• From MFMP as follows:

@Ecco

Filing date Nov 27, 2012
    Priority date Nov 27, 2011
    Also published as US20150162104, WO2013076378A2, WO2013076378A3
    Inventors Pekka Soininen

From this patent

https://www.google.com/patents...

"[0116] In an embodiment of the present invention styrene catalyst is utilized for enhancing nuclear fusion in a solid state system. The precursor for the styrene catalyst, hematite Fe203, having corundum crystal structure is reduced with hydrogen gas into magnetite FesO i. The precursor (iron oxide) is doped with alkali metal hydroxide comprising lithium hydroxide LiOH, sodium hydroxide NaOH, potassium hydroxide KOH, rubidium hydroxide RbOH and/or cesium hydroxide CsOH or with alkali metal oxide comprising lithium oxide Li20, sodium oxide Na20, potassium oxide K20, rubidium oxide Rb20 and/or cesium oxide Cs20. The alkali metal hydroxide is preferably KOH and the alkali metal oxide is preferably K20. Textural promoters comprising alumina Al203 and/or chromia Cr203 are added to the iron oxide. The said textural promoters are stable in process conditions in hot, highly reducing environment and they prevent the loss of lattice defects that are necessary for storing Rydberg matter and inverted Rydberg matter.

[0123] Industrial catalysts have been optimized for specific chemical processes. For example, formation of coke (solid carbonaceous material) on the catalyst surface is avoided if the process temperature is kept in a specified temperature range. The present invention does not utilize compounds that form coke and temperatures above the normal temperature range for catalytic processes can be used in the present thermal- energy producing reactor. [0124] The probability for obtaining nuclear fusion near a single structural defect of a material is very small. Arranging a very large number of particles with surface and lattice defects to the reaction container increases the probability for nuclear fusion events per time unit within the reaction container to a noticeable and useful level. For example, if a 50 g piece of nickel is converted into 5 nm Ni nanoparticles with about 6000 atoms, about 8.55*1019 Ni nanoparticles is obtained. Each Ni nanoparticle may be in contact with a catalyst nanoparticle that promotes the formation of Rydberg atoms and clusters. Even a very small probability for obtaining nuclear fusion near a single Ni nanoparticle becomes considerable and useful when all the 8.55*1019 probabilities are added together."

In one important way, Rossi's catalytic approach is more powerful than that of Pekka Soininen. Rossi uses up to 100 micron nickel particles which are sintered together from 5 micron COTS powder. The EMF power amplification factor that these various particles produce when aggregated is proportional to the SIZE SPREAD of the particles sizes used. A particle size spread between 100 microns and 1 nanometer produces a EMF power application factor of 10^15 when heat (infrared EMF) is converted to magnetic power.

See this reference for an explanation of how this amplification process works

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1405/1405.1657.pdf

Plasmonics with a twist: taming optical tornadoes on the nanoscale

See this for more detail involving EMF conversion processes

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1308/1308.0547.pdf

Extraordinary momentum and spin in evanescent waves

• Frank on E-catworld.com asked a very excellent question which points out a major inconsistency in the entire Rossi story -- how can the nickel be a catalyst if it is converted *entirely* from Ni-58 to Ni-62 during the Lugano Experiment? Note that the answer is highly evasive, typical for Rossi. The correct answer is "it can't be true" -- either it's wrong in the patent or it's wrong in the experiment report, or, as I suspect, it's wrong in both!

I think I understood Andrea Rossi's reply to my question.

It all depends on the definition of a catalyst and of a fuel (don't forget Magritte : « this is not a pipe »).

