Electron-assisted fusion

• - the state has no orbital angular momentum,
    - the state is somehow "planar"

It agrees with Gryzinski's model of hydrogen (~1965):
    - zero angular momentum electron starts free falling toward nucleus,
    - Lorentz force (magnetic dipole of electron - electric charge of nucleus) bends trajectory perpendicular to direction of spin,
    - finally electron returns to the original distance, but on a different angle - analytic calculations give exactly 120 deg (independent to coefficients, slide 18 here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12405967/freefall.pdf ) - electron travels between vertices of equilateral triangle (r_max ~ 10^-10m, r_min ~ 10^-13m) in plane perpendicular to spin:

This is example of zero angular momentum object which still can rotate - it is allowed for complex systems, like for falling cat: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_cat_problem

• Dear Jarek,
    the model of Gryzinski describes the possible trajectories of electrons in atomic orbitals.
    The object I am talking about, the Hyd/H(0) is 3 orders of magnitude smaller. It has the size of the electron ZB.
    I think Gryzinski showed an trajectory compatible with the s (spherically symmetric) electron orbitals, which are "very strange" for classical mechanics.
    The ZB instead happens on a plane that travels through spacetime.

• Dear Andrea,

Regarding Gryzinski, the Lorentz force (between magnetic dipole moment of electron and charge of nucleus) is proportional to v/r^3.
    It is usually nearly negligible, unless very large speed and tiny distance (~10^-13m) - what happens while free-fall, preventing electron from falling on nucleus.
    Bohr-like orbits are still possible, however there are tiny perturbations making them unstable - this effect is much weaker for far e.g. Rydberg orbits.
    So basically trajectories he was considering are mix of Bohr-like part, and nearly free-fall with scattering at some angle - here are some trajectories for molecular hydrogen he was considering:

Regarding smaller trajectories, classical atomic models require a quantization condition to get the discrete energy spectrum:
    - electron choose close trajectories,
    - Bohr-Sommerfeld condition, e.g. \int p dl = nh, or in other words: the internal clock (zitterbewegung, de Broglie's clock) needs to perform integer number of ticks during the trajectory.
    Great intuition for requirement of these conditions bring quantization in Couder's experiment: http://www.pnas.org/content/107/41/17515.full

So the orbit quantization conditions are required so that the internal clock of electron finds resonance with the field - otherwise field dynamics would be some complex fluctuations and so have higher energy.
    For larger time these trajectories should be perturbed, Maximal Entropy Random Walk suggests that they should finally average to quantum probability densities.

The lowest orbit fulfilling the quantization condition is 1s - how would like to get a smaller orbits?

• /* I did wonder if there was some kind of link between your Hyd and H(0) */

What Randall Mills is often saying, the subquantum hydrino states are stabilized by spherical orbitals, which cannot radiate easily - i.e. in similar way, like the alleged Rydberg states of Holmlid (see the note above).

This is commonly known stuff: the spherical antennae/orbitals are poor radiators and their energy transitions are therefore difficult "forbidden". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_mechanism

The conditions of Holmlid experiments are also more close to Randal Mill's ones, rather than other cold fusion experiments (as Holmlid once admitted himself). The infrared lasers which Holmlid is using are often used as a source of far ultraviolet (XUL) radiation - i.e. this one, on which Randal Mills based the original name of his BlackLight company: his hydrino states allegedly manifest itself by far ultraviolet spectra. IMO these two research routes converge each other - for many physicists the idea of Rydberg states would be more palatable, than the hydrino hypothesis based on existence of subquantum states. It would confirm my long term suspicion, that the Randall Mills experiments are actually cold fusion experiments with Rydberg states of matter. My greatest problem with hydrino hypothesis is, if its formation releases so much of energy, then most of hydrogen in the universe should be already converted into a hydrino. Which we don't observe.

The reason, why the electrons don't fall into subquantum states more close to atom nuclei are the omnipresent quantum density fluctuations of vacuum, which keep them in motion. The fundamental quantum states aren't therefore metastable with respect to subquantum ones, but fully equillibrial: if the electrons would accidentally fall more close to atom nuclei, then it would be kicked out of here back again by turbulent vacuum. Therefore the subquantum energy states may exist as a metastable states - but could they produce a surplus of energy? I seriously doubt it: there is no good both physical, both experimental reason for it.

