Youtube video

• Official Post

LENR e1

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Now have plasma, first real LENR experiment 1"

Do we know anything more about this project?

• It is my first LENR experiment. I'm using NaOH solution with Tig Welding Tungsten Electrodes Red (Thoriated Tungstens). Reaction happens at over 200v DC after 1 hour. In my 2nd experiment the cathode was spilt in to two and now waiting for new electrodes plus logging and tracking sensors to provide better data. I;m new to this and any advice or data parameters i should be logging please let me know.

• It is my first LENR experiment. I'm using NaOH solution with Tig Welding Tungsten Electrodes Red (Thoriated Tungstens). Reaction happens at over 200v DC after 1 hour. In my 2nd experiment the cathode was spilt in to two and now waiting for new electrodes plus logging and tracking sensors to provide better data. I;m new to this and any advice or data parameters i should be logging please let me know.

Thanks for posting this. Do you have any idea why it takes an hour? Is there electrolytic generation of hydrogen, which then has to "load" into the electrode surface? Or do the hydrogen and/or oxygen gases have to saturate the electrolyte solution to the point where the arc induces recombination of the dissolved gases. One test of that idea would be to reduce the pressure on the electrolyte during that initial hour, first with a simple roughing pump or even an aspirator--- if you have the water flow these days. Lower pressure should make the accumulation of H2 and/or O2 much lower in solution, making a test for dissolved H2 / O2, by giving a much less impressive show of energy "production", after the same period of run up.

Or are there other explanations that come to you, for the phenomenon you see there, FreePhases?

Suggestion for a simple change: Please try this with a non-thoriated tungsten as one sort of "control". I believe you can get the non thoriated W rods (ceriated?) Non thoriated electrodes are easy to use now with the great convenience of "strike-on-liftoff" TIG welders, fairly reasonable and fairly common. And the safety risk profile for sharpening the tips of a non-thoriated is much better. Many safety bodies are advising strongly now that it is best not to inhale any thorium aerosols, whether as metal vapors released from the arc or from grinding on the electrodes.

I recall seeing a video or two using a platinum or platinum-iridium tipped spark plug electrode that gave similar results,,,, but I don't recall what the voltage and current readings were. There was some attempt to do crude calorimetry. The input power I believe was monitored with a watt meter, voltage and current were independently monitored, at least by eye. There was thermometry in place, and volumes by weight were used to assess at least some of the parameters. I recall the video just ends, with no explanation of the apparent brilliant submerged arc or of any of the calorimetry.... maybe there was a later video with the followup....

• Congratulation! The white light indicates that the interior of the bubbles have reached solar temperature. At this temperature there must be some level of hydrogen fusion. It would be interesting to look at the electrode surface with SEM at intervals leading to the 1 hour initiation.

Good warning to heed about the hazards related to ingesting thorium. Cerium salt in the welding electrodes was introduced because of much lower radioactivity. The spark ignition welders don't need ionizing radiation from the electrode to help initiate striking the arc.

• Thanks Longhorn for your interest, suggestions and advice. I now know i can do the same thing in under 10 minutes from cold by increasing the power faster. I only have a 3A power supply and before was raising the power too slowly. I now lower the anode as the water warms up and the Amps fall i can then turn up the voltage. When the reaction happens it draws less than 400mA. One issue now is i can only do short runs due to the heat. I'm working on a monitor with some friends to log DC voltage and AC voltage as well as temperature inside the vessel and outside. We are limited in funds so have to use what we have or can get cheap so it's a slow process. Safety is also a concern. I use a fan at all times but no geiger counter yet just to make sure, that would put my mind at rest.

I weighed the water before but not afterwards that time, i forgot in the excitement. I was surprised it worked and to see the Amps drop as reported by so many already was just a delight. The 2nd time I lost 1.2 gm of water. I'm now using stainless steel as the cathode and also replacing the thoriated tungsten with Nitinol. I plan to do more controlled experiments outside once i get the chance and will do a better video. So many more things to try as well as your suggestions. I will be posting short vids of those on youtube then post it here if it's anything new.

• Congratulation! The white light indicates that the interior of the bubbles have reached solar temperature. At this temperature there must be some level of hydrogen fusion. It would be interesting to look at the electrode surface with SEM at intervals leading to the 1 hour initiation.

Good warning to heed about the hazards related to ingesting thorium. Cerium salt in the welding electrodes was introduced because of much lower radioactivity. The spark ignition welders don't need ionizing radiation from the electrode to help initiate striking the arc.

Thanks ogfusionist, i was not sure if any fusion was taking place other than it looked the same as i have seen in other videos. It raised the heirs on the back of my neck. I don't have a SEM (i wish i did) . I have only a 40x microscope :(

Heed taken, about thorium. I wear gloves and use a fan but forgot to check that.

• Official Post

Some updates

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.