Think different

• While I realize no self-respecting scientist will pay any attention to this, I'll post it anyway. Physical sound is never included in the Physics equations of LENR. Yet the late Ken Shoulders, whose paper is attached repeatedly said, (and it's in the abstract) that the shattering the the deuterium-loaded crystalline structure metal, with its corners filled in by the H from the deuterium is able to hit a resonant frequency and crack/fracture (think soprano shattering a wine glass with a resonant frequency from the physical sound of high-C.)

As Ken told me personally, the electrified metal, when it fractures, emits a spark, which is, in essence, composed of multiple toroidal-shapped bundles of of extremely short-lived existence and are extremely energetic electron bundles that have been compressed beyond the Coulomb Barrier by Casimir (van der waals) forces. He called then EVOs (Exotic Vacuum Objects). Hal Puthoff called them condensed charge clusters.

Shoulders claims that these are responsible for the clumps of transmuted materials, e.g. nickel, tin, etc. found on AND below the surface of the metal that has cracked, BECAUSE they affect (real: alter) the atomic structure of neighboring atoms. However, they are so short-lived, their influence is limited to localized domains of atoms. Thus, the "clumps" of transmuted marterials. Actually, I never heard him mention if the electrons compressed beyond the Coulomb Barrier in these EVOs ever reverse direction and are passed back through the Coulomb Barrier, only to become plain old electrons again, except now they are part of the transmuted element.

In any event, @ ICCF-10 Peter Haglestein gave Dr. Fulvio Frisone a noted Italian scientist and quadriplegic, he opportunity to present his poster paper. One of Dr. Frisone's grad students read it for him. The conclusion of the paper was very clear - no cracks, no cold fusion. I later asked Dr. Frisone if he knew of Ken shoulders' work. No, he did not.

Let's assume for a moment that Dr. Frisone's conclusion is corroborated by Ken Shoulders' contention that it is the EVOs from the spark created by a harmonic resonance within the crystalline metallic structure that cause the tiny crack, and associated transmutation(s.) - AND the excess heat of cold fusion. If you read Ken's paper "Charge Clusters in Action", you will find that a simple spark that emits EVOs (condensed charge clusters) can blow a hole (melt straight through) aluminum. Ken claims that would normally require a thermal gradient of 26,000C - table top fusion.

OK, if you haven't written this off as every cold fusioneer I've ever spoken to has ( 2 scinetist from Los Alamos were aware of these "fracto-emissions" but didn't have the math to explain them. Ken later added the math in his revised version of "Energy Conversion From the Exotic Vacuum", in the attached document. But, at that point, Ken Shoulders had already been written off by the cold fusion community as simply wrong, and was consequently ignored,) may I suggest an approach that as far as I know, has not even been considered, nor would be considered by any self-respecting scientist in the field who already knows, "it can't be, therefore, it isn't". That approach would be to simply determine the resonant frequency of the metal being loaded and add an additional component to the equation / experiment: physical sound (which travels better in water than air, so some underwater sound generator that can be adjusted to generate the resonant harmonic frequency of that metal can be "broadcast" throughout the medium, whatever it might be, that causes (read: assists) the metal to fracture) and see what happens. Will it shatter like the wine glasss and emits EVOs that are the real source of the excess heat as they break the binding energy of the neighboring atoms and transmute them into other elements with electrons that have returned through the Coulomb barrier to become real electrons, except now as part of the newly created transmuted elements?

I know. i know. This is all uneducated rubbish, not even worth reading. But, I think it was Einstein who said that doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results is the definition of insanity. It's been about 25 years of insanity in the cold fusion community. Maybe one of you might try to approach it a like Apple - different.

John Miranda
    [email protected]

• I am no scientist, but metal, unlike ceramics such as glass, it usually a lot more "elastic". You could probably induce high frequency vibrations with an oscillating magnetic field (as you would with a speaker) but the metal is more likely to get hot dissipating the energy than shattering. Metal does undergo fatigue under extreme stresses over a long period of time (like an aircraft) but I don't know if that is the metal ripping apart at the lattice level or just shearing along a line. Therein is the question, what can possibly create the vibrations of high enough frequency and amplitude to fracture metal without tearing itself apart?

• Off the cuff to Glowfish: A quartz or ceramic piezoelectric driver, working through a boron nitride or other lightweight ultrahard anvil. See Morgan Ceramics for example for piezoelectric drivers, AKA "ultrasonic transducers".

• [quote='juandegringo','http://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/Thread/1685-Think-different/?postID=4859#post4859']While I realize no self-respecting scientist will pay any attention to this, I'll post it anyway. Physical sound is never included in the Physics equations of LENR. Yet the late Ken Shoulders, whose paper is attached repeatedly said, (and it's in the abstract) that the shattering the the deuterium-loaded crystalline structure metal, with its corners filled in by the H from the deuterium is able to hit a resonant frequency and crack/fracture (think soprano shattering a wine glass with a resonant frequency from the physical sound of high-C.)/ {end of quote]

Longview writes: Thanks for the interesting post, "Juan de Gringo". I've archived it for deeper study. If one looks at "phonons" and their frequent mention in condensed matter theory, and in Hagelstein's models.... at least that form is not being ignored. A sound wave in a hard material can have a wavelength that exactly corresponds to a photonic wavelength in that same material. Dielectric k of around 2 implies a C* around half of C. A sound propagation velocity of ~6,000 m/sec (tungsten carbide ~6,650-- but not transparent to light, fused silica ~5,970 m/s), One can easily calculate a reasonable sound note and photon wavelength that equates the two types of energy propagation. I'll leave finding the general solution for such wavelengths in quartz or fused silica as homework for interested readers.

Also the recent video retrospective produced by Jed Rothwell and Ruby Carat (I believe) shows Melvin Miles or perhaps Frank Gordon (Office of Naval Research) mentioning using a microphone to pick up the miniature explosions in a particular layout of a very successful co-deposition cell. They are probably interviews from awhile back--- still interesting particularly in this edit. Regardless of date, they nevertheless shows sound in the context of CF-- but in this case probably not anything but "micro or nano-explosions".

• I worked as a Microwave Tech and Quality Assurance guy for about 30 years. We vibrated many microwave components looking for harmonics that might destroy circuits or housings. About 6 years ago I started following the development of LENR, although I am not a physicist. At one point I read of someone vibrating an LENR Device at a frequency that caused the Lattice to expand and contract giving opportunity to stuff more Hydrogen or Deuterium into the crystal structure of the Nickel. Is this not the only reason to follow such a course of study? Is any of the harmonic frequency data available. One fellow says that the harmonic frequency wavelength is 1/2 the atomic diameter. Is that so?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.