Ask questions to Wizkid about his replication experiment

• Hi Wizkid,

The graphs look interesting, but can you explain a bit more:
    What does 'sensor' mean in the first graph?
    What did you do to cause the big temperature spikes?
    Is there any sign of SSM?
    You seem to have a dual reactor. Is the second used as a reference? I do not see any temperature details of that.
    Thanks, Gerard

• @wizkid, can you describe your reactor construction?

• It looks like you are using alumina or mullite tubes and sealing the ends with some sort of cement. What cement are you using? Do you have any idea if you are able to maintain a hermetic seal?
    • Are you individually wrapping each tube with Kanthal or nichrome wire or do you place each tube in a larger tube wrapped with heating wire?
    • It looks like you are then placing the reactor and heater assembly in refractory insulation. Using this method what temperatures are you able to attain? What is the longevity of your heaters?
    • What size tubes are you using?
    • Can you describe your fuel? Amount and types of constituents?
    • What is your drive current? AC/DC or something in the middle?
    • Do you use a PID controller or manual control?
    • Are you just measuring the temperature of the insulated chamber? Do you have a thermocouple on the reactor tubes?
    • It looks like you have two tubes in each insulated chamber? Are they both fueled or is one a control?
    • How are you going to look for excess heat? Simple temperature vs input power comparison with a calibration run?

I understand if you would prefer not to answer any of these questions until you are ready to release a report. Thank You!

• The annotated image above may prove interesting to some readers while we await more information.

There is too little information to go very far into analysis.

The wattmeter, is not a part of the circuit, since the mains voltage is not plugged into the socket on the device face. Though it is likely that it normally is a part of the circuit during an experimental run.

The presence of the full wave rectifier seems to indicate DC current supplies the heating wires. Trace the wire in all the pictures and let me know if you think this is an error on my part.

The two holes in the left-most refractory (alligator clips attached ) might allow the shielded thermocouple access - you slide the thermocouple inside.

Clearly this is not the fully wired system under operation.

• jrovnakJune 25, 2015 at 6:14 PM
    Peter of general interest to us!
    Some information from Wizkid replication attempts shared with Rossi Blog just now.
    talk with Wizkid
    “wizkid James Andrew Rovnak • 9 hours ago
    Hello James. Sharp temperature spikes were inserted to find LENR, but NO LENR FOUND yet . Source uses ardruino controller with custom software, optical a/c solid state switching and a full wave 10A bridge rectifier to produce DC that is used to drive the coil load.”

Interesting set up, but I think he needs more TRIAC like freq content to stimulate Lady LENR into more dramatic presence like GS3 test, etc!

We all wait for further testing & a final report with more details to learn more & maybe help Wizkid with ideas & comment of group think, just maybe!

Have a nice day Andrea, just wanted to share this info from Wizkid with the Blog participants.

• Alain: I referred to the thermocouple as shielded because it likely has a metal closed-end tube surrounding the welded bead of the thermocouple.

Under the protective ceramic cover seen in the picture I believe we would see the above described "shield".

An unshielded thermocouple would expose the welded bead directly to whatever atmosphere surrounds it.

As to whether hydrogen might find a way to contact the thermocouple bead, if the pictured thermocouple assembly is like many others I have seen and handled, then I should mention that the thermocouple is NOT hermetically sealed. The shielding merely places extra metal around the thermocouple - generally a stainless steel tube closed on one end much like a common glass test tube.

Other more expensive thermocouple protection exists which provides much better sealing - essential in some applications in various industrial processes. Some thermocouple shields include mineral oxides within the metal tube.

The link below covers some of above issues but should not be considered encyclopedic.

http://www.capgo.com/Resources…ocouple/Thermocouple.html

• Greetings Gerard! The readings for sensor refer to a k-type thermocouple resistance level converted into Celsius. To create the spikes, I created logic in the ardruino, with various functions automated into a plan of action. The software is smart enough to leave a SSM situation alone, if it finds one. My runs were not fueled. There was no SSM. The spikes are comparable to depth charges released by a destroyer looking for a submarine. The debris would be "spotted" by the program if the temperature did not require power to maintain over time. I have not finished this part of the program, because I need SSM data from live, fueled, tests to perfect the AI in the program. The dual core reactor is my current test model. I need to use Parkhomov's idea to extend the fuel cartridge several inches out of each side of the furnace to seal it and achieve proper pressure in the device.

Thank you for your inquiry!

Wizkid :pillepalle:

• @wizkid, can you describe your reactor construction?

• It looks like you are using alumina or mullite tubes and sealing the ends with some sort of cement. What cement are you using? Do you have any idea if you are able to maintain a hermetic seal?
    • Are you individually wrapping each tube with Kanthal or nichrome wire or do you place each tube in a larger tube wrapped with heating wire?
    • It looks like you are then placing the reactor and heater assembly in refractory insulation. Using this method what temperatures are you able to attain? What is the longevity of your heaters?
    • What size tubes are you using?
    • Can you describe your fuel? Amount and types of constituents?
    • What is your drive current? AC/DC or something in the middle?
    • Do you use a PID controller or manual control?
    • Are you just measuring the temperature of the insulated chamber? Do you have a thermocouple on the reactor tubes?
    • It looks like you have two tubes in each insulated chamber? Are they both fueled or is one a control?
    • How are you going to look for excess heat? Simple temperature vs input power comparison with a calibration run?

I understand if you would prefer not to answer any of these questions until you are ready to release a report. Thank You!

Hello Wishful,

NOT USING FUEL YET! Alumina, no, 1250c, Long enough to find SSM, LiAlH4+NI 10/90, Custom PID (allows user to manually override if needed), See answer to Gerard.

:golly: Wizkid

• :beer: Nicely stated. Thank you.

Wizkid

• :beer: Nicely stated. Thank you.

Wizkid

Do you use watts up meter just before pulses going to your fuel element? Can you get a picture of current shape or frequency content like PCE 830 picture in Lugano report? Please let me know when you run test with fuel inside, almost ruined my eyesight looking for (ssm) in last temperature plot, which I think you said was with an un-fueled element just checking out large input pulses from computer code to look for (ssm) when fueled, No? Sure i'm seeing things that couldn't be there unless we are getting a load of action at a distance physics! Jim Good luck!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.