Pathoskeptic banned for one month

• I enjoyed Pathoskeptics' remarks until he departed from skepticism to criticism. Criticism is healthy unless carried too far, I agree there should be a limit to aggressivity. He should stick with skepticism as his nom de plume suggests. This behavior is following the path of a pathological disorder though.

• Thanks Barty.

The tone of "p" is quite disrespectful of well-meaning participants here, although '"p" has not bothered me personally. I did ask earlier that some policy against "advertising" be implemented. It seems "p" provocations are simply designed to draw readers to that linked website. I have not looked at "p's" linked website... but I see it is linked in every one of p's posts.

• There has always been an overtone of disrespect in "p's" remarks. What was the straw that broke the camel's back? Is there a hierarchy to what's tolerated? Maybe I've been retired too long and have forgotten about business hierarchy.

Linked websites are "simply designed to draw readers to that linked website". I agree linked websites are like bait on a hook and work best mostly for suckers. I don't mean to be disrespectful just honest.

• "PS: that is not a personal attack"

Back to "p's" remarks. I notice that something hit the fan when "p" mentioned CERN.

Anyway, now that the secret related to sulfur poisoning and how to control the effect on NiO is revealed, hydrogen fusion at the helium level would be replicated by anyone taking the necessary precautions. Nickel metal catalyst requires special treatment to establish surface morphology, submicron NiO is easily available and can be used directly.

• "PS: that is not a personal attack"

Back to "p's" remarks. I notice that something hit the fan when "p" mentioned CERN.

I may have missed that. I thought it was p's personal attacks with no redeeming science or technical contributions. It happened also to coincide with the "gutterization" of p's language. David Nygren had warned p a couple of weeks back that he was deleting a few sequential posts of p that made no contribution to the discussion. I think it is in that trend that p was given a month ban. It is admirable that the admins, moderators and the founder are so respectful of p's rights. Further, p has received continuing free advertising here for whatever looney crap p may have assembled there, for no charge at all.

• Thanks Longview, glad to see the effort to keep this forum at a high level of ethics. Visiting this forum is one of my daily highlights.

Someday hope to see some work done on the nickelous oxide reactor. I'm trying to get equipped for a kitchen type reactor to repeat my earlier work. Will post results if successful. I've rigged a Geiger counter to assure that my earlier work that showed no alpha or beta escaping the reactor and little gamma to play it safe. My past employment as a safety engineer in a plant that produced enriched U-235 for fission reactors is paying off.

• Thanks Longview, glad to see the effort to keep this forum at a high level of ethics. Visiting this forum is one of my daily highlights.

Someday hope to see some work done on the nickelous oxide reactor. I'm trying to get equipped for a kitchen type reactor to repeat my earlier work. Will post results if successful. I've rigged a Geiger counter to assure that my earlier work that showed no alpha or beta escaping the reactor and little gamma to play it safe. My past employment as a safety engineer in a plant that produced enriched U-235 for fission reactors is paying off.

Do you have FiberFrax? I have a few oz of it, with me here, now on the East Coast. Perhaps 10 in. by 3 to 4 in. and about 1 in. thick. I can send it to you, if you happen to need it.

• FiberFrax, exactly what I need and don't have. Has to be the alumina based high temp variety as the catalyst support. Easy to check using a laboratory Meker burner; the correct material won't melt. Will let you know if I advance to the stage where it's needed. Exciting to get back to the planning stage on this; not easy though being mostly bound to a rocking chair.

Keeping up with reports worldwide on nickel based e-cats, I have no doubt that this much simpler version using NiO will sustain hydrogen fusion. It worked 50 years ago. Are you interested in patenting the process?

• I may have missed that. I thought it was p's personal attacks with no redeeming science or technical contributions. It happened also to coincide with the "gutterization" of p's language. David Nygren had warned p a couple of weeks back that he was deleting a few sequential posts of p that made no contribution to the discussion. I think it is in that trend that p was given a month ban. It is admirable that the admins, moderators and the founder are so respectful of p's rights. Further, p has received continuing free advertising here for whatever looney crap p may have assembled there, for no charge at all.

I usually dont agree with pathosceptic's caustic way of expressing skepticism but I think his role as doubting Thomas is valuable to a scientific forum. I want to know exactly what he said that set off a one month ban.

• I usually dont agree with pathosceptic's caustic way of expressing skepticism but I think his role as doubting Thomas is valuable to a scientific forum....

While I don't condone censorship on these kinds of forums I am not sobbing because ps can't pms here anymore. I was exposed to these so called "skeptics" in the Los Angeles Meetup group. That's when I realized there are all kinds of types and subfields of skepticism. The one you are referring to is scientific skepticism. I am most interested in hi-tech business skepticism. I was in a similar situation to Rossi's. Developed this invention for a rich investor then viewed posts on the internet about the technology. Was accused of fraud, etc. The way the system is set up, especially when a technology might require government approvals and intervention, things are not always what they appear to be. That kind of situation is the root of hi-tech business skepticism I would say. For example a company that claims to have a solar panel with 40 or 60% efficiency. This other kind of skepticism that pathosceptic was selling has nothing to do with science and/or business. I would guess, although I cannot prove it, that these so called skeptics turn atheists are somehow connected to the church of scientology. I say that because they own some pretty fancy expensive real estate in Hollywood, just like the church does. Their tactic is to bait/switch. They start out by inviting people into conversations based on legitimate "skeptic" situations. The encounters quickly turn into a cult religious thing involving atheism. After that what happens I can't be certain. I quickly realized what the deal was and avoided their traps. I removed myself from the skeptics meetup group. And that was the end of that. It smacked of cult and I am not into that.

• Must say, I find this discussion most distastefull.

And the moderators of the forum have proved themselves as a bunch of cowards. Barty, especially.

• Official Post

Barty, he's back as Tyy and flooding this forum. Please exercise your powers again for the good of humanity.

I must say that while I welcome justified criticism, this particular user is never writing more than 1 or 2 lines and he is never actually arguing.
    Arguments on the basis of documented informations are a prerequisite for any kind of discussion. This is the reason why I think that MaryYugo and FrankCensor are, in an important way, taking part in the discussion in this forum while this guy is not. Kickban him.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.