Media/News/Video Library-No discussions please

• A TedX on Cold Fusion, in Boston

by Frank Hiroshi Ling "Chief Scientist At Anthropocene Institute"

citing Nasa...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not yet a video.

Event until this 15th of novembre.

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• Thanks!!! I recognize that Dilbert Strip.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• New material separates H20 from D2O at room temperature

Separation differential:

H2O 25.2 mL g–1 vs. D2O 15.4 mL g–1 at 298 K),

revealing that the diffusion of H2O was faster than that of D2O

Material separates water from … water

New material separates water from heavy water
    A research group led by Susumu Kitagawa of Kyoto University's Institute for Cell-Material Sciences (iCeMS), Japan and Cheng Gu of South China University of…
    phys.org

• ITER CHOOSES INTEGRITY OVER FANTASY.

Read the whole story ere:-

New Head of ITER Organization Withdraws Reactor Net Energy Claim

By Steven B. Krivit

November 15, 2022

The ITER organization has revised both its English-language and French-language web sites to more accurately describe the goals of the ITER program, and to remove the misleading claim that the ITER reactor is designed to produce net energy.

The Old Regime

Six years ago, I requested the net energy correction through investigations published in New Energy Times and in my direct communications with ITER leadership, including Bernard Bigot, the former director-general of the ITER organization.

The ITER organization made limited corrections after I published the fact, on Oct. 6, 2017, that the ITER reactor as a whole was designed to consume at least 300 megawatts of electricity rather than 50 megawatts. But Bigot refused to withdraw the misleading energy claims from his organization’s Web site.

Four years later, Bigot falsely claimed during an Oct. 27, 2021, hearing of the French Senate’s Committee on Economic Affairs that the projected power gain for the overall reactor is between three and five times the power it is designed to consume. This claim was untrue because ITER has a projected electrical input of at least 300 MW (more likely 440 MW) and a projected thermal output of 500 MW. Bigot died on May 14, 2022.

The New Regime

On Sept. 14, 2022, the ITER Council appointed Bigot’s successor, Pietro Barabaschi. A month later, the ITER organization published a news story saying that Barabaschi intended to emphasize “collaboration and integrity.”

On Oct. 29, 2022, I wrote to Barabaschi, congratulated him on his appointment, and applauded his intention. I encouraged him to publish accurate and transparent power claims about the reactor.

I told Barabaschi that, in 2018, when members of the European Parliament escalated the matter of misleading power claims to the European Commission, Commissioner Arias Cañete responded, “The IO Web site now states unambivalently that the performance of ITER will be assessed by the so-called fusion Q, i.e., by comparing the thermal power output of the plasma with the thermal power input into the plasma.” Although Cañete had accurately described how the distinction should be communicated publicly, the ITER organization Web site had not done so.

Barabaschi wrote back to me a day later.

“I can confirm that immediately after my selection, some weeks ago, I asked Laban [Coblentz, the head of ITER communications] and his team to review the messaging on the ITER public Web site. You will see the resulting changes over time,” Barabaschi wrote.

• ... "an interdisciplinary team of >40 scientists and engineers who design and build electrochemical reactors to power the planet. We are seeking highly motivated, self-driven individuals to join a sub-group that studies nuclear fusion at low energy in solid-state materials."

Discussed here Google (UBC/MIT/LBNL) post Nature updates. - Page 12 - Russian - LENR Forum (lenr-forum.com)

• Upcoming talk by Clean Planet.

Clean Planet Inc.
    2022年12月1日(木) 16:30~18:30、日本計画研究所にて、弊社の執行役員・吉野伸 CTEO(Chief Thermal Engineering Officer)が講演をいたします。 クリーンエネルギーにご興味がある方はぜひご参加下さい! オンライン視聴も可能です。 「核融合・量子水素エネルギー…
    www.facebook.com

• Probably this article on “Atomic Insights” was already posted, as is from August and about ICCF 24, by Valerie Gardner who is from Nucleation Capital rising interest for investment in LENR. I am posting it again because the article is very positive and in the comment section there’s controversy and both Valerie Gardner and Florian Metzler got involved in the discussion with a skeptic audience.

How Hot is Cold Fusion? - Atomic Insights
    The 24th International Conference on Cold Fusion (ICCF24) was held at the lovely and spacious Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA over four days in
    atomicinsights.com

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Interesting to read the comments- Florian Metzler giving his all to some snarky commentators. I also note at least one of our recent members joining in.

This is why I thought to post this, the comments sections became heated and Florian and Valerie went in in full force. Perhaps we need to copy this in the glamour thread, how glamorous is to get a public controversy with highly qualified people in the controversial side of the controversy?

• Brian Josephson is giving a talk on ‘Dynamic Nature: a Better Basis for Physics?' to the Cavendish Laboratory 'Theory of Condensed Matter Group' on Thursday Dec. 1st at 2 pm GMT, which is 9am EST and (sorry!) 6am PST. Details including a Zoom link are available at http://talks.cam.ac.uk/talk/index/193474. A recording should be available later, check back on that web page to get the link when it is available.

"According to Rosen, complex systems have no largest model, casting doubt on the idea that there exists a single equation describing all of reality. Wheeler proposed instead that there are no fixed laws of nature, but rather laws created by the activity of intelligent observers. In the lecture I will expand on this proposal, using a combination of existing approaches in biology to characterise in some detail a new ‘dynamic nature’ paradigm. Here Wheeler’s hypothesised ‘observer-participancy’ has a ‘design’ aspect, accounting for well-known aspects of nature in new ways."

• Albeit not directly mentioning LENR at all, this piece from the WEF called my attention because it invites investors to increase their participation on Fusion development, and talks about 2030 as a potential time frame for fusion power to be a commercual reality.

The nuclear fusion-heat pump nexus could solve our winter woes
    Nuclear fusion could transform the world's energy system, our lives and our homes. The global energy crisis is clear evidence that we must keep investing in it.
    www.weforum.org

• Paper published in the "US Army War College Quarterly: Parameters" Journal mentions Cold Fusion as a potential cause of Positive Strategic Shock.

Abstract

A concept of positive strategic shock would benefit the US Department of Defense’s planning processes. Some US doctrine demonstrates awareness of the need to plan for negative strategic shocks but lacks consideration of positive strategic shock—any shock with a non-zero-sum outcome—which could create a situation where the Department of Defense misses opportunities. This article clarifies the term positive strategic shock, provides a brief review of where and how planning for any sort of strategic shock currently occurs, and makes recommendations based on three methods for thinking about strategic shock.

Planning for Positive Strategic Shock in the Department of Defense
    A concept of positive strategic shock would benefit the US Department of Defense’s planning processes. Some US doctrine demonstrates awareness of the need to…
    press.armywarcollege.edu

The specific mention is as follows:

Looking to the future, the Department of Defense should anticipate the possibilities of cold fusion and asteroid mining as potentially non-zero-sum and strategically significant.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This video is interesting because that 's well highlight that by classic physic postulates the sun can't fuse.

Even if i'm not agree with the link that the author do between muons and cold fusion.

However he well explain the need of tricks to lower the barrier of potential.

Now basically,what is the sun ? Only gases highly compressed so only an amorphous structure.

That means it doesn't stick with the regular cristal structure often expected for Lenr.

In this way, the Storms postulate with hydrogen atoms aligned should not work, i think for example (nor cracks)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.