The Lugano report could make us consider that Nickel acts more as a fuel than as a catalyst, as more energy is released by Ni than by Li :

« If each 7 Li nucleus releases about 17 MeV we find then that the total energy available becomes 0.72 MWh. This is less than the 1.5
    MWh actually produced in our 32 days run, so more energy has to come from other reactions »

and :
    « We find then that there is about 2.2MWh available from the Nickel transformations. Accordingly, from Nickel and Lithium together there is about 3 MWh available, which is twice the amount given away in the test run.
    Consequently we can conclude that the amount of fuel is probably compatible with the energy release being measured, although a quantitative statement requires detailed knowledge of the prevailing reactions. »

IMHO, both Nickel and Lithium are probably fuel AND catalyst, in a broad sense, according to the various reactor and charge configurations.

I think this is part of Rossi's IP strategy.
    His new patent publication (on August 27th) seems to confirm this.

Best wishes
    Frederic Maillard

• Thanks Alain for enlightening me on the Mary/George defense. Hopefully she/he will stop wasting our LENR Forum space by posting paranoid delusions and wriggle on.

Let's move on to nanoscale hydrogen fusion experiments instead of this attack on Dr. Rossi. Someone previously posted that the vendetta may be the result of an unrequited love affair, maybe fusion related without hydrogen.

• "These chemicals uses as fuel are not fundamental to LENR, it is what these fuels produce that results in LENR. Those more fundamental elements are nanoparticles of the proper sizes and aggregations comprised of elements and/or chemical compounds."

Two forms of catalytic activity are present in nanoscale hydrogen fusion when a nickel catalyst is used. Both are transmutations related to proton to helium and nickel isotopic transmutations. A means of producing a molecular beam for injection of the high amu's into the RGA ionizer must be devised for the high amu analysis. I've measured both with a modified RGA.

• The insinuation that Dr. Rossi would salt the Lugano Experiment is ludicrous. Suggesting that a scientist of his caliber would take this risk is truly paranoid.
    If Mary Yugo is a professed expert in calorimetry as he states why not devote some effort directed at LENR research? If he can get off his paranoid kick.

• Official Post

The insinuation that Dr. Rossi would salt the Lugano Experiment is ludicrous. Suggesting that a scientist of his caliber would take this risk is truly paranoid.
    If Mary Yugo is a professed expert in calorimetry as he states why not devote some effort directed at LENR research? If he can get off his paranoid kick.

I am certainly not a supporter of MaryYugo's unconstructive criticism, but Rossi is definitely not a scientist of "large caliber". He studied chemistry and mainly philosophy and wrote a Ph. D. thesis about a philosophical topic not about natural sciences or engineering. He worked on using the Seebeck effect in Peltier elements for generating electricity from industrial waste heat, which is physical nonsense.

However, in contrast to MaryYugo I don't consider this as a reason to think, that the E-Cat is a scam.
    People can make mistakes and learn from them. Maybe Rossi did this.

I, however, am focussing on building a reactor based on the findings of Svein Olafsson and Leif Holmlid instead, because they documented their results properly and made them publically accessible without restriction, thus they are scientists. Rossi is not.

• I am certainly not a supporter of MaryYugo's unconstructive criticism, but Rossi is definitely not a scientist of "large caliber". He studied chemistry and mainly philosophy and wrote a Ph. D. thesis about a philosophical topic not about natural sciences or engineering. He worked on using the Seebeck effect in Peltier elements for generating electricity from industrial waste heat, which is physical nonsense.

However, in contrast to MaryYugo I don't consider this as a reason to think, that the E-Cat is a scam.
    People can make mistakes and learn from them. Maybe Rossi did this...

Maybe, but I strongly doubt it. Rossi's supposed learning of chemistry stems from a PhD degree in chemistry he claimed to have earned long ago. But this wasn't a real degree. He bought it from Kensington College, a diploma mill closed by the California authorities in 2003 for fraud.

Rossi has no achievements whatever EVER. Unless you count the environmental disaster he caused in Italy or the scam for thermoelectric devices which he perpetrated on the US Department of Defense (CERL branch). Links available if needed.