• Zephir,
    spherical orbital is a representation of averaging, of our knowledge - they doesn't mean that the undividble elementary charge of electron is literally smeared over a large volume.
    Here is nice paper about taking photos of orbitals: by stripping single electrons from atom, measuring original position of each of them - then after averaging they get densities of quantum orbitals:
    http://journals.aps.org/prb/ab…0.1103/PhysRevB.80.165404

If there would be a lower energy state, physics should go there ... ground state hydrogen is just the lowest energy state for p+e system (unless proton decay).

• It's an application of low-dimensional collisions again, i.e. sorta analogy of Mossbauer lattice effect - but in gaseous phase. If we shine a pulse infrared laser to a narrow stream of inert monoatomic gas with IR absorbing atoms (He, Ne) a pulses of short wavelength light gets formed. The trick is in 1D character of supersonic stream of gas, where the Astroblaster effect applies. http://images.slideplayer.com/26/8731330/slides/slide_4.jpg

This approach is also used in LENR research http://newinflow.ru/pdf/Klimov_Poster.pdf - just instead of molecules of gas the particles of nickel saturated with hydrogen are collided. The LeClair / Holmlid laser fusion undoubtedly achieves the energy amplification in this way too.

• Hot fusion requires a million times larger temperature than LENR (10^9 vs 10^3 K) - and so a million times larger energy than spontaneously gathered during LENR - how your flying hamster could get such 10^6 amplification???
    The system has v speed while bounce, big ball gets -v assuming elastic collision, in its frame of reference the hamster has 2v speed - changed to -2v, finally getting ~3x speed increase here ...

If you want to explain LENR, there is no chance to get 10^6 times energy amplification - the only way is that there is a help with crossing the barrier - like electron staying long enough between them: attracted by both nuclei.
    Like initially static p - e - p system: Coulomb says it should collapse.

We don't need magic nor flying hamsters here, only understanding trajectories of electrons.

• /* We don't need magic nor flying hamsters here */

Try to explain this experiment, then... https://www.reddit.com/r/Physi…ntional_source_of/cl8nnf8

Regarding your "electron standing long enough between atoms" model, I already considered it too https://www.reddit.com/r/Physi…ntional_source_of/cl86pp6

and I have no reason for its exclusion from further thoughts - on the contrary. It just cannot explain all effects, which we can observe during cold fusion experiments, like these jets
    http://coldfusionnow.org/hagel…rating-copper-experiment/

/* If you want to explain LENR, there is no chance to get 10^6 times energy amplification */

I already explained, that this amplification is possible at another, quite different model system http://aetherwavetheory.blogsp…ter-and-water-memory.html

• Electron standing between protons is a big simplification - electrons should quickly travel there (~ sqrt(1836) ~ 43 times faster than proton).
    We need a trajectory for electron traveling between nuclei - like in this simulation including classical spin-orbit interaction (Lorentz force between electron magnetic dipole moment and charge of nucleus) - there is one proton in 0, imagine there is another proton approaching from the right hand side:

Mathematica notebook: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12405967/freefall.nb

If you ask about lack of produced gammas, my working hypothesis is that the final p-e-p collapse is cylindrically symmetric (they align their spins earlier) - it releases energy as EM wave, but not as a localized photon (gamma), but as a cylindrically symmetric EM wave - which disperse energy locally e.g. like 1/r.
    Like linear antenna or EMP weapon producing cylindrical EM wave.

• /* how your flying hamster could get such 10^6 amplification? */

It's a multiplicative not additive effect - if the collision between each pair of atoms rises the final speed of collision only twice, then the consecutive collision of just twenty atoms in line would lead into a 10^6 amplification comfortably. In this way I realized, that the number of water molecules required for splitting of one molecule with radiowaves in John Kanzius's way is equal just the number of water molecules inside the single water cluster (~ 220 or so). But my strongest argument for this hypothesis is not numerical but empirical.

