ECAT Heat Energy - News from Andrea Rossi / Ecat.com

• Official Post

Leonardo Corporation now offers ECAT Heat Energy as a separate product solution. The ECAT plants are owned and operated by Leonardo Corporation while installed in the customers facilities or at a location in the vicinity of the customers facilities depending on local needs and infrastructure.

The ECAT Heat Energy is delivered by steam at 100-120 Celsius and extracted through the customers local heat exchangers. Return temperatures can be in any range between 5-95 Celsius.

Leonardo Corporation initially look for customers with 24/7 facility operation due to ECAT plants preferred continuous operation.
    Please contact for quotes

http://ecat.com/ecat-products/ecat-energy

• So, as an engineer, I'm of course interested in what the heat of the produced water/steam output. But I'm also interested either in BTU/hr or kJ/hr continuous production rates. And modulation: between 100% output and what smaller amount (0% ... 5%? ... 25%? ... or only 80+%?) can it run at, and moreover, what is the start-up electrical power investment as well as timing for both ramp-up and cool-down.

As for example, if one needs 75,000 BTU/hr (19,000 kCal/hr, 79 MJ, 22.0 kWh/h) average for a vacuum-packed, pre-cook in sealed package system ... how many E-Cats would it take? Return water temperature would be 50C.

These are the factors we engineers need; we also need (because its not just about heat) to know the net electrical input, voltage requirements, amperage and breaker characteristics. Super-fast type breakers, or slower response, acknowledging current spiking?

Just saying.
    Engineering is precise, quantitative, descriptive.

GoatGuy

• The key words here are "selling heat"

> Andrea Rossi’s Leonardo Corporation has settled on a business model for selling heat

If Frank would take his kiss-behind googles off for a moment and take a look at the big picture he would realize that they are just turning up the heat on big corporations in the market to buy their enterprise out. Like Lockheed bought Sun Catalytix: never to be heard from again.

Frank be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!

• @FrankCensor: I guess they sell "heat only" as long as they don't obtain the patent.

They jerked the patent office around like they jerk us around. Patent office said ok fine in that case thanx for the $10K filing fee and good bye and get lost. They get their paychecks on Friday if Rossi shows what is under his kimono or does not.

That said we don't really know what Rossi and [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] has. It may be an energy storage device. It may be a better much more efficient heater. Looking at all of these replications online one wonders how these contraptions differ from a Target space heater for $40 with 800W input. It may be a new much more efficient form of fire.

What we do know is that this outfit [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] was never in the business of manufacturing. What business were they in? Good question. At first glance they look more like lobbyists, power brokers, wheel greasers. How should one react to them when they come out and say they are going to introduce the latest model that will not only compete with Tesla engineering et. al. but blow it out of the water? Frank would ask about specs. I would ask what's wrong with this picture? It's completely out of character.

• [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] has selling licenses only for the US market, when I remember correctly.
    Hydrofusion has selling licenses for the european market.

As far as I can tell, [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] has their main office in downtown Raleigh, NC and they purchased or rented a building at 6025 Triangle Dr. in Raleigh, NC, which is a more industrial part of town, but nothing is happening there. Rossi had said that the 1 mw plant had been manufactured there, so why is [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] being left out of the new announcement by Rossi.

Rossi was asked on his blog about the announcement, but he didn't confirm.

• Rossi delivers. Just that it never is what he initially promised.

The pattern of lying should be obvious to everyone who has followed the e-cat saga.

Well, a certain percentage of dump-assess is always expected.

The others.. Misinformed, maybe, or otherwise they seem to be with the scam.

• Official Post

Does this mean that Rossi is already installing and running plants for every customer not just his "selected" customers?

This is the most important question now I think.

If so, I would like to see some responses from actual companies which do rent those plants.

Renting could be a good way to build confidence in the ECAT.

Only the energy that was actually delivered would be paid for by the customer. Plus maintanance costs etc.

I am curious to hear feedback from a customer.

• when? where? who?
    I bet a prompt Rossi's statement about NDAs, he will say that nobody can check because the companies will not allow energy checking.

• Official Post

when? where? who?
    I bet a prompt Rossi's statement about NDAs, he will say that nobody can check because the companies will not allow energy checking.

Maybe so. Yes. I think we will be able to decide whether the Ecat works or not by being able to see actual responses from companies on the E-Cat website or not.

If Rossi is honest, and if the ECat works he would put those responses on his website. We will than be able to ask the companies if the ECat is working.

The question is also: How will the contracts look like. If the ECat is no scam, the customers will only have to pay once energy has been delivered.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.