As to salting the Lugano reactor, it is the only explanation that makes sense. It is categorically impossible that all the nickel in the reactor would be transmuted precisely to nickel-62 alone and with no radioactivity. It is impossible that a reactor would continue to run when all its fuel (nickel-58) was exhausted. No Ni-58 was found in the ash-- none whatsoever. This is only compatible with Rossi buying Ni-62 and placing it in the ash when nobody was looking. He had ample opportunity because he handled the reactor and the ash repeatedly despite the silly claim that the Lugano runs were independent experiment, free of Rossi's participation. In fact, he participated heavily and repeatedly-- another in a long chain of Rossi lies.

• Official Post

Please stop allegating TEG story with the US army was a scam.
    It was yet another tentative to industrialize well known anisotropic structures that should allow better performing TEG.
    Rossi have proposed industrializable process able to reproduce what he did in lab painfully.
    It failed.
    his boss, like the US army were satisfied.

the rest is just conspiracy theory, yet another.

It seems that shutdown rossi hide 2 other reports about that story where US Army say more and which clearly confirms what is said in the other report.

that petrol dragon was a failure because of increased regulation on dioxin, on a polluting process, seems credible.
    that Rossi's TEG failure is certain, but that it was not so creative can be claimed.

anyway no evidence of fraud in both case.

Rossi is not an academic physicist, which allowed to dare what others did not dare. he is an entrepreneur, and maybe money is more important for him than what people imagine naively. anyway, money is probably also more important than what we imagine for Tom Darden, and this gives great credibility to his support.

• Thank you for the responses. Now I'm beginning to understand the underlying reasons for Dr. Rossi's popularity. It's unfortunate that these events have had a negative effect on the popularity of hydrogen fusion as an energy source. A form of nickel as a catalyst will cause hydrogen to fuse and basically produce only gamma radiation. The catalyst functions without undergoing any chemical change, transmutation is proton to helium based.

• Alain said:
    "The Ferrara and Lugano tests, and Tom Darden independent lest done as due diligence to allow funding are of greater importance."

We know of no Tom Darden DD test? We do know (because he said it at ICCF latest) that Darden backs research into LENR that he considers promising. It is long-term backing which is hands off an has no immediate expectation of results. Such backing does not require any DD. Darden could perhaps have believed Rossi a promising researcher taking his evaluation at face value. He could have been convinced by the Ferrara test - see below.

The Ferrara test was conducted by the same people as the Lugano test but was not as well documented. Specifically there was no detail about how the electrical power in was measured. We know from the Lugano test (that is know - not guess) that the combination of Rossi device + testers can result in subtle measurement errors that give false positives. It is entirely possible that some other false positive method contaminated the Ferrara test and that is what any scientist would conclude of a single scintific test, let alone one controlled by an inventor whose company's future funding rests on a positive result. You may think that multiple false positives equal fraud but that need not be true. Somone who is not rigorous in his methodology and tries different things to get an apparent positive will randomly hit false positives and negatives often. If they uncritically accept the false positives while viewing the negatives as error they can truly believe their device works.

Before Mary Yugo has apoplexy let me point out that I'm not interested in whether Rossi believes his devices to work (due to bad methodology and false positives) or whether he knows very well they do not and is laughing at everyone. My views on this matter cohere in either case and I find psychology, human motivation, etc a soft science area where certainties are hard to come by. The line between delusion and deliberation is a narrow one.

Now we come to the most significant test by far, from Lugano. A repeat of the Ferrara test but with tightened protocols meant to produce bullet-proof evidence of excess heat. indeed if Rossi had this it should be pretty easy to show it.

The Lugano test was of a device that Rossi claimed generated large amounts of excess heat. Rossi has been working on such devices for a long time, with consistent claims of easily measurable excess heat. Rossi chose the device to be tested, chose (or encouraged) the test method. Rosi wanted positive results to further his LENR patent application.

