The McEk LENR Controller (Gerard McEk)

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/05/01/the-mcek-lenr-controller-gerard-mcek/']The following article was submitted by Gerard McEk Since Andrea Rossi presented his E-Cat in 2011, there were rumors of him using a kind of additional control other than just the triac-based heater coil controller. Many people saw the E-Cat nearby, but there has never been a serious indication that such an additional device was […][/feedquote]

• Official Post

Nice device!

Maybe Gerard should wait before investing any time or money before Alex has tested the rossi reactor with chemical heating.

The spectrum analyzer in the lugano report showed no chopped rectangular dc like parkhomov was using so probably the reactions can run without external em pulses. Although maybe not as optimized.

• Nice device!

Maybe Gerard should wait before investing any time or money before Alex has tested the rossi reactor with chemical heating.

The spectrum analyzer in the lugano report showed no chopped rectangular dc like parkhomov was using so probably the reactions can run without external em pulses. Although maybe not as optimized.

Marjorana, I an not sure that the currents measured in Lugano were sinusoidal, in fact I believe they were not. I will continue with my approach to get a prototype. It can at least help to understand what is important for LENR.

• ... The spectrum analyzer in the lugano report showed no chopped rectangular dc like parkhomov was using ...

Alexander is using AC.

When AGP speaks of thyristor control this means triac and diac components. Like an AC dimmer.

Some believe the noise of the controller is important. The noise may have key frequencies which allow/disallow the excess heat.

• The "leading edge" chopped spectrum pictured showing idealized sharp risetimes within the ideal sinusoid would be consistent with some substantial high frequency noise (perhaps as much as 5 to 10% on a power basis). Noise that may or may not be completely choked out or smoothed before, or at, the working interface. If the noise is not at all necessary to the Rossi / Parkhomov effect, then depending on measurement parameters, it can actually reduce perceived or measured COP due to its loss on transmission. In such a situation, I would try to make a best effort to read power after smoothing the chopped feed.

If the 50 / 60 Hz sinusoid itself turns out to be not necessary, then it is always easiest to unambiguously measure and or calculate flat DC power.

At the simplest level, I suggest parallel AC and DC experiments, or at least a series of AC and DC runs with the same apparatus.

Earlier I mentioned that one can "counter wind" the heating coils to suppress most of the magnetic field even though using AC. This will also suppress the static DC magnetic field. Such a counter wound coil consists of a pair of conductors with the current flowing in the opposite direction in each pair. Easy to do and may provide interesting or informative comparative results.

If the chopping proves really necessary, then by all means get down to looking at this more systematically. Use homemade oscillators, signal generators, or even sophisticated programmable signal generators (sometimes called ARBs), followed by power amplifiers. If really sharp risetimes are necessary, and the output of triacs or thyristors works nicely, then by all means regard the high frequency components with great respect.... transmit them to the reactor using high power coaxial cable (think radio / TV transmitter to antenna, consult your local Amateur "Ham" Radio operators) for short distances up to a gigahertz very simple twin lead, or at higher power a home built-task specific twin lead might do, and you can build your own transmission lines, waveguides, sometimes with simply air, or other gases, water, mineral oil or plastic as the dielectric. Terminating a complex signal into a cavity such as an LENR reactor needs some knowledge, a good oscilloscope (dual trace, a gigahertz or so) and a few simple fabrication tools-- often it is akin to ordinary plumbing with copper tubing, or sheet metal work in aluminum or copper.

You can superimpose up to gigahertz or so (microwave) onto DC, AC, unipolar AC, high frequency AC [eg. RF] etc. So one could fairly easily preheat with DC and oscillate with RF and so on. Keep in mind that polarization of waveforms in space may also be important, and that might well be relative to the orientation of fixed or varying magnetic or electrostatic fields, or perhaps to the working surfaces of metal catalysts in the reactor [and so on].

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.