Electron-assisted fusion

• There is a lot of talk about electron screening to increase Lenr.

All tries to explain LENR by just using electron screening have failed so far - even if some of the most brilliant ones, like Schwinger, tried it...

The problem is that the model & reasoning SM (standard model) provides is in all respects 180o wrong as we cannot figure out a worse model for dense matter.

LENR is a magnetic resonance, what makes it classically a weak force effect. LENR needs no input energy at all, as we had fuels that did react at room temperature just after mixing them. Unlike others we could prove this by measuring the expected gamma signature of side paths.

Almost all SM claims up to know have been derived from high or ultra high energy input experiments, a scenario that completely excludes any magneto static resonance effects.

Thus the word talk  Cydonia uses describes the exact state of current "miss-" educated physicists thinking level. I would even say its gossip level.

• Dear great friend Wyttenbach thanks for this interesting reply !

All tries to explain LENR by just using electron screening have failed so far - even if some of the most brilliant ones, like Schwinger, tried it...

I don't have your theoretical basis to allow me to certify theoretical things such as SO4 vs SM, simply I base myself on observation, experimentation to see how it can stick with various ways proposed.

My expertise is rather metallurgical, so it seems that lattice distortions are the place where "sometimes" the phenomenon takes . We have to involve the concept of "stacking fault energy", what does that mean? A lattice locally deformed to be stable above its basal level, has an energy which holds atoms in place where they should not be. This potential energy is this one which holds the bonding electrons on lower or higher orbits.

For this energy to be zero in average, it remains therefore necessary that certain electrons are in a lower orbit and others in a higher orbit. This is where things happen if you load H/D in it at the same place. Whether for P&F, Mizuno R20 or Japanese powders. This speech should have been that of Dr Storms but this one confines himself in afflicting banalities. Maybe there are not as many talents in the USA as we guess ? The tree hides the forest, especially money for sure.

The problem is that the model & reasoning SM (standard model) provides is in all respects 180o wrong as we cannot figure out a worse model for dense matter.

I could also discuss SO4 but there will only be 2 left to exchange here :)

LENR is a magnetic resonance, maybe but you have to prove it.

what makes it classically a weak force effect.

LENR doesn't need any input energy, only a fluctuation of a non-zero energy potential.

LENR needs no input energy at all, as we had fuels that did react at room temperature just after mixing them. Unlike others we could prove this by measuring the expected gamma signature of side paths.

I agree, the only true truths are those coming from the laboratory now you say "did react" what does that mean? what is the mechanism, by what way does it happen, are the electrons involved, nuclei, isotopes, spins, spin currents, the heating heat, etc ?

Almost all SM claims up to know have been derived from high or ultra high energy input experiments, a scenario that completely excludes any magneto static resonance effects. I agree, but I'll let you to judge.

Thus the word talk  Cydonia uses describes the exact state of current "miss-" educated physicists thinking level. I would even say its gossip level.

I understand your passion same of mine, we fight only with weapons, things we have 😊

David FOJT

• Would Brillouin Energy Corp be willing to boost their COP by adding in a neutron source? Such research would at least support the notion that LENR on its own is probably insufficient to reliably produce power (otherwise we 'd have LENR reactors online by now!) but such nuclear fusion reactions need to be boosted by an additional source of nuclear energy - something if we are going to be honest we've probably suspected all along. Judging by this new NASA patent which uses the combined benefits of fission and fusion.:)

I've suspected that that a micro fission/fusion set up is the closest to nuclear fusion in a tabletop medium allowed by current physics models. Though that would be while ignoring a possibility of novel exothermic chemical phenomina with possibly more fundamental models as the cornerstone. Even in the standard model.

• My expertise is rather metallurgical, so it seems that lattice distortions are the place where "sometimes" the phenomenon takes . We have to involve the concept of "stacking fault energy", what does that mean? A lattice locally deformed to be stable above its basal level, has an energy which holds atoms in place where they should not be. This potential energy is this one which holds the bonding electrons on lower or higher orbits.