The test in fact showed no excess heat - I think even Alain agrees with this. Remarkably the testers (whom I do not accuse of fraud) misinterpreted experimental data to get what they thought was a bullet-proof positive result.

This is a very high level of mistake from the testers and (presumably) Rossi.

Given such blatant error it would be very unwise to expect other extraordinary measurements - the isotopic shift - not also to be error.

These observations would be extraordinary. Extreme fractionation of the sort suggested (98% purity) has never before been observed in any system, and is inherently unlikely. However, if we suppose there is such fractionation (Ni-62 concentrated in outside of grains) there is still no reason for an extraordinary nuclear mechanism. Fractionation as a physical process has been observed and is a good deal less extraordinary than nuclear reactions. there is plenty enough Ni-62 available without any transmutation, if we hypothesise some selective fractionation process that can result in high concentrations.

The zero excess heat observations - which are the independent part of the test - the ash was handled on insertion and removal by Rossi and is clearly not independent - show an electric heater - nothing more.

If we adopt Alain's hypothesis we have a number of implausibilities:
    (1) The device given to the testers, who test it with Rossi's advice, for some reason is only an electric heater when it is supposed to generate significant excess energy.
    (2) The testers use a method recommended by Rossi that just happens to show a X3 false positive of excess energy - but Rossi does not realise this from his own internal tests.
    (3) The 98% Ni-62 has to be an atypical sample of the whole, since otherwise energy balance fails.
    (4) The atypical sample could be either novel fractionation, or novel nuclear transmutation. The latter is much more unlikely since unusual fractionation processes have been found in the past, whereas transmutation is extraordinary both theoretically and experimentally. Entirely new.

My hypothesis for the same evidence is more plausible. It does not require fraud: the chance of Rossi getting ash contamination honestly are surely about as high as the chances of him giving a reactor that does not work up for 32 days testing when he has reactors that do work and he hinself said that a spare was available if one broke.

My hypothesis:
    The Ni-62 residue comes from contamination. Rossi is on record as saying (a long time ago) that Ni-62 enriched nickel is a required reactant for his process. I know this is inconsistent with what is implicit in these results, and the patent description now. Still, if Ni-62 was so important once it is not unreasonable to think that anything - bags - reactors - etc could be contaminated, on the surface, with Ni-62.

That is the "no duplicity" version of the hypothesis. It is unlikely, but less unlikely than what Alain requires.

The "duplicity" version - and note that duplicity is not legally or morally identical to fraud, though it could amount to fraud - is that Rossi swapped samples. There are three ways this could happen:
    (1) sleight of hand on sample insertion
    (2) sleight of hand on sample removal
    (3) reactor swapping between dummy and active tests

None of these are ruled out - the profs were not expecting or checking for any duplicitous action from Rossi, so such would be easy.

• I find these repeated debates - about Rossi's devices - frustrating.

The facts are that the best most independent test of Rossi's device shows no excess heat. Isotopic analysis from samples handled by Rossi show inexplicable and unexpected complete isotopic shift. The isotopic shift coincidentaly happens to be identical to that you get from easily purchasable isotopes. Careful radiation detection showed no high energy particles.

It is not necessary - and unhelpful for the matter at had - to speculate about Rossi's motives and therefore distinguish between incompetence/delusion and fraud. Yet that is what most people - both Mary yugo etc, and AlainCo - seem to be obsessed with.

Speculating about motives inflames the argument. Were I an investor in Rossi perhaps such a matter would be important. But for us the matter is whether the data shown is an example of LENR+ or a big distraction with null content. We resolve that argument better by leaving the matter of fraud/not fraud alone, and looking at the evidence.

The matter of Rossi's motives etc is interesting as a human drama - and I share that with others. To me that is less interesting, and certainly less important, than decoding the hard science. I always expect experiments to have unusual anomalous error mechanisms. From personal experience - things go wrong, and they do so in mysterious ways. Decoding that takes a lot of effort.

