovative and new come out of Europe? What's wrong with this picture?

• "I don't trust the Italians. They are good at art, wine, style, etc. Not logic and science."

Hey FrankCensor, ever hear of someone named Fermi?

"What's wrong with this picture?"

It's crap!

• .... I already told Frank a) I don't trust the Swedes. On my list of credible sources they are down there with the fat little white German in Innsbruck, Austria who churns out the Nigerian spam scam using computers at the public shopping mall internet cafe. b) The Swedes cannot be impartial with Russia next door c) I don't trust the Italians. They are good at art, wine, style, etc. Not logic and science. d) Since when did anything small and innovative and new come out of Europe? What's wrong with this picture?

:) Are you for real? What is wrong with the picture is likely that you are wildly generalizing and making ridiculous comparisons. What nation do you yourself stem, to be so high and mighty, may I ask?

• "If you are respectful and not insulting, you can write your opinion."

Barty,
    FrankCensor's personal prejudice are not respectful and also insulting. He should censor himself. :thumbup:

• "Suffice it to say the only proof of the existence of LENR is the Lugano report." <<<Quote from FrankCensor. A censor should have a little wider access to information on the subject being censored.

Let's stop bickering and get back on track. There's too many replications of p + p fusion related to nickel or nickel oxide on nanoscale substrates to not give the reaction serious consideration.

• "The older generation have done a very precise and professional work which took one year minimum for an experiment (from a newcomer to a good paper). I understand their frustration to see the newcomers behave like scientific community in early 1989, with more enthusiasm than experience.
    Duty of the experienced is to teach the rookie."[/quote]

In the seventies I spent much more than a year working on an experiment with the nickelous oxide/hydrogen reaction that generated excessive heat. This never resulted in a paper because the results were thought to be impossible. I'm far from a newcomer now and still this reaction is not being investigated because of the e-cat diversion. The newcomers behave like scientific community in early 1989 because the community is like the early 1989's. Where do you find a rookie that has studied quantum mechanics to teach the impossible?

• "Duty of the experienced is to teach the rookie."

Yes, I'm a rookie now as I was in the seventies. Who are these "experienced" and how do they communicate? With all the fissionable isotopes available for our electrical generation why are these "experienced" wasting their time?
    I'm wondering what motivated me to fill a reactor with magic sauce and proceed to witness nanoscale fusion firsthand.
    So these "experienced" are masochists.

• Finally got it. The "experienced" will only show you where to look. Seeing is up to you. I'm looking at a reaction that's going on an infinite number of times in our universe. This is "fortunate" because we need light to see. This velocity squared relates to the condensed state of matter. Now I see that hydrogen gas when interacting with a substrate that has the correct periodicity will release heat.
    Now I'm looking at "gravity" and seeing that it's a misinterpretation of what appears to fall. We need this inertial effect in order to remain on the surface of this planet. Matter has to expand at an accelerated rate for all the planetary activity in space. Nor clear on why 32 feet per second per second was selected.

• "Gravity" has been misinterpreted thanks to priests like Newton. "Devine Design" required their critters to stick to surfaces so consequently matter must expand to create the inertial effect or the critters will drift off into space. Thanks "experienced" for showing where to look.

• Thanks "experienced" for directing where to look. Yes I see where "gravity" plays a part in causing the proton to proton proximity to occur for natural fusion and how when this proximity is synthesized in the nickel oxide/hydrogen array then fusion will also occur. Now "experienced" if you'll direct the critters to look for means to utilize this for their own good. Why are you shaking your head? OK you don't expect the impossible.

• On the subject of nanoscale fusion what's your opinion on the readers to doers ratio recently within the last year:
    1). 100% readers, no doers
    2). 99.99999% readers, 0.00001% doers
    3). 99.9999% readers, 0.0001% doers
    4). 0%readers, all doers

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.