Nickel Is a very special nucleus with classically 2 outer shells containing 8,2 electrons. In chemistry etc. all 10 electrons can react collectively as they classically form so called hybrid states. The total electrical energy of all orbits together is in the range of the first proton 1keV magnetic resonance, what explains that Nickel can mediate between electric and magnetic bindings. Any lattice that can enable such a collective reaction can support the formation of H*/D* what is needed as a first step in LENR.

Of course electrons do assist LENR as they are the carriers of the excess energy but this is quite the opposite of electron screening.

• Maybe so ..... but doesn't this new NASA research presumably underlying their patent suggest that LENR reactor systems will never be effective without additional nuclear energy input? I would be more positive if the Mizuno reactor replications had been more successful but these tests have involved a lot of time, money and effort for very little evidence that they will lead to developing a working reactor. If providing a neutron /gamma source can actually boost the efficiency of LENR devices then surely this is a new avenue to explore? But obviously don't try this at home!:)

• Maybe so ..... but doesn't this new NASA research presumably underlying their patent suggest that LENR reactor systems will never be effective without additional nuclear energy input? I would be more positive if the Mizuno reactor replications had been more successful but these tests have involved a lot of time, money and effort for very little evidence that they will lead to developing a working reactor. If providing a neutron /gamma source can actually boost the efficiency of LENR devices then surely this is a new avenue to explore? But obviously don't try this at home!:)

What is the set up? Maybe certian approaches to releasing energy from a hydrogen/metal/catalyst system are more productive than others. For example plasma based systems (mimicking combustion, conventional fusion, and ball lightning plasmas) may have better COP performance on average than electrolysis like ones. Anyone did an all inclusive study of approaches and numbers? Imagine the patterns that would be found, irrigardless of theory or mainstream academic acceptance. Just compare conditions/results quantitatively and qualitatively. And push out the results to inform, attracting further refined research. Probably 🤔🤷🏽‍♂️.

• Another new USPTO patent application employing enhanced electron screening --

United States Patent Application 20200051700 February 13, 2020

SUBMICRON FUSION DEVICES, METHODS AND SYSTEMS

Abstract

Methods, apparatus, devices, and systems for creating, controlling, conducting, and optimizing fusion activities of nuclei. In particular, the present inventions relate to, 5 among other things, fusion activities that are conducted individually or collectively on a very small scale, preferably on the nano-scale or smaller such as pico to femto scales, for the utilization of energy produced from these activities in smaller devices and for aggregation into larger devices.

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi…0051700&RS=DN/20200051700

• LeBob ....well nobody has as far as I know ever tried loading plutonium with deuterium then passing an electric current through it and measuring excess heat! Maybe this would make a nice mushroom cloud. John Dash did some work with uranium foil and showed accelerated release of alpha and gammas

in glow discharge experiments and transmutations. If we want to increase electron screening maybe a high energy beta particle emitter would be more appropriate?

• New Google USPTO patent --

United States Patent 10,566,094 February 18, 2020

Enhanced electron screening through plasmon oscillations

Abstract

Enhanced Coulomb repulsion screening around light element nuclei is achieved by way of utilizing electromagnetic (EM) radiation to induce plasmon oscillations in target structures (e.g., nanoparticles) in a way that produces high density electron clouds in localized regions of the target structures, thereby generating charge density variations around light element atoms located in the localized regions. Each target structure includes an electrically conductive body including light elements (e.g., a metal hydride/deuteride/tritide) that is configured to undergo plasmon oscillations in response to the applied EM radiation. The induced oscillations causes free electrons to converge in the localized region, thereby producing transient high electron charge density levels that enhance Coulomb repulsion screening around light element (e.g., deuterium) atoms located in the localized regions. Various systems capable of implementing enhanced Coulomb repulsion screening are described, and various nanostructure compositions and configurations are disclosed that serve to further enhance fusion reaction rates.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi…,566,094&RS=PN/10,566,094

• In a metal or a semiconductor, electrons move and disperse more or less freely, this movement can be determined by applying an electrical voltage to the material . Within ballistic conductors (materials with optimized electrical conductivity, in particular by absence of collision between electrons), electrons move almost like cars on highway. The main advantage is that they do not emit heat and can be used in a unique way compared to ordinary electronics. Researchers have previously successfully designed this type of ballistic conductor. Recently, scientists have discovered a new electronic state of matter in which electrons move, without dispersing, in groups of two or more at a time rather than individually, as was case so far in early conductors ballistic.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Possibly related is one of today's preprints -

