Media/News/Video Library-No discussions please

• My response to their bullshit:

You people need to review the literature more carefully before commenting on this subject. Cold fusion was replicated in over 180 major laboratories such as Los Alamos, China Lake, and BARC. These replications were published in mainstream, peer-reviewed journals by many distinguished scientists, such as the Chairman of the Indian Atomic Energy Commission. Many of the replications were at very high signal to noise ratios, for example, with excess heat ranging from 5 to 100 W, and tritium ranging from 50 to 10E16 times background. Helium has been measured in many labs, in blind tests, at the same ratio to the heat as D-D plasma fusion. A review of the subject is here:

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/McKubreMCHcoldfusionb.pdf

Note also that funding for cold fusion by the EU, NASA, the Army, Navy and the DoE have increased substantially this year. The Community Research and Development Information Service (CORDIS), which is the European Commission's source of information on projects funded by the EU, recently described projects by 16 major laboratories at universities and corporations in Europe, along with the U.S. Army, Navy, and NASA and the DoE. See:

QUOTE:

“Indications of nuclear events, typically weak neutron emissions and strong anomalous exothermic reactions have been detected during experiments based on Ni/C, Ni/Cu, Ni/Al, and other catalyzing elements both under hydrogen or deuterium atmosphere. . . . During a significant number of successful experiments, strong [excess heat] have been measured, thus demonstrating the effectiveness of the applied reaction activating procedures.

[T]he total absence of climate affecting emissions from the [fusion] generators could give a real, effective contribution to the containment of ongoing climate changes. . . .”

Information on NASA, U.S. Army and Navy research projects is here:

News

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Transcript here..

#353 – Dennis Whyte: Nuclear Fusion and the Future of Energy - Transcripts
    Dennis Whyte is a nuclear scientist at MIT and the director of the MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center. Please support this podcast by checking out o...
    steno.ai

Maybe its worth a comment on YT....500.000 views or so

if Dennis Whyte "pokes his head in: once this year..

there's more fusion in Storms or Iwamura's expts than at NIF.. but its not 'hot'

TM 2.41.53

"So there are people who are genuine, you know, that really want to see it make it,

,, I mean, we know fusion happens at these high energies.

we know it's extremely accurately,

I can show you a plot that shows that as you go to lower, lower energy,

it basically becomes immeasurable.

So if you're going down this other pathway, it means there's really

a very different physical mechanism involved..

I actually poke in my head once in a while to see what's going on in that area.

And as scientists, we should always try to make ourselves open.

but show me something that I can measure and that it's repeatable,

it's going to take more extraordinary effort.

And to date, this has not met that threshold,

TM 2.26.01

"Because everybody knew fusion was 40 years away. And now it's four years..

• Another scientists blabbing on about cold fusion without knowing anything about it. What is it with these people? They don't do ten minutes of homework. They don't bother learning one damn thing about the subject. Yet they consider themselves experts.

I wouldn't get too upset about it Mr. Rothwell. He has his carrier on the line if he promoted LENR as a possibility. So it is unfortunately, either consciously or subconsciously, not in his best interest. The man seems to be open minded though, so perhaps if the proper data was presented, maybe he would change his opinion on the matter. One could try contacting him to show him data or ask him to take a trip down the hall at MIT to discuss it with Dr. Florian Metzler.
    There seems to be a lot of financial resistance to this technology though considering it opens up a new degree of energetic freedom. It creates a paradox in our representation of financial energy/information we call money. I am almost done with an essay on the subject called the Energy Freedom Paradox.
    When I publish it I would appreciate your review.

“Science is concerned with what is possible while engineering is concerned with choosing, from among the many possible ways, one that meets a number of often poorly stated economic and practical objectives.” - Richard Hamming

There is a reason why Lex asked him about this question and pushed back a little on it by bringing up the fringes of known physics.
    He is aware of our field, this I am sure of. ;) ;)

If people haven't yet done so on this forum, it's worth examining Timestamp : 2:31:24 - 2:54:16 in this deleted Lex interview below. One might see Lex's understanding of the topic is likely quite deep from his father.
    Lex is a very respectful person though and it's likely he didn't want to Alienate his guest.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers to our future built in these precious present moments my friends.

• Stone is quoted: "We had the solution [nuclear power] … and the environmental movement, to be honest, just derailed it."

That is not what happened. Nuclear power lost out because it is far too expensive, complicated and risky. The environmental movement has little influence. It had no way of derailing nuclear power any more than it could derail coal. The accidents Three Mile Island cost tremendous sums of money. It all but bankrupted the power company. No American company tried to build a nuke for 30 years, and when Georgia Power did build one, it was an economic disaster. The electricity will cost far more than it would from any other source. The Fukushima accident more or less bankrupted the largest power company in the world. A power company exec would have to be insane to risk building another nuke.

