He said she said

• Suffice it to say the only proof of the existence of LENR is the Lugano report.

I don't believe it. Thomas Clarke's excellent and thoughtful analysis suggests that the thermal camera estimate of temperature is wrong. The correct value is most likely much lower and enough less to lower power gain (Q, COP) to unity or less. Of course, we can't be sure but that is because Rossi didn't allow proper calibration over the entire temperature range. His reason for not doing so had no relationship to reality or facts. He said the heater would be damaged yet he allows that same heater to be subjected to the same or higher temperatures than calibration when the reactor is supposedly running. So, if that's the only proof of LENR, it's extremely weak or nonexistent.

• ...if that's the only proof of LENR, it's extremely weak or nonexistent.

I gave the Lugano folks the benefit of the doubt. I mean you can dwell on the calibration issue but consider this: not knowing up-front that they were going to foul up the calibration would Rossi let them 10 feet near the machine if it was a fraud?

My problem with the Lugano report is that it was too good. If I was a fraudster I would have the most reliable test in the world performed on something to prove to everyone that there is no funny business going on. That would be the Scandinavians because according to Transparency International they are the least susceptible to corruption. Everybody considers Sweden and Nobel to be the gold standard of science. Precisely why I would not trust them.

Another problem I have with the Lugano report is the dead guy. At any point for any reason in the future they can blame any discrepancies on him.

The main problem I have with the Lugano report however is that Sweden has all kinds of dogs in the fight. They are a sneaky bunch but they operate under the table discretely.

That said, why do you think there is such a wide difference between what Rossi says and what Darden claims? I can understand a little divergence but these guys cannot get their stories straight at all. What's up with that?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.