Influence of Electromagnetic Fields on Nuclear Processes

Excerpt: "Conventional nuclear fusion efforts are generally concentrated at overcoming the Coulomb

barrier through the confinement of energetic ions of tens to hundreds of keV. We propose that the

Coulomb barrier, created by repulsion between positive charges, can however, be reduced by

suitably arranged negative charges. Collective oscillating fields due to the coherent motion of

multiple electrons, either free or residing in multiple negative hydrogen ions, can enhance the

fusion probability by lowering the Coulomb barrier and have a lifetime much longer than a muon.

We have named this process of lowering the Coulomb barrier as “Electron Catalyzed Fusion” (ECF)."

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/2011/2011.05385.pdf

The authors are at Alpha Ring International, Ltd. which has submitted a number of USPTO patent applications, e.g.,

REDUCING THE COULOMBIC BARRIER TO INTERACTING REACTANTS

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi…0105423&RS=DN/20200105423

TABLETOP REACTOR

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi…0066416&RS=DN/20200066416

Another preprint today discussing LENR theory --

Experimental and Theoretical Studies of the N(2D) + H2 and D2 Reactions

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/2011/2011.05789.pdf

• We propose that the

Coulomb barrier, created by repulsion between positive charges, can however, be reduced by

suitably arranged negative charges.

I have proposed likewise but not due to negative charges in a material matrix. I have shown via mass balance and stoichiometry that a cascade of hydrogen or deuterium will fuse to oxygen and the resultant product fissions to nitrogen. The charge shielding occurs in the target and projectile nucleii. A separation of charge occurs in these nuclei which has the consequence that the nuclei acquire a magnetic field so strong that it allows bonding of one atom to another as magnet to magnet. Charge separation in the nuclei leads to these strong magnetic fields as a result of special relativity.

So a sort of circular argument: assume magnecules solve the math, if it works then magnecule assumption must be right. By assuming magnecules, and the logical composition of those molecules, I assigned mass spec. peak which were unknown to make these overall composition known atoms that were present. One removes the unreacted atoms, then removes the atoms which reacted by known chemistry, then what is left is due to nuclear reaction. If reaction, then there is stoichiometry. Solving the stoichiometry shows that certain atoms disappear and other atoms appear in fixed proportions which accounts for both the atoms involved and their baryons. These is a high degree of accuracy and precision to these calculations.

I then provided additional calculation to suggest the fusion/fission pathway and its mechanism. The reference to the above work is in my profile.

• I am very sorry for all of you on this site ... Why? The reason is simple - you, like millions of physicists and I, by the way, was one of them until 2016, firmly believe that there is an "electrostatic charge" on the proton and the electron ... But this is a delusion and this delusion is 150 years old - Maxwell to blame for that ... This madness began with him ...

The other side of the question ... How can you not understand me - I gave you a special analysis of the original treatises by Charles Coulomb, Poisson and Thomson, in which they clearly indicated to US - descendants what they understood as "CHARGE" - "ELECTROSTATIC CHARGE", The "MASS of an electric fluid" and they followed Newton, who proposed the concept of MASS and which he expressed in kilograms ... Therefore, the dimension of "CHARGE" in Charles Coulomb, Poisson, and Thomson was in kilograms - Coulomb wrote that - "product of masses of electricity of two balls" ... And your beloved Maxwell - mathematician and mathematical formalist, perverted Coulomb and led physics to a dead end, because together with the masses, he introduced a "charge with an incomprehensible dimension" ... And in 1899 Schreber subjected THIS to severe criticism, but you do not seem to notice this ... This is wrong!

My articles to help you –

Physicist Charles Coulomb and Cavendish, 15 September 2020 – https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4MUd/Ao4WCYyFq

Physicist Charles Coulomb and Cavendish, 15 September 2020 – https://drive.google.com/file/…65DWsrpu/view?usp=sharing

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.