Even if nuclear power were safe and as accident proof as wind or solar, it costs far more than they do. It will never catch up. It may get cheaper, but they are getting cheaper even faster. Once a mature technology begins to fall behind in price competition, it is almost impossible for it to catch up. A new method, such as wind turbines in 1980, has room to improve, but conventional nuclear power does not. Pebble bed reactors or some other radically different technology might work, but conventional reactors will not.

You cannot bring an obsolete technology back to life. Many large companies have gone bankrupt trying to do that. IBM almost went bankrupt in the late 1980s trying to keep mainframe technology alive. Their customers did not want it. All companies must obey their customers. IBM and other big companies sometimes come to think they are in charge, and they can dictate to the customers. It never works that way. Not for long, anyway. When the customer says "jump!" the company can only say "how high?"

• Unfortunately the revival of nuclear is in part driven by the urge for Net Zero which turns out to be a political matter in the end,

and we try to avoid politics here as much as possible. I think we all here probably agree conventional fission nuclear energy is too dangerous.

In spite of the latter, we may also remember that the Anthropocene Institute has been able to position LENR as part of nuclear energy, so we may see this as the opportunity to gain attention for LENR as “The Safe Nuclear”, and thus a blessing in disguise for our field.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• As far as I can recall, we didn't hear a lot from Antropocene Institute related to LENR lately. Maybe I am wrong?

You are quite right. I hear that Carl Page/Anthropocene are supporting , or are preparing to support after testing/validation projects other than Brillouin, but I don't know any more than that. They have been very quiet on the PR front.

• "And if there's only one left, will I be the one?" »

France's energy policy is visibly inspired by the immortal verses of the poet Victor Hugo, the author of "Notre-Dame de Paris".

The national company EDF (Electricité de France) was ordered to build 15 new EPR reactors (advanced PWR) and a series of small modular reactors.

As Sabine Hossenfelder would say, what could go wrong?

France's nuclear energy future tabled at Elysée Palace talks
    Emmanuel Macron has convened a meeting with his nuclear policy advisors to keep up with the pace of the accelerated revival of the industry, coming one year…
    www.rfi.fr

• The national company EDF (Electricité de France) was ordered to build 15 new EPR reactors (advanced PWR) and a series of small modular reactors.

:D :P

Just starting:

First offshore wind farm in France | REVE News of the wind sector in Spain and in the world

ultra slow planning...

France Selects Offshore Wind Areas in South Atlantic
    The French government has selected the areas for the implementation of two offshore wind farms off the coast of the South Atlantic following a public debate.
    www.offshorewind.biz

A bit faster :: https://renews.biz/82271/franc…wo-offshore-wind-tenders/

• Yes, France inaugurated its first offshore wind farm this year…. A quarter of a century after the first Danish offshore farm.

I took this photograph nine years ago in Dieppe, a port on the northern coast of France (It was there that Ian Flemming had directed the famous operation to seize an Enigma machine while south of the city Lord Lovat seized the school's archives of radar technicians, the prototype of german magnetrons and also several scientists.) (and neutralized the rest of the school's equipment and personnel.)

At the bottom of the port where the special forces should have fled with the Enigma machine, since 2010 these wind turbines had been stored on the quays. 15 years later, they are still rusting there. The government never allowed the company that bought them to install them at sea 15 km from the coast.

John Giles, with whom we built the first Fusion Diodes, now works full time in the wind turbine industry. But not in France, of course. Scotland has remarkably negotiated the transition from the oil industry to the offshore wind industry.

France loose to do the same change of era. It's a pity, because modern wind turbines were developed by the French company named "BEST", under De Gaulle. The first 1 megawatt class wind turbine was erected in Nogent-Le-Roi, south of Paris.

• My grandson has just finished his training as a wind turbine engineer at Montmorrilon College in France, and is now getting work experience with Vesta (wind turbines) in Charente. He plans to come back to the UK to work in offshore wind next year.

• Newsletter no 38 from Jacques Ruer, President of the SNSMC in France..

Letter No. 38

Announcement of the ICCF25 congress at the end of August 2023

Jacques Ruer

02/05/2023

The adventure goes on. Members who faithfully follow the progress of our science

know the ICCF conferences (International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear

Science) which take place on an almost annual basis. These meetings take place around the

world according to a cycle of rotations between America, Europe, Asia. The last edition had

place in California (ICCF24). It is therefore very logical that this year the next one

will be held in Europe.

