Boron 11 aneutronic fusion

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There are diagrams at the beginning. With the Lipinski WIPO patent application in mind, I would think there is a significant possibility that this aneutronic reaction could also be triggered by anomalously low energies. We simply don't know much at this point. Unlike the lithium aneutronics, this supposed B 11 reaction takes one proton to produce allegedly 3 alphas by spontaneous fission of the resulting Carbon 12 (although it does not really say that). I don't know how that would work, since C 12 is stable. I suppose it is inherently a collisional reaction, sort of a moderately hot fusion/fission. From their cartoon, sufficient energy must be given to cause the fission to three alpha particles, certainly Helium 4 in this case-- or 4 X He 3 might work. Anyway the animation with music is exciting. Looking forward to critical reviews of this, yet another aneutronic. I'm neglecting spin, parity and other issues here, and it looks like the author / inventor / animators may have ignored those as well. To get to the laser energies mentioned, that is a chirped amplifier, one is looking at a very short pulse, so the actual continuous power can be modest but the instantaneous power can be immense over say the picosecond mentioned. So even at 1% efficiency a 5 watt laser can produce a picosecond pulse of over a gigawatt-- so at least that part is plausible.

There must be other aneutronics of interest. I'll keep looking.

• Looking further into the proton + B 11 process. It is clear that the product is C 12 which fissions into alphas. Curious that this aneutronic is not likely to be susceptible to a low energy improvement as one sees in the Lipinski UGC efforts. The excess energy of the proton / boron nuclear collision must provide the fission impetus.

I believe that "Gyorgy" Egely [umlaut "o"], likely the same George Egely now editor and Infinite Energy magazine, has a carbon LENR patent, see: http://patents.justia.com/inventor/gy-rgy-egely ,

So perhaps that is one answer, simple carbon / carbon collisions to produce alphas directly. Perhaps it could work at least as well as the double laser and boron speculative idea presented in the animation. Certainly we don't want to underestimate carbon, highest melting point of any element by some measures, also has many other very interesting properties exhibited by iits heteromorphs, such as fullerenes, graphenes, cumulenes, graphite, diamond, diamond-like films as well as a vast array of other compound forms represented in the extreme by PTFE (aka Teflon, the most proton resistant material known, all the way to acetylene, one of the most unstable).and so on.

• Looking further into the proton + B 11 process. It is clear that the product is C 12 which fissions into alphas. Curious that this aneutronic is not likely to be susceptible to a low energy improvement as one sees in the Lipinski UGC efforts. The excess energy of the proton / boron nuclear collision must provide the fission impetus.

I see there is/was quite an effort to promote a form of Boron 11 aneutronic fusion. That is "Tri-alpha Energy, Inc." located in Foothills Ranch, California. See article at the usual untrustworthy online encyclopedia. It seems there is a lack of performance evident, but a distinct skill at collecting capital funding from celebrities, some nearby. I have to say that the credentials of the principals there are not as impressive as those at UGC. I hate to say this, but one issue is the age of the top scientists (they are "looking good" though!). I see their big splash was in 1998....Oh, that was sooo last century.... 8)

The real problem may be that this requires truly "hot, hot, hot" fusion. If there is no low energy "back door" as in the Lipinski UGC efforts.... Last it was evaluated, it appeared that the Tri Alpha, Inc. Boron 11-- proton collision required much higher energies than even "our" now 60 years of failing $50+ billions of D--T effort. At least the result is said to be "clean" and those guys may end up still "lookng good" at the billionaire celebrity parties as they approach a century in age.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.