Media/News/Video Library-No discussions please

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

https://www.partisanissues.com…nr-will-change-our-world/

LENR gets a little plug here. I think the authors intent is to attract the attention of long term, high risk venture capital firms like the "The Engine" they mention, with the hope they invest. If these investors are willing to invest in private hot fusion start-ups such as: https://www.engine.xyz/founders/commonwealth-fusion-systems/ then why not LENR?

I do not think IH has anything to worry about just yet, but nice to have someone else trying to bring private money into the field.

• Official Post

RUBY RIDES AGAIN! A blogpost about one of my heroes.

'Akito Takahashi reports on the MHE: bigger composite samples and bigger heat' on https://coldfusionnow.org Akito Takahashi reports on the MHE: bigger composite samples and bigger heat November 19, 2018 10:05 AM -- In the global field of LENR, few groups match the productivity of Japanese researchers. With a longtime history of collaboration between academia and industry, the rich and wide-ranging scientific results have enabled groups on the island to develop long-term data on systems, (and) successfully reproduce key experiments....

• Official Post

Also what looks like some VERY interesting reading from the early days of cold fusion. Jed has uploaded a scanned copy of the 2nd CF confereice held in Italy back in mid 1991. The contents pages suggest many interesting papers by the founding fathers of LENR. Of particular note perhaps, is the number of papers referencing Ti/D as a LENR substrate. Thanks to Jed for ensuring our history is not lost.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/SIFthescience.pdf

• the number of papers referencing Ti/D as a LENR substrate

Maybe there should be a separate titanium discussion.. especially Ti662

It is interesting what tin does ( with a low mp of 232C )during the 700C annealing .

Some of the 2% tin appears to have been lost from the top 0.2-0.3 micrometers of the alloy surface

Of course tin has plenty of metastable isotopes...117 119 115

CHARACTERIZATION OF CHARGED PARTICLE BURSTS FROM DEUTERIUM LOADED THIN TITANIUM FOILS

D.H. Beddingfield et al Colorado School of Mines,

Following our recently reportedobservation of intense bursts of charged particles from deuterium gas load thin Titanium foils,

Our samples consisted of Ti662 (6%V, 6%Al, 2%SN)2lathe turnings of nominal thickness

about 100 µm and of surface dimension about 1 cm. by 2 cm.

The D2 gas was introduced by first annealing the samples at 700° C for three hours under vacuum

and then introducing 1 Atm of D2 and allowing the samples cool slowly

• Official Post

https://www.academia.edu/37773…ad&campaign=weekly_digest

New paper published In the World Scientific News, Over my head, but positive about LENR.

"The "renaissance" in Nuclear Physics, Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions and Transmutations"

CONCLUSIONS

Funding of LENR research should focus on the basic experimental science of isotopic

transmutation effects, regardless of their possible technological utility. Once the empirical data

are unambiguous, ab initio computational simulations should become possible.

We have developed the fcc lattice of nucleons as a model of nuclear structure, showing

that its numerical results concerning nuclear size, shape, density, etc. compare well with the

30+ other models of nuclear structure developed throughout the 20th century. To date, “nuclear

modeling” contributes little or nothing to the fundamental unresolved issue of the nature of the

nuclear force holding nuclei together. In the present work, we addressed the question of the

nuclear force acting between nucleons in a close-packed nuclear lattice. The validity of results

depends crucially on the three variables R, x, y. A center-to-center internucleon distance of

approximately 2.0 fm gives a core nuclear density of 0.17 nucleons/fm3, nuclear core density

normally cited in the textbooks since the electron-scattering experiments of Hofstadter in the

1950s (somewhat larger values (0.13 ~ 0.16) for the “mean” density (core plus skin region) are

also cited in the literature).

Similarly, the nucleon RMS radius for both protons and neutrons is known experimentally

to be ~ 0.88 fm. Nevertheless, the nuclear dipole that results in the magnetic moments of +2.79

and -1.91 μ, respectively, might have dimensions somewhat different from the matter

distribution within the nucleon, so that calculations of magnetic force effects over a broad range

of dipole sizes are relevant.

The followed way, with the novelty of the “particular use” of the Biot-Savart law, is

therefore a possible solution to the 80 years old problem of the nuclear force [11].

Acknowledgement
    The author wishes to thank very much Prof. Norman D. Cook of the Kansai University Osaka (Japan) for the
    interesting discussions and suggestions, as well as for the exchange of material.

Biography
    Paolo Di Sia is currently adjunct professor by the University of Padova (Italy). He obtained a bachelor in
    metaphysics, a master in theoretical physics and a PhD in theoretical physics applied to nanobiotechnology. He
    interested in classical-quantum-relativistic nanophysics, theoretical physics, Planck scale physics, metaphysics,
    mind-brain science, history and philosophy of science, science education. He is author of 260 works to date (papers
    on national and international journals, international book chapters, books, internal academic notes, works on
    scientific web-pages, popular works, in press), is reviewer of two mathematics academic books, reviewer of 12
    international journals. He obtained 13 international awards, has been included in Who’s Who in the World every
    year since 2015, selected for 2017 and 2018 “Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award”, is member
    of 10 scientific societies and of 32 International Advisory/Editorial Boards.

https://www.paolodisia.com

• Official Post

A positive article in IEEE Spectrum about LENR, referring to recent Japanese NEDO funded replications, and to Widom-Larsen theory

Scientists in the U.S. and Japan Get Serious About Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions

It’s absolutely, definitely, seriously not cold fusion

It’s been a big year for low-energy nuclear reactions. LENRs, as they’re known, are a fringe research topic that some physicists think could explain the results of an infamous experiment nearly 30 years ago that formed the basis for the idea of cold fusion. That idea didn’t hold up, and only a handful of researchers around the world have continued trying to understand the mysterious nature of the inconsistent, heat-generating reactions that had spurred those claims.

Their determination may finally pay off, as researchers in Japan have recently managed to generate heat more consistently from these reactions, and the U.S. Navy is now paying close attention to the field.

In June, scientists at several Japanese research institutes published a paper in the International Journal of Hydrogen Energy in which they recorded excess heat after exposing metal nanoparticles to hydrogen gas. The results are the strongest in a long line of LENR studies from Japanese institutions like Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

• I spent $180 for a one-year subscription to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat. It seems overpriced to me. Anyway, since I paid all that money I thought I would improve some documents. I reprocessed the Proceedings that I recently uploaded. The new versions look about the same, but the internal formatting is much better.

That means the documents work better when you search for words or copy text. For example, suppose you want to look for the term "non-NAA" used by George Miley. It appears maybe 15 times in various papers, including ICCF-6 Vol. 2. It may have been scrambled in the previous version because I don't think I could find it. With the latest version a Ctrl-F search finds 6 appearances. You find it immediately, with a definition: "(Elements measured by SIMS, but not NAA, are termed 'non-NAA elements')." See:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/NEDOthesixthina.pdf#page=234

I copied that sentence out of the paper, and it came out perfectly. That's what I mean by searching and copying.

The underlying text in the old version had many mistakes such as:

. . . in the fonn of isotopic changed elements

This is now:

. . . in the form of isotopic changed elements

There were thousands of OCR mistakes like that.

The OCR worked so well I went ahead and did a full manual conversion of some important papers, such as Takahashi. This eliminates all OCR errors and makes the paper look better.

So, if you collect documents from LENR-CANR.org and store them on your disk, I suggest you download any version after September 14, 2018.

I also made it easier to find and sort the documents with direct access to the folder (http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/). I installed a .htaccess file. That makes the folder listings sort-able, with columns. I should have done that years ago. Anyway, you can click on the columns. You can list the most recent files, or just click here to see that.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/?C=M;O=D

This displays the most recent documents at the top. I reprocessed the seven most recent ones with the new version of Acrobat:

NEDOthesixthina.pdf 30-Nov-2018 15:55 40M

NEDOthesixthin.pdf 29-Nov-2018 15:31 53M

NCFIthefirstan.pdf 26-Nov-2018 15:22 78M

ENECOtheseventh.pdf 26-Nov-2018 13:19 81M

PonsSproceeding.pdf 26-Nov-2018 09:58 19M

PonsSproceedinga.pdf 21-Nov-2018 15:08 38M

SIFthescience.pdf 19-Nov-2018 13:55 35M

• Official Post

https://newatlas.com/electriq-…liquid-wonder-fuel/57488/

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This displays the most recent documents at the top. I reprocessed the seven most recent ones with the new version of Acrobat:

I added some more, and will do others as time permits.

Here is an example of the improved OCR. This is the text you see when you copy and paste text. This is ICCF-3, p. 6:

ICCF3 Old

Here , t he r e sul t s of calorimet r i c measurements on
    an e l e c t rochemical ce l l of nove l de