ICCF25 will take place from August 27 to 31, 2023 in Stettin (Szczecin in Polish), organized by

the local university. The involvement of this university owes nothing to chance since it is

which coordinates the European CleanHME project. She just launched the congress announcement that you can find on the following site to read the information available to date:

ICCF-25 | ICCF-25

ICCF conferences provide the opportunity to hear many presentations on the progress

the most recent. They also offer the chance for researchers from all over the world to meet and

to share ideas directly. Presentations are an important source of

publications that are published by the ISCMNS association in the JCMNS journal:

Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science – International Society for Condensed Matter Nuclear Science

ICCF conferences and subsequent publications are essential to support

scientific activity in our field. Thus, 34 years after the launch of

research by Pons and Fleischmann the subject is still alive despite the skepticism that

prevailed on the part of the scientific community at large. There is no doubt that the decision of

Europe and the DOE in the United States to fund projects owes a lot to the visibility

brought. The organization of ICCF25 by the CleanHME project team thus marks

European involvement in ongoing development. Hopefully this event will be

rich in progress and discoveries.

The city of Stettin is less known to the French than other Polish cities such as

Warsaw, Krakow or Gdansk. Stettin is a town of 400,000 inhabitants located at

the mouth of the Oder. This river forms the border between Poland and Germany, except

in Stettin where the border leaves the shore and includes the city and its suburbs in Poland.

Access from France is easy because Stettin is located only 150km from the airport of

Berlin with many bus and train connections. The city is very pleasant and rich in

history. I have already had the chance to visit it and it is with pleasure that I will return to

ICCF25. I hope I will have the pleasure of meeting many of you there.

Good for you,

Jacques Ruer

President SFSNMC

The original..

L’aventure continue. Les membres qui suivent fidèlement les progrès de notre science
    connaissent les conférences ICCF (International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear
    Science) qui ont lieu sur un rythme à peu près annuel. Ces réunions se suivent autour du
    monde selon un cycle de rotations entre Amérique, Europe, Asie. La dernière édition avait eu
    lieu en Californie (ICCF24). C’est donc fort logiquement que cette année la prochaine se
    tiendra en Europe.
    ICCF25 se déroulera du 27 au 31 Août 2023 à Stettin (Szczecin en polonais), organisée par
    l’université locale. L’implication de cette université ne doit rien au hasard puisque c’est elle
    qui coordonne le projet européen CleanHME. Elle vient de lancer l’annonce du congrès que
    vous pouvez retrouver sur le site suivant pour lire les informations disponibles à ce jour :
    https://iccf25.com
    Les conférences ICCF donnent l’opportunité d’entendre de nombreux exposés sur les progrès
    les plus récents. Ils offrent aussi la chance aux chercheurs du monde entier de se rencontrer et
    d’échanger directement leurs idées. Les exposés constituent une source importante de
    publications qui sont éditées par l’association ISCMNS dans le journal JCMNS :
    https://iscmns.org/publications/jcmns/
    Les conférences ICCF et les publications qui en découlent sont essentielles pour soutenir
    l’activité scientifique dans notre domaine. C’est ainsi que 34 années après le lancement des
    recherches par Pons et Fleischmann le sujet est toujours aussi vivant malgré le scepticisme qui
    a prévalu de la part de la communauté scientifique au sens large. Nul doute que la décision de
    l’Europe et du DOE aux Etats-Unis de financer des projets doit beaucoup à la visibilité
    apportée. L’organisation de ICCF25 par l’équipe du projet CleanHME marque ainsi
    l’implication européenne dans le développement en cours. Espérons que cet événement sera
    riche en progrès et découvertes.
    La ville de Stettin est moins connue des français que d’autres villes polonaises comme
    Varsovie, Cracovie ou Gdansk. Stettin est une ville de 400000 habitants située à
    l’embouchure de l’Oder. Ce fleuve constitue la frontière entre la Pologne et l’Allemagne, sauf
    à Stettin où la frontière quitte la rive et englobe la ville et ses faubourgs en Pologne.
    L’accès depuis la France est facile car Stettin est située à seulement 150km de l’aéroport de
    Berlin avec de nombreuses liaisons par bus et par train. La ville est très agréable et riche en
    histoire. J’ai déjà eu la chance de la visiter et c’est avec plaisir que j’y retournerai pour
    ICCF25. J’espère que j’aurai le plaisir d’y rencontrer nombre d’entre vous.
    Bien à vous,
    Jacques Ruer
    Président SFSNMC

• News from the Centre For the Study of Existential Risk (Huw Price's Baby)

Centre for the Study of Existential Risk
    A Cambridge University interdisciplinary research centre dedicated to the study and mitigation of risks that could lead to human extinction or civilisational…
    www.cser.ac.uk

Articles on the recent move of the Doomsday Clock ( 90 seconds to Midnight), the problems with Pandemic response, AI risk factors and more.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.