Media/News/Video Library-No discussions please

• Irving is back in the LENR game it seems, here's a very recent paper with some (limited) info on superwaves, his magic method of triggering LENR. He shows it works for every system.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228677537_Intensification_of_low_energy_nuclear_reactions_using_superwave_excitation

I suspect that this is two oscillator circuits with the lower frequency one stable and the superimposed peaks being driven by a second higher-frequency oscillator circuit whose output voltage from base to peak is driven and controlled by the instantaneous voltage in the first circuit.

I don't think it's a huge problem - in fact the double trace shown in this paper could almost be represented by a single trace.

• Attached is the CFRL News No. 116 with following items;

1. My paper “Peculiarities of Physics and Chemistry in the Transition Metal Hydrides” will be published in the JCMNS Vol. 37 (2022), ISSN 2227-3123.

2. DOE, USA, will fund up to $10 million to establish for the low-energy nuclear reactions (LENR) research.

3. The paper H. Kozima, “A Sketch of the Solid State-Nuclear Sciences” presented at the 23rd International Conference on the Cold Fusion (ICCF23) was published as the Reports of the CFRL 22-1, pp. 1 – 28 (January 2022).

The News of the DOE funding of 10 million for the LENR is a very good one for the development of the science of the solid state nuclear physics.

Hoping your successful activities in your work,

Hideo Kozima Cold Fusion Research Laboratory Yatsu 597-16, Aoi, Shizuoka, 421-1202, Japan

• This is a poster abstract that was uploaded 2 weeks ago and has an interesting description but seems to have not been presented yet, does anyone know which event is this?

https://abstracts-regional.ise-online.org/infiles/doc_production/reg220239.pdf

Electrodeposition of Pd on CR-39

Kimmo Pyyhtiä, Pekka Peljo

Battery Materials and Technologies, Materials Engineering, University of Turku, Finland

[email protected]

Anomalous heat and energetic particle generation in electrochemical co-deposition of Pd/D has been a

controversial problem since the first reports of such effects in late 1980s. During the “cold fusion boom”

of 1990s the phenomenon was widely researched but no conclusive results were achieved and low energy

nuclear reaction was labeled mostly as pseudoscience. Some research has continued until present day and

there has been growing interest in recent years on revisiting the topic of cold fusion as the world is in ever

more dire need of new sustainable energy generation technologies.

One of the greatest problems with cold fusion, along with the lack of suitable theoretical framework, is

the low reproducibility of the experiments, especially the ones where excess heat has been reported. The

basis of this work performed within the Horizon 2020 FET Proactive project HERMES has been in

reproducing experiments performed by Mosier-Boss et. al. [1-2] and in identifying what variables affect

the number of observed energetic particle tracks left on CR-39 nuclear track detectors.

In this work Pd/D co-deposition was performed in an electrochemical cell in the presence of a CR-39

nuclear track detector. Upon depositing palladium on Ag wire, dendritic structures were formed and after

the multi-day experiments had finished the etched CR-39 detectors were analyzed for signs of high

energy particles. Energetic particles break the polymer chains of CR-39 plastic which grow into visible

pits when etched with an alkaline solution. The experiments were performed with many combinations of

different electroactive species (PdCl2, CuCl2, PtCl2) with different supporting electrolytes (LiCl and KCl)

and dissolved in either H2O or D2O. The contents of the electrolytes before and after the experiments

were analyzed with ICP-MS to detect possible deviations of Pd isotope ratios from the natural abundance

ratios. We will summarize our results in this poster.

Discussed here The European LENR project HERMES - Page 3 - News - LENR Forum (lenr-forum.com)

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• A new paper of impact targets to produce super heavy elements by cold fusion using targets of Bismuth and Lead.

