Durable reactor with replaceable core

• @gameover,
    I recall the SiC heater graphs having a negative R curve that flattened out at a high temperature. Perhaps that is engineered with grain sizes and geometry?
    I have no idea about the rest of the materials. but I would think there would be some sort of limit. (Maybe there isn't)

Something to consider when experimenting with this stuff.

There are some neat videos (several were posted on the forum a year ago maybe) of glass being turned into a melting-glowing conductor with 120 V.

• Rossi's patent says that the heater only gets the reactor up to operating temperature. Then the glow discharge takes over operating between 50 and 100 KV. There is a concentration on non Rossi compatible and non applicable experimental process here.

• @axil,
    The patent application in question might contain things he feels are important, but are actually not important. His theory could be incorrect. There are many errors in some applications, which get corrected over time, and sometimes not.
    If the patent/application theory is wrong, and you base your theory on it, then it is most likely that your theory will in turn be wrong, or lead to wrong conclusions.

• Official Post

I'm not sure how practical a dual-purpose reactor would be. Once you have fired it up for a while the inside is contaminated beyond - so the simpler thing to do would be to build another heat source (LENR would be nice) alongside it. Then at least you can use the same turbines and grid connection. But it may be that LENR would lend itself to a new kind of distribution mechanism- locally generated power for local needs- in which case there would be no need for a big central power station.

• IBut it may be that LENR would lend itself to a new kind of distribution mechanism- locally generated power for local needs- in which case there would be no need for a big central power station.

When the NRC and IAEA become aware that the Rossi reactor design produces Li6 (a bomb capable material) from Li7, they will only allow LENR to be used as other bomb capable materials are now used, in big utility based nuclear reactors.

I have posted the applicable laws; do you choose to ignore those laws?

• I do. When something is as useful and important as this could be, may the devil take the hindmost. 'Tis the future of our biosphere after all.

An object lesson from history

http://www.argee.net/DefenseWatch/Nuclear Waste and Breeder Reactors.htm

Plutonium is used in atomic bombs - the fact that it's pure Plutonium-239 that makes an atomic bomb work, and not the other three isotopes, apparently didn't matter, because in 1977 President Jimmy Carter signed an executive order that banned the reprocessing of nuclear fuel in the United States. The rationale was that the Plutonium could possibly be stolen, and terrorists or rogue nation states might be able to use it to make atomic bombs.

The Lithium 6 situation

Lithium 6, the ash that Rossi's reactors produce can also be used in nuclear bombs and access to it is restricted by the NRC and the IAEA.

It is a long standing policy that the production of all materials used in the construction of nuclear bombs shall be controlled by nuclear regulations.

I have advised that because of this long standing policy, Rossi's technology will be controlled by the NRC and the IAEA if it is permitted to exist at all.

FYI

http://www.gao.gov/assets/680/671351.pdf

DOE PROJECT
    MANAGEMENT
    NNSA Should Ensure
    Equal Consideration
    of Alternatives for
    Lithium Production

• Official Post

Th 'UNofficial' position is a little less fraught than you imagine. Discussing the 'tritium problem' with one of the SRI researchers he told me that since they had an experiment that was producing tritium they applied for a tritium license. The response was 'you can't possibly be making tritium, so you don't need a license.

So the world turns.

ETA. Sigma Aldritch offer quite a few Li6 items, including metal chunks at 95% purity in 10gram packs, though they have discontinued Li6Deuteride. Perhaps nobody told them it is forbidden?

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/aldrich/340421?lang=en&region=GB&cm_sp=Insite-_-prodRecCold_xviews-_-prodRecCold10-3

• Perhaps nobody told them it is forbidden?

This is what I am telling all who will listen, that the production of Lithium 6 through transmutation is forbidden.

IH has made a bad deal with Rossi, but I am telling IH now that the Rossi tech is forbidden by law. IH should pursue a LENR technology that does not produce lithium 6 as an ash.

Those who will not listen can disregard this advice but an opponent of LENR can use the lithium 6 restriction as a lever to destroy the IH/Rossi technology.

• Possibly only in America. The rest of the world doesn't believe in transmutation anyway. You are banging a drum that nobody cares about.

BTW- nobody told 'American Elements', either. They have immediate availability.

https://www.americanelements.c…-metal-isotope-14258-72-1

'American Elements' also sells thorium which I know requires a licence to use. 'American Elements' must be a licensed producer of lithium 6. All restricted nuclear materials require a licence issued by the NRC to buy and use. Any seller of restricted nuclear materials must be licenced. Therefore, any Rossi type of LENR reactor must also be licenced by the NRC.

Regarding: "The rest of the world doesn't believe in transmutation anyway."

There will come a time when the the rest of the world will believe in transmutation, and that transmutation will be controlled by the government worldwide.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.