Ask questions to Song Sheng Jiang about the new Result on anomalous heat production in hydrogen-loaded

• I know from Songsheng he is working on it. I guess that the problem is in the instrumentation he is using. He wants that it is interfaced with the computer, etc. Different thermocouple require different amplifier. Mostly there are available just amplifiers for type K, but for other it may not or are not so accessible, especially when you are using special equipment.
    It may take few weeks until he gets everything needed.

I know it very well from my experience.

I had no idea that buying a type B takes weeks. It does happen in gov setups, where the paper work is often more difficult and time consuming than the actual experiment. ;)
    It seems he is in a similar situation.
    Anyway, while waiting for new instruments, he could simply repeat it with a new type-K, probably avoiding the very high temperatures or SSM and concentrating on the excess heat, even if its small.

I know that its easy to simply demand such work, and real situation can be more difficult, but I'm a bit impatient and I believe that the world needs lenr so badly that it must be made a top priority by those who are lucky to get some success in it. I feel sad when I see them stuck somewhere. Hopefully we will see positive results soon.

• This is such an excellent list of recommendations from Abd, I'm bringing it to the top.

• I wrote to Dr. Jiang on 10/20/2015 to ask for more detail on the preparations for his experiment. What follows was the exchange.

Questions from Bob Higgins to Dr. Jiang on 10/20/2015:
    "When I read your slide 3, the (continued) text description of the experiment, you stated: ‘In the first day, the reaction chamber was vacuumed to 10-4 mbar, and then was heated up. The LiAlH4 was degassed, and the upper pressure in the chamber reached 400 kPa at temperatures of 150-300°C or so.’ When you say the LiAlH4 was degassed, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean that the act of pulling the vacuum degassed the LiAlH4? Or, was there another step for degassing the LiAlH4?

How long was your fueled reactor maintained in a vacuum before you began heating?

Before you began heating, was a valve activated to seal the reaction chamber from the vacuum pump?"

Dr. Songsheng Jiang’s reply on 10/21/2015:
    “To clean out other gasses in the reactor chamber, the reactor was heated at 100°C or so and pumped to a vacuum about 10-4 Pa for about 100 hours before starting the experiment. When the valve was closed, the reactor chamber can maintained in a vacuum for more than 24 hours.

When starting the experiment, the vacuum valve was closed and fuel cell temperature increased by heating to 140-400°C. Then the pressure in the chamber increased from a vacuum to 400 kPa quickly, and then decreased to a pressure -100 kPa at 400-800°C slowly. We consider that the increase of pressure was the result of LiAlH4 degassing [decomposition] and subsequent pressure decrease was the result of hydrogen absorption by nickel and others.

For your reference, the chemical reaction mechanism of LiAlH4 is shown as below:

3 LiAlH4 → Li3AlH6 + 2 Al + 3 H2 (R1) ~150°C
    2 Li3AlH6 → 6 LiH + 2 Al + 3 H2 (R2) ~200°C
    2 LiH + 2 Al → 2 LiAl + H2 (R3) above 400°C ”

• The pressure variation is unclear about absolute or relative to 1bar. Dr. Songsheng Jiang says that the pressure goes from vacuum to 4 bar (400kPa) then decrease to -1 bar(vacuum again?). Is the 400kPa relative to atmosphere or absolute? It seems he is mixing both.

• Official Post

Response to questions from @David Fojt and @Arnaud
    A detail description of the variations of temperature and pressure in the reactor chamber in the first 2 days can be found in Figure 6, and a clean version was provided to Jed Rothwell. Then he made an Acrobat document with the Fig. 6 data translated into English: http://lenr-canr.org/Collections/JiangSfigure6data.pdf

The reactor chamber was heated at about 100 0C for clean out residual gasses, When experiment start, the temperature rose up much higher than 100 0C.

The pressure is absolute value, it means 1 atm = 101325 Pa. The pressure goes from vacuum (10-4 Pa) to 400 kPa( 4 Pa), then decrease to -100 kPa(-1 Pa),

Best regards,Songsheng Jiang

• <span style="color: #FF0000">Response to questions from <a href="http://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/User/1157-David-Fojt/">@David Fojt</a> and <a href="http://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/User/873-Arnaud/">@Arnaud</a> </span>
    A detail description of the variations of temperature and pressure in the reactor chamber in the first 2 days can be found in Figure 6, and a clean version was provided to Jed Rothwell. Then he made an…

The minimum temperature is 0 Pa which not possible to reach currently. It can't have a negative pressure in absolute. -100kPa doesn't exist!

• Dear Song Sheng Jiang and colleagues

Now we are in the year of the Fire Monkey! I understand the monkey is intelligent and resourceful so hopefully its a great year for you and your team with new discoveries and breakthroughs with the New Fire ;)

It was fantastic to follow your work last year and see how LENR is reaching across toe world to China. Thank you for sharing your work here.

I would like to say happy new year to you and your colleagues and any others who follow the Chinese new year and lunar calendar out there i'm looking forward to what comes up in the year ahead.

Stephen

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.