Heavy ion fusion with lead and bismuth targets - Pramana
    The cold fusion reactions with lead and bismuth as targets were used in the synthesis of superheavy elements (SHE) with mass number up to 113. Researchers…
    link.springer.com

Heavy ion fusion with lead and bismuth targets

Pramana volume 96, Article number: 146 (2022) Cite this article

38 Accesses

Metrics details

Abstract

The cold fusion reactions with lead and bismuth as targets were used in the synthesis of superheavy elements (SHE) with mass number up to 113. Researchers ignored the cold fusion reactions in the synthesis of SHE>113. This may be due to the improper choice of projectiles. The present study focusses on cold fusion reactions leading to the formation of SHE from Z=112

to 126. Suitable projectiles for the fusion reaction using 208Pb and 209Bi targets were identified. The fusion and evaporation residue cross-sections are evaluated using advance statistical model. The produced cross-sections were compared with the available experiments. Suitable projectiles for synthesising the superheavy elements with Z=104–126 using lead and bismuth targets are predicted. The predicted production cross-sections vary from nanobarn (nb) to picobarn (pb). The use of spherical–spherical projectile and target yields larger cross-sections than spherical–deformed or deformed–spherical projectile and target combination.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• This is a poster abstract that was uploaded 2 weeks ago and has an interesting description but seems to have not been presented yet, does anyone know which event is this?

https://abstracts-regional.ise…_production/reg220239.pdf

ISE Regional Meeting in Prague, August 15th to 19th

International Society of Electrochemistr

Symposium 7 Physical electrochemistry (s7-008 Pyyhtiä, Peljo)

https://regional.ise-online.org/img-Prague/Program/s7_posters.pdf

• Akihito Takahashi adds new report on his ResearchGate project, they had to switch from their previous “C system” to a new and improved “D system” which provides more accurate thermometry and Can withstand higher temperatures. They claim the C system was not being able to capture and thus was under reporting the excess heat. IMHO this is great news.

Abstract:

We have studied the so-called AHE (anomalous heat effect) by calorimetry of our C-system. The C-system was designed to make accurate detection of excess thermal power larger than several W/kg-sample. By our latest data with significant increase of excess thermal power of the MHE (nano-metal hydrogen energy) experiment, we have met to needs for improving the system. Especially in cases of observing 200W/kg-sample level excess power evolution using re-calcined PNZ-and CNZ-type MHE powder-samples, we have found some drawbacks in calorimetry with the C-system. We have therefore developed a new system, called D-system. In our new system (D-system), we have made the following improvements: a) Heat recovery system to cover higher temperature conditions as over 500°C of hydrogen gas condition of reaction chamber b) Increase detection points of heat sensors c) Reaction chamber assembly with high temperature-tight performance One drawback of the C-system was due to the problem that calorimetry inaccuracy became very large (underestimation) when coolant oil temperature reached at boiling point (ca. 350°C). In the D-system, we use the heat recovery by radiation heat transfer from the surface of reaction chamber settled in outer vacuum chamber. As a result, we can operate H-gas feeding runs with MHE sample powder to extend for much higher temperature conditions. We can take characteristic AHE data of excess thermal power with additional key data as evolution of H/Ni loading ratio. Characteristic feature of latest AHE data will be shown by another paper in this JCF22 meeting.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Akito-Takahashi-2/publication/363696764_New_MHE_Experiments_by_D-System/links/632a73c50a708521500d0634/New-MHE-Experiments-by-D-System.pdf?_sg%5B0%5D=_o8JX8Fh52csgfIvJcibKuv9B-xF4WRsq64xQVbKvEs5ax79MbKJZCaAmuo5sWJI24ujmDRZaZjUuHCeH2VWtw.HLCh-uMuIDSlSJijza9oJWLRItcW3XEZNyi-F_siQ8g266e4erBh2-OaHXui_8t-OLW9PNEXz9CJsx8rFaJaXw&_sg%5B1%5D=X2wKQx7njnric1ZDG-XH9hiulge2yNMWTlP2GFu_6xp8AoWmV1uFaf-l2r0TeLi1xZiiz1OXoNNvyAGwBQQ52_HLfQ5JsYlDNs_m0ryfhJpY.HLCh-uMuIDSlSJijza9oJWLRItcW3XEZNyi-F_siQ8g266e4erBh2-OaHXui_8t-OLW9PNEXz9CJsx8rFaJaXw&_iepl=

• Theresa Benyo and Lawrence Forsley are looking for ways to improve existing Nuclear Reactions Modeling Software to incorporate below 1MeV and Electron Screening effects in the modeling.

The presentation outline is shared in this link:

https://custom.cvent.com/184F82DD73C94B5DA7BCE5DA8F257665/files/event/248345be235644959142f8f72c74ef71/0c02feb8415f49a19fc5db719fc756ea.pdf

MCNP Fusion Modeling of Electron-Screened Ions

L. Forsley1 and T. Benyo2

1Global Energy Corporation, San Diego, CA, United States

2NASA Glenn Research Center, Cleveland, OH, United States

Corresponding Author Email: [email protected]

• I don’t know if this has been already posted here and I don’t recall having done so, but as is it a publication coming from nuclear engineers and trying to explain LENR, or at least narrowing down the place where to look for, I think is good to post It again, specially thinking on the recent presentation of Lynn Bowen at IWHALM.

A Critical Survey of Cold Fusion: aneutronic chain reactions or collective effects?

After decades of research and intriguing observations, the cold fusion field still lacks a comprehensive model capable of explaining or predicting experimental results. Without proposing a specific theory, this work aims at narrowing down the search space to facilitate the creation of a workable model. The methodology we have used involved seven steps. The first step proposed that cold fusion is caused by either aneutronic chain reactions or by collective effects. The second step identified four different scenarios and considered their relative likelihood of being true or false. The third step identified the common characteristics, or “experimental facts”, found in various cold fusion laboratory tests. The fourth step attempted to predict the “experimental facts” by using each of the four scenarios and to identify for each scenario, the enabling conditions required to make each scenario true. The fifth step searched for confirmation of each enabling condition in the cold fusion literature. The sixth step used published experimental results to validate and evaluate the relative importance of each enabling condition. The seventh and final step ascertained the probability of each scenario being the proper explanation of cold fusion. Using the above seven step process in conjunction with most of the published cold fusion literature has resulted in the conclusion that chain reactions acting in conjunction with collective effects best describes a workable model for Cold Fusion and yields the best fit to published “experimental facts”. As a further aid in evaluating Cold Fusion results, we present a set of questions that can be used to channel future research and thereby make it more productive.

Keywords: Cold Fusion (CF), Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR), Lattice-Assisted Nuclear Reactions (LANR), Lattice Confinement Fusion (LCF), Anomalous Heat Excess (AHE)

https://deliverypdf.ssrn.com/delivery.php?ID=562116100073091028029095092070118005049000001037065088099010039126104116004019040023103049116116016089117073083104013031004021004068078090030009099126112024109091024087066116074078010028019106002055055104021106068038030123117118087112076072127064008073000094019121001030104122072005096093082004093&EXT=pdf&INDEX=TRUE

• On fusion/fission chain reactions in the Fleischmann-Pons cold fusion experiment

Anghaie, S.; Froelich, P.; Monkhorst, H.J.

American Nuclear Society

Fusion Science and Technology -- ANS / Publications / Journals / Fusion Science and Technology

1990-01-01

In this paper the possibility of fusion/fission chain reactions following d-d source reactions in electrochemical cold fusion experiments have been investigated. The recycling factors for the charged particles in fusion reactions with consumable nuclei deuteron, 6 Li nd 7 Li, are estimated. It is concluded that, based on the established nuclear fusion cross sections and electronic stopping power, the recycling factor is four to five orders of magnitude less than required for close to critical conditions. It is argued that the cross generation of charged particles by neutrons does not play a significant role in this process, even if increased densities at the surface of electrodes do occur.

• I don’t know if this has been already posted here

Thanks for the Elsevier link. It helped me

find this, which I seem to remember being discussed here...

Perhaps in Players category

If not... Worthy of it's own thread for discussions etc

This Nuclear Physics/Engineering group from Brazil has some ties with George Miley. Exploring each authors publications on Research Gate lends insight. Hop around find what else we can. Also the Elsevier preprint allows you to engage in scientific discourse with each author.

I get a hunch we will see another LENR Doctoral Thesis from this group.

The citations are rich in recent NASA research findings... Studious Skeptics study patent and research citations.

Preliminary Survey on Cold Fusion: It’s Not Pathological Science and May Require Revision of Nuclear Theory

Nov 2021

Luciano Ondir Freire

Delvonei Alves de Andrade

Also this

A Preliminary Proposal for a Hybrid Lattice Confinement Fusion-Fission Reactor for Mobile Nuclear Power Plants

Mar 2022

Luciano Ondir Freire

Delvonei Alves de Andrade

Research Gate

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/358944306_A_Preliminary_Proposal_for_a_Hybrid_Lattice_Confinement_Fusion-Fission_Reactor_for_Mobile_Nuclear_Power_Plants

Curbina Big Big Thanks

• These two I am sure I have posted them before in this thread, just so you know. And one of these was even mentioned in one of our newsletters as it was the most read article in the Journal of Analytic Electrochemistry at some point.

• New Paper from Hideo Kozima:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Hideo-Kozima/publication/363564512_Peculiarities_of_Physics_and_Chemistry_in_the_Transition_Metal_Hydrides/links/63229ea2071ea12e36348668/Peculiarities-of-Physics-and-Chemistry-in-the-Transition-Metal-Hydrides.pdf

Abstract

Since the discovery of nuclear reactions in PdDx alloys in 1989, there have been accumulated very many experimental data sets showing existence of nuclear reactions in materials composed of lattice nuclei of transition metals and occluded hydrogen isotopes (let us call them the CF materials, for short) resulting in various nuclear products such as transmuted nuclei, tritium, neutrons, and others accompanied with large excess energies at relatively low temperatures up to 1000 ºC (let us call these whole events the cold fusion phenomenon (CFP), for short).

As the cause of these nuclear reactions in the CFP, we have to accept the existence of the interactions between nucleons in the CF material through the nuclear force, i.e. the weak interaction (let us call this interaction the nuclear-force interaction, for short) recognized in the nuclear physics. It should be emphasized that our phenomenological approach based on the nuclear-force interaction between lattice nuclei and occluded hydrogen isotopes has been successful to give qualitative and sometimes semi quantitative explanations for the events in the CFP.

In this paper, we have given contemplations of the effect of the nuclear force interaction revealed in the CFP on physics and chemistry in transition metal hydrides where have been observed the peculiar phenomena such as the super-diffusivity, HER (hydrogen electrode deposition), and UPD (underpotential deposition) for long without satisfactory explanation consistent with other characteristics of the materials.

It is shown that the fundamental mechanism giving a consistent explanation of the CFP seems also an essential factor giving rise to the peculiar characteristics observed in the transition-metal hydrides even if the necessary condition for the CFP is not satisfied there.

• Novel Technological Developments with Impacts on Perspectives for Mobile Nuclear Power Plants

Luciano Ondir Freire, Delvonei Alves de Andrade Nuclear Engineering Center, Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares (IPEN-CNEN/SP), São Paulo, Brazil

Abstract

New research developments suggest that nuclear reactors using fusion may enter the market sooner than imagined even for mobile applications, like merchant ship propulsion and remote power generation. This article aims at pointing such developments and how they could affect nuclear fusion. The method is enumerating the main nuclear reactors concepts, identifying new technological or theoretical developments useful to nuclear field, and analys-ing how new recombination could affect feasibility of nuclear fusion.

New technologies or experimental results do not always work the way people imagine, being better or worse for intended effects or even bringing com-pletely unforeseen effects. Results point the following designs could be suc-cessful, in descending order of potential: aneutronic nuclear reactions using lattice confinement, aneutronic nuclear reactions using inertial along mag-netic confinement, hybrid fission-lattice confinement fusion, and fission reactions.

• From Sindre Zeiner-Gundersen on linkedin...

I’m happy to share that I’m starting a new position as Principal Process Engineer at Scatec ASA! With a key focus on power to X, developing sustainable projects using renewable energy to produce Hydrogen, Ammonia and Methanol. I am looking forward to work for a more sustainable future.

• Cold Fusion is Back (there's just one problem)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.