/* my working hypothesis is that the final p-e-p collapse is cylindrically symmetric */

It may be another piece of the puzzle - so I considered the shielding effect of electrons from the very beginning. But there is still logical problem: if the shielding of electron applies, it should have biggest effect just at the case of collisions of two protons and electron. But the LENR doesn't run well just with hydrogen plasma. It always requires the presence of heavy atom nuclei instead. One logical explanation would be, that the electron shielding applies only to terminal atoms arranged into a line.

But can such a terminal atoms transfer necessary momentum into a lightweight proton? The inertia of lone proton is low so it has to be supported with another heavy atoms acting like the anvil.

So that the final scheme of collapse will not be just p - e - p, but Ni - Ni - Ni - Ni - Ni - e - p - Ni - Ni - Ni - Ni ... i.e. some boundary hydride phase between co-oriented crystal grains of nickel, preferably 1D whiskers. The collisions of lone protons and electron cannot apply, as these particles are all lightweight and their collision would still require high temperature. They need to be supported with some heavier nuclei of higher inertia. This is particularly important for thermalization of products of reaction. The collision of two protons and electron could let say explain the low energy required for collision, but it couldn't explain, why the products of reaction are also cold.

• Regarding your flying hamster getting 10^6 times amplification due to 20 times 2x amplification ... sure, there is nonzero probability - physics has a nice tool to estimate probability of such events - so called Boltzmann distribution:
    Pr(state) \propto exp(-E/kT)
    so here you are talking about exp(-10^6) order of magnitude for probability - I am afraid that all atoms of the universe through all its history are still not enough for a single event.

Regarding your line of atoms to disperse MeV scale of gammas - this is again a completely different order of magnitude - atomic crystals, collisions are at eV scale.

Please don't just draw pictures, but also look at orders of magnitude.
    You will not get spontaneously 10^6 order of magnitude larger energy than thermal - you need a concrete mechanism to get nuclei together ... like just electron traveling between them.
    Energy balance of fusion is MeV order of magnitude and 10^6 times shorter waves than atomic wavelengths - you need a nuclear scale mechanisms to dissipate it - like just that there happen different EM impulses at this scale than localized photons.

• /* so called Boltzmann distribution */

It's like to admit the spontaneous life formation from random arrangement of atoms: of course it's incredibly improbable to expect the perfect alignment of twenty or more atoms inside the Boltzmann gas - but the common crystals (i.e. condensed phase) are all composed of this miracle from beginning to end! You may think that the probability of spontaneous formation of such arrangement is as low, as the difference between vacuum and matter density (or gravitational and electromagnetic forces). We are living in miraculous world with respect to entropy density.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmological_constant_problem

/* Regarding your line of atoms to disperse MeV scale of gammas - this is again a completely different order of magnitude - atomic crystals, collisions are at eV scale. */

How many atoms do you think the gama photon strikes during its fly through one cubic meter volume of randomly arranged fluid? How long path can be required for hitting the same number of atoms inside the well arranged crystal?

/* Energy balance of fusion is MeV order of magnitude and 10^6 times shorter waves than atomic wavelengths */

13 MHz (i.e. 5.10E-8 eV) radiowaves can also split the water molecule (which requires 1.25 eV) - so that the ratio of energies is the same. Therefore some common explanation may also apply there http://www.autoblog.com/2007/1…nzius-combust-salt-water/

Please note that during this reaction the hydrogen peroxide (a strong oxidizing agent) and free hydrogen (i.e. strong reducing agent) get also formed. These two chemicals are unstable in mutual contact, until their temperature doesn't remain quite low. But the energy barrier 1.25 eV corresponds the temperatures highly above ten thousands Kelvins, at which the water would split spontaneously into oxygen and hydrogen. It means, that hydrogen and hydrogen peroxide must be cooled very fast from this effective temperature for not to decompose or even recombine back again into water.

http://physics.nist.gov/cgi-bin/cuu/Convert?exp=1&num=1.25&From=ev&To=k&Action=Convert+value+and+show+factor

• https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0912/0912.5414.pdf

One of the ideas I like cames from F. Winterberg University of Nevada, Reno. He explains how the Rydberg matter forms a Bose condinsate, which is the active agent in the LENR reaction. What produces the fusion events is not compression of the chemial bonds but the QM action of a high temperature Bose condinsate which organizes the spin of the hydrogen atoms to point in a uniform direction, like a magnet. This Rydberg matter generates a superatom since Bose condensation is additive and as more rydberg matter is produced the spin of that matter becomes more powerful. Eventually, that uniform spin which projects onto nuclei will screen the connective bonds between quarks and cause the nucleus to fall apart. This quark soup is the origin the strange matter that Holmlid has seen in the D-mesons. kaons , the muons, and the electrons that his experiments produce.