I don't see that effort in any of the positives Alain quotes, or in any of Rossi's tests except Lugano. There however the excess heat evidence (which had a better than usual amount of documentation) was in fact negative. The mistake the authors made could never have stood had their methodology been better. Lack of control reactor test, lack of control temperature measurement, except at much lower temperatures, all is a departure from commonly accepted standards of experiment and IR temperature measurement. Had they done such double checking they would have realised themselves that their temperature calculation was wrong and perhaps corrected it. The concept they missed was the distinction between band emissivity and total emissivity - simple when you realise it.

Others here may perhaps begin to agree with me when they consider the various mistakes made in the attempted replications. MFMP deserve credit for sticking to the topic, and you can be sure they have no positive results that stand up - but they are certainly looking for these! In the process we discover many ways that these types of measurements can be anomalous. None of this error is likely to be fraud.

• Official Post

there is no solid evidence that the E-cat produce no heat.
    there is some probability that the COP is much lower than expected, but it is not even sure.
    the COP=1 is your theory, mine is COP 1.6 at your claimed temperature (I account for calibration at 450W which was 450C thus emissivity 0.7, thus hot emissivity at 0.7 max).
    COP=1, 1.6 or 3.6 raise all question.

You are right that there is question, but what is not questionable is that Tom Darden put his name behind that device, and that the scam can be excluded by complexity, and that the 1MW test is necessarily real or Tom darden would have fleed since long.
    if the test is running, it is that it is working...

the innuendo about rossi advising a bad method is simply not realistic, as it was too dangerous as physicist could have changed their mind, or simply put a black dot (they should, they even tried but it did not work), or

the simple existence of that test show that it was honest.
    if you rule out the scam, the fraud to hid it does not work (not the same story), then there is somewhere an E-cat that work.

the ferrara test, if you take the conclusion that E-cat is real, and accounting the less but real independence to measure what they wanted, it is clear the reactor was supposed working, and it was measured working.
    it even melted.

the conspiracy theories simply don't match facts.

the possibility that E-cat does not have n industrial potential is not even credible.

question about lugano is whether
    - the emissivity was what was said and the result match what was expected, not what we imagined from other experiments
    - the emissivity was wrong, making the E-cat excited at a too low temperature, with a low COP below 2
    - something not identified making the calibration at 450W behave in a strange way nobody identified and COP=1 at low temperature

note that the clamp theory is is ruled out.

• I find these repeated debates - about Rossi's devices - frustrating.

The facts are that the best most independent test of Rossi's device shows no excess heat. Isotopic analysis from samples handled by Rossi show inexplicable and unexpected complete isotopic shift. The isotopic shift coincidentaly happens to be identical to that you get from easily purchasable isotopes. Careful radiation detection showed no high energy particles.

These so called fact you are referring to is your own interpretations of a limited data set, and are not really "facts" at all.

It may come as a big surprise to you, Thomas Clarke, that some people might find your arrogant selection of information and consequent quasi analysis as quite frustrating as well, to express it in a diplomatic way. But you have showed you true face before, and your pathoskeptic nature is evident.

Hence I ignore your I'll informed prose, or usually so. Making this exception, just to inform the readers of this forum, that you are clueless as to what the real facts are in this matter, as you do not have neither the data nor the basic inclination to treat this subject fairly.

• @Alain

Did you actually read the CERL report? This one: http://newenergytimes.com/v2/s…ThermoelectricDevices.pdf ??

Be sure to read the description of the garbage Rossi delivered to CERL for $2 million +. "anisotropic structures"? NONSENSE! Rossi delivered plain, commercially available Seebeck effects cooling plates which Gary Wright traced to a San Diego company. The plates originated in Russia and the ones Rossi bought seem to have been rejects. Rossi simply sloppily and crudely painted them blue! Rossi wrote in his idiotic blog that he moved " a dozen atoms " to make the prototype. More NONSENSE. I think by this point even Rossi isn't sure when he's lying, he has done it so long and so flagrantly. The thermoelectric fiasco was a scam, pure and simple (sorry, Thomas Clarke). There is no other possible explanation unless you want to claim Rossi was insane but he certainly doesn't seem crazy.

Alain, you really have to start thinking for yourself instead of regurgitating the absolute crappola written by Rossi in his misnamed blog.

@FreethinkerLenr
    If you have a problem with Clarke's calculations and assumptions, please write down your issues and arguments. Thomas Clarke has made the most cogent and credible analysis yet of the Lugano experiment and of where the Swedish scientists and Dr. Levi went wrong. It's fine if you don't like it but explain where it's wrong! Otherwise, you're simply making yourself look foolish.

@Thomas Clarke
    I started examination of Rossi's claims in 2011, very much wanting to believe them. But when I saw Rossi's reactions to simple and polite requests for improving his demos with controls and calibrations, I began to doubt. Each and every experiment was different from the previous and for no apparent reason. Each was seriously flawed, each time in a different way. Rossi ignored all attempts, even by enthusiasts, to correct the issues. His power out vs power in ratio (Q, COP or whatever) clearly decreased sharply with each claim and demonstration as did his absolute power level. Nothing suggest expected progress in the 8 years since Rossi claimed he heated an entire building with an ecat (2007) in his patent application. Everything suggested free energy fraud.

When I read the report of CERL and Rossi's explanation of why the high efficiency thermoelectric device he had claimed to invent was dropped, it became clear to me that this was yet another flagrant and obvious fraud requiring only a little knowledge to understand.

Then, I read Krivit's diligent, cautious and thorough summary of Rossi Italian crimes, including dumping directly from his tanks of toxic waste into irrigation channels, it became crystal clear to me that the man was a fraud and his claims were a scam. It was only a frosting on the cake that Rossi bought a PhD in chemistry from a diploma mill, Kensington College, which never taught any courses and was closed for fraud in 2003 by the courts of California. Finally, almost every major early distributor of Rossi's ecat from 2011 was a fraud, from Roger Green in Australia selling expensive distributorships world wide for products that did not exist, to that nut case and crook in Germany who also "sold" electromagnetic free energy machine whose claimed capacity would have dwarfed Rossi's megawatt plant. Everything Rossi says and does is devious, evasive, tangential and unreliable. He's had 4 years (8 years if you believe his factory heater fable) to get his wondrous machine properly tested and as you proved, he has yet to do so. So by now, I think the burden of proof that he is *not* still a crook is on his believers. Sorry if I offend your sensibilities. I simply hate scammers. They waste decent people's time, money and resources. They prevent proper research in the area they chose for scamming.

I predict nothing will be better one year or two years from now. Those who predict widespread adoption of Rossi's machines "soon" made the same predictions 2 years and 4 years ago. Unfortunately, for most free energy scams, the possible recovery is not worth bringing forth a lawsuit and the crimes committed are too subtle to bring to a jury for prosecution, so sadly, the perpetrators get away with it.

• George,

What would be the purpose to engage you or Thomas Clarke in a discussion about what is wrong with your ill informed opinions of a whole field of physics. Seriously, I don't care about your constant drivel any more. It is utterly useless to engage you, Thomas Clarke, or any other pathoskeptic on this matter. Mind you, it is not a lack of trying. But it is useless and a complete waste of time. And infact, it is what you want. So no, there will not be a prolonged inane debate about the value of Thomas Clarke's "pièce de résistance".

Both you and him are undeniably very odd characters, spending so much time writing your, amusing at best, prose in a forum like this, where the absolute majority are informed individuals who has looked into the scientific evidence, found it to be both abundant and compelling, and certainly of credibility, and thus being forward looking in their minds. You are but the twig on the path, an obstacle easily surpassed and ignored.

You may find Thomas Clarke's analysis both compelling and thoroughly built. What a surprise. Be my guest to enjoy that moment of your common truth. Reality is that you both, as with all who reject new emerging ideas, that you cannot, even with a solid scientific education, accept that what goes beyond your preconceived notions, and hard wired learnings, even with the compelling and abundant facts that is present, accumulated over 25 years.

You, George, are so easy to ignore, because you bring nothing to the table. Thomas Clarke atleast make some efforts in trying to motivate his opinions at time, however futile and misguided they may be.

• Patent NO.: US 9,115,913 B1 is a worthless document.

Serves to illustrate why the Inventor Andrea Rossi is useful as a scapegoat for undermining the utilization of hydrogen fusion as an energy source. Household use will have to wait until Big Oil has full control of the situation.

Call up ( US 9,115,913 B1) for review if you have a strong stomach for extreme Lawyerese. The FIG. illustrations are comical and may be worth the effort.

FreeThinkerLenr2, my ramblings on hydrogen fusion have some basis for support. I've run a nickel compound reactor with extreme heat output in my lab. when fusing hydrogen to produce helium. This was in no way a "Rossi's" device.

• Patent NO.: US 9,115,913 B1 is a worthless document.

Serves to illustrate why the Inventor Andrea Rossi is useful as a scapegoat for undermining the utilization of hydrogen fusion as an energy source. Household use will have to wait until Big Oil has full control of the situation.

Call up ( US 9,115,913 B1) for review if you have a strong stomach for extreme Lawyerese. The FIG. illustrations are comical and may be worth the effort.

FreeThinkerLenr2, my ramblings on hydrogen fusion have some basis for support. I've run a nickel compound reactor with extreme heat output in my lab. when fusing hydrogen to produce helium. This was in no way a "Rossi's" device.

How much power did your reactor make in excess of input? How did you measure it? Have you thought about publishing your result in at least an LENR-friendly journal (no! not Rossi's)?

• "How much power did your reactor make in excess of input? How did you measure it? Have you thought about publishing your result in at least an LENR-friendly journal (no! not Rossi's)?"

The thermal runaway at 830 C. for my NiO reactor destroyed the chromel/alumel couples. Ruined my data collecting capability. Protocol I've posted on this forum. My experiment goes back 50 years when the serendipitously assembled reactor fused hydrogen and ruined the NiO/Al2O3 catalyst. The breathtaking beauty of the reaction needs no repetition, I've seen it already. Certainly not new, it's star energy.

With the world wide postings related to nickel catalyzed hydrogen fusion there is no doubt that p+p->He is real. This almost free source of energy is on the horizon if you stand on a tall mountain looking at the horizon.

Mary, when are you going to use your knowledge of calorimetry to measure this reaction?

• Official Post

on rossi and his TEG, there is nothing to support your theory in the report.
    the interpretation I game match the reaction of US army, it was a test of industrialization on a direction that everybody test today (anisotropic structures), and that fails... it failed again. need more time.
    Not even sure LTI did not pay to test his device.

for Thomas I have already published by computations half a dozen of time, I'm tired.

the idea is this one :
    the calibration was done at 450C, 450W verified by thermocouple, and emissivity was verified 0.7
    emissivity of alumina does down above 450C, whatever you imagine of the effect of fins, transparency, it will stay stable or go down.
    note that 0.7 is incompatible with claim of 0.9... mystery. It suggest we a wrong, me and thomas.

assume the decrease of emissivity is negligible and it stays at 0.7.
    then the COP is about 1.6, not 3.6, and notice that the COP between 800W and 900W is above 1, even if it have grown at 0.9 by magic...

there is a problem in all theories,and the physicist theory at least is coherent with itself.

anyway whatever we imagine for emissivity, the circumstantial evidence of Tom Darden, enhanced by the existence and protocolof Ferara and Lugano test, are totally incompatible with
    - fraud
    - delusion
    - low COP

this is Apolo style of conspiracy, time to stay on earth.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.