Huge News: E-Cat US-Patent granted! 50% Ni, 20% Li and 30% LiAlH4

• Can you imagine what is the cost to register 64 patents? Even one patent costs money that you will really do not want to spend just for the fooling.

I know that Rossi is absolutely confident about his reactor for many years. Actually he is trying to behave that he is not so sure but it is all about his patents. Until he have patented everything he will be publicly unsure about results to get more time and halt competitors.
    He was waiting all the time for granting the patents, obviously it was not easy at all.

He do not want to convince anybody, he want to protect his invention, block each competitor and then as the last step release the product and earn LOT of money.

What in the world makes you think Rossi is registering 64 patents? Oh! I know. ROSSI SAID SO. That's where most Rossi information comes from.

Rossi could patent an actual ecat. All he would have to do is make a small but very high power working model, for example like the one Dr. Levi supposedly tested in 2011, and then he could present it to a test lab or directly to the patent office. He would get his patent in a big hurry-- for the whole "kit and caboodle" if the thing worked. Of course it doesn't and never did. The whole thing is deliberate measurement errors and a few gullible scientists and inventors who seem to have forgotten, if they ever knew it, the concept of calibration.

But the point is Rossi doesn't need 64 patents to make billions of dollars. He needs ONE which completely covers a working ecat. Rossi heated a whole building with an ecat in 2007 (read his original patent app) and he doesn't have a single one to loan to the patent office? Strange!

Here is Levi's experiment reported in NY Teknik: http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter…energi/article3108242.ece Why not repeat THIS for the patent office? For a test lab? For a government or university?

Oh... someone asked for evidence that Rossi distributors did proper tests and the ecat did not work. Here are examples:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nyteknik.se%2Fnyheter%2Fenergi_miljo%2Fenergi%2Farticle3535258.ece

Here may be another and there are more, I just forget where...

http://www.e-catworld.com/2013…etting-refund-on-license/

• @Stephan

I am not a mathematician and have no idea about the consequences of Mill's math. But Mills, for twenty years, has been making claims about hard physical evidence of large amounts of power and energy drawn from his reactions. He says that he showed this with his experiments and those at Rowan University. But the experiments at Rowan never closed the loop. They never said how their (small) power producing reagents were made. They certainly never proved an overunity power gain. And Mills demonstrations using a large welding power supply are laughable -- way more comical and idiotic than they are convincing.

Don't keep authority claims as a reason to not speak out. If you noticed, in principle every buisness taking the path of new science makes good use of optimistic projections. I don't like it, but that's the name of the game. Trying to tame the hydrino was never a simple path to success from the beginning or else it would already have been utilized. Yes the welder is unreal. But if it produces most of the energy in the form of light it will look like that. You can't change physics because it looks ridiculus. Our experience simply does not match the physics here so be careful here.

So if, as you say, hydrinos rarely show up (vanishingly rarely), why does Mills claim huge power outputs from the hydrino reaction (whatever that is)? Is he lying about that? Is he mistaken? If hydrinos are so shy they can't EVER be demonstrated, how does Mills use them to provide a flow of electricity even a power company would envy? That's what he claims, you know?

First of all, don't take the upper limit of what he claims as real values, be realistic and go down 2 orders of magnitude to c:a: 100kW which is the target for the first prototypes. He does demonstrate hydrinos via secondary effects
    like a spectral pattern that should not be there. And burst of energy that indicates over unity. He does not yet demonstrate over unity devices for us with more than showing examples of bomb calormetry that argue for that case. No proof
    but I just can't believe that he is doing blatant fraud here and with his skill and resources that is the only option. You see developing his theory means that he in the end would becomes a noble loriate and If he spend all his effort just
    moving his theory forward and making talks showing it's greatness and addressing all the critiques he would be very well off as famous and respected. Why on earth spend time on fraud than. That's crazy. No he believes his theory so much that after each debacle he gather new ideas and continue and as most successful leaders in buisness after a lot of fails he could very well have found gold here well see. His demonstration does increase in power and noise. Well see where they are the next time.

And remember, even neutrinos can be detected given enough effort of sufficient quality. Why not hydrinos? Shouldn't Mills be working on how to show hydrinos instead of making bright light with a welding generator? That's what he does these days, you know?

Hydrinos does not show up in high energy physics, it's a low energy phenomena. You need to be more specific here and show an example of where it should show up.

ETA:

Sure and maybe Neptune's moons are made of green cheese. Mills has been at it for several decades (30 years by now, isn't it? Certainly 20). And his demos get sillier with the passage of time while his claims stay grandiose. Not exactly awe inspiring to this non-mathematician.

You miss my point. If you search hard enough you may find unexplained physics that are yet not explained but explainable with normal physics. You need to take a skeptic side and try to shoot down your hypothesis I think that
    for the case of the EUV spectra there have not been enough effort to do this and this is also the view of one of Mills coauthors, he still don't rule out an unknown plasma effect - plasma physics are not easy.

Apologies for misspelling your name.

n.p. I don't take my person seriously anyway and love to be wrong.

• Can you imagine what is the cost to register 64 patents? Even one patent costs money that you will really do not want to spend just for the fooling.

I know that Rossi is absolutely confident about his reactor for many years. Actually he is trying to behave that he is not so sure but it is all about his patents. Until he have patented everything he will be publicly unsure about results to get more time and halt competitors.
    He was waiting all the time for granting the patents, obviously it was not easy at all.

He do not want to convince anybody, he want to protect his invention, block each competitor and then as the last step release the product and earn LOT of money.

That is logical, you have stated the only business argument I know that fits the facts AND means Rossi has something that works.

You argue that - for business reasons - Rossi must give no indication that his stuff works till he gets patents sewn up, and therefore on purpose makes it look bad

One minor problem - his patents require somone skilled in the art to be able to replicate working devices from the patent descriptipn.

Another problm. If we accept this logic then it is a real get-out. All evidence Rosi is a flake can be part of the master plan. A bit convenient?

his patents require somone skilled in the art to be able to replicate working devices from the patent descriptipn.

Patent does not require anything. Patent is used for protecting his work so anybody can't use his invention and sell it. This will halt LENR development to a high extent.
    All in all, when somebody will develop ready device in China and such countries, Rossi can just dream about covering his intelectual property.

If Rossi did not want to convince anyone then why the public demos? Why (quite unusually for a startup) the continual internet blogging? It seems to have convinced you...

If it were not for determined self-publicity no-one would have heard of him.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.