The key to LENR theory is to understand what subatomic particles are being produced and why those particles are forming.

• axil: Friedwardt Winterberg proposed, that a large number of deuterons form a “linear-atom” supermolecule. By the Madelung transformation of the Schrödinger equation, the linear deuterium supermolecule can be described by a quantized line vortex - but I don't think, that some vorticity can even apply during transient collisions: whole the artifact is quite short-living for to behave like the vortex, quantized the less and it's emergent in its origin, i.e. it results from free particle jam inside the hot plasma initiated by IR pulsed laser.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So that once again: the Holmlid fusion runs because of low-dimensional collisions - just at much higher temperatures, because these collisions aren't strictly linear - as it happens inside the cold crystals. So that high number of hot particles gets also released, because the products of fusion aren't thermalized well. Whole the character of Holmlid fusion is somewhere at the verge of cold fusion (which is strictly uni-dimensional) and classical hot one (which is strictly three-dimensional). Personally I think, it merely combines the disadvantages of both approaches rather than advantages - but the formal mainstream physicists (who don't give a sh*t about usefulness of their research) would love it better than cold fusion, because it's more deterministic and predictable. After all, it's not so different from laser fusion at NIF (which failed so far) - so that the Holmlid fusion could give justification for another investments into expensive, centralized and bulky laser fusion. And what more the mainstream physics may ask?

• I'm quite curious what would happen if normal Rydberg Hydrogen Encounters a cold or ground state H- ion.

I understand the electrons in the Rydberg Hydrogen are in a very excited state with angular momentum l > 0. I also understand from advice give to me elsewhere that this results in QM orbitals that are very similar to an excited Bohr atom electron orbit, i.e circular planar orbit. If I understand correctly under some conditions this can form clusters of Rydberg hydrogen with aligned electron orbitals in a kind of snow flake arrangement called Hydrgen Rydberg Matter. Which may in turn stack with other "snow flakes" due to spin alignments I suppose? It doesn't easily explain however how this stacked excited formation switches to the ultra dense state.

Perhaps this what Zephir and Axil are describing above?

if we look at H- anions however:

An H- anion in ground state would contain its 2 electrons in the QM s1 orbital s orbitals are spherical and have angular momentum l=0, s1 being the smallest and closest allowed orbital if we do not take into account DDL etc.

if we consider the Rydberg hydrogen is planar and containing electrons in a very excited circular orbital. What happens if this encounters a cold H- anion in a perpendicular direction? Would this approach the nucleus of the Rydberg Hydrogen? If so would the electrons in the ground state of the H- anion interect with the nucleus of the RydbegHydrogen and perhaps replace the Rydberg atoms original electrons with a ground state one from the H- anion. What would the final state then be, would it form H2 or would it instead form the ultra dense form of Hydrogen due to the dynamics and QM orbital interactions in the encounter?

• It's like to admit the spontaneous life formation from random arrangement of atoms: of course it's incredibly improbable to expect the perfect alignment of twenty or more atoms inside the Boltzmann gas - but the common crystals (i.e. condensed phase) are all composed of this miracle from beginning to end! You may think that the probability of spontaneous formation of such arrangement is as low, as the difference between vacuum and matter density (or gravitational and electromagnetic forces). We are living in miraculous world with respect to entropy density

Spontaneous life formation is a result of positive feedback - sequence of chemical reactions which cause, amplify further occurrences.

Here we are talking about spontaneously gathering of 10^6 times larger energy than expected by thermodynamics - if you don't have a very concrete amplification mechanism (flying hamster is not enough), we are talking about universal Boltzmann distribution of energy. There can happen high energy particles, but they are more likely to collide, equalizing energy with other particles.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…80%93Boltzmann_statistics
    It also excludes Widom-Larsen theory as it requires spontaneous p + e -> n, what needs investing/gathering 762keVs - is completely improbable in LENR scale of temperatures.

Regarding not observing of MeV-scale gammas - atom chains or crystals don't make a big change, we really well understand interaction of gammas with matter:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_ray#Matter_interaction
    aluminium:

lead:

This is mostly Compton scattering ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compton_scattering ) - getting a small part of its energy usually by electron.
    It practically doesn't matter if atoms are in crystal or amorphous.
    Anyway, the fact that they don't observe expected radiation, requires a concrete mechanism in the moment of fusion: on nuclear scale.
    If standard gamma was produced, it is already too late - we understand their behavior and they should be observed.

And explanation can be really trivial - we are used to photons as localized portions of energy, but the shape of EM wave can generally be very different - if not localized, it can loose energy density much quicker - locally dispersing this energy, caught mostly by electrons - locally increasing temperature.
    And initially static p-e-p, collapsing to deuteron is a very symmetric situation (cylindrical) - there is no emphasized angle around the pep axis - so in which direction should the gamma go?
    Maybe it doesn't need to choose (symmetry breaking) - like linear antenna it could produce cylindrically symmetric EM impulse, solving the problem...

If you want LENR to be treated seriously, start with stopping ridiculous explanations.

It also excludes Widom-Larsen theory as it requires spontaneous p + e -> n, what needs investing/gathering 762keVs - is completely improbable in LENR scale of temperatures

The best experiment explaining cold fusion mechanism is described here (http://www.diva-portal.org/sma…iva2:52651/FULLTEXT01.pdf). It generates heat during shotting of deuterons toward surface of molten lithiun under voltage of few kilovolts.

Data supports the possibility that Li7+H1->Be8->2He4 + 17 MeV fusion is one of the main contributors to the excess energy. In accordance with it the injecting of deuterons into a molten lithium leads into formation of heat and huge amount of alpha particles - at five thousands of volts only. But only at the temperature of lithium few degrees above melting point (180.54 °C), not above. Once the lithium gets hotter just a bit more (200 - 250 °C), then the reaction stops,

So that not only we have nuclear reaction initiated with few kilovolts of energy - but this reaction can be even controlled with minute temperature changes - which is really something! This products of reaction don't differ from normal fusion reaction, so no nuclear transmutation actually happens there. So, which physics is behind such an anomaly? The explanation must be not only able to explain, why the nuclear reaction runs at all, but also, why it is so incredibly sensitive to temperature. The Boltzmann distribution of energy cannot account into such a behavior at all - and any attempt to apply it right here would be ridiculous instead.

Please also note, that my explanation is not "ridiculous" as it's based on common life "hamster" mechanics. I don't use any esoteric physics based on unobserved-yet phenomena like the monopoles, Rydberg matter, heavy neutrons and similar stuff.

Here we are talking about spontaneously gathering of 10^6 times larger energy than expected by thermodynamics - if you don't have a very concrete amplification mechanism (flying hamster is not enough), we are talking about universal Boltzmann distribution of energy. There can happen high energy particles, but they are more likely to collide, equalizing energy with other particles.

I just explained above that the 13 MHz (i.e. 5.10E-8 eV) radiowaves can also split the water molecule (which requires 1.25 eV) - which gives energy ratio even higher: 10^8 times. And the reaction runs quite massively and you can ignite the resulting hydrogen with lighter, when 200 W generator gets used. John Kanzius even told, that the amount of hydrogen evolved implies an overunity, which I'm opened to believe, because if we put 200 Watts into a common electrolyzer, then the amount of hydrogen would be barely enough to ignite. No Boltzmann statistics can account into 100% yield of hydrogen.

like linear antenna it could produce cylindrically symmetric EM impulse, solving the problem

The problem is, the LENR often produces no gamma, not to say in "cylindrically symmetric EM impulses" (WTF is it supposed to mean? - no dipole antenna would produce such a shape of EM signal). Instead of it, whole the energy gets absorbed and thermalized inside the lattice - which is impossible to explain, if we insist that "it practically doesn't matter if atoms are in crystal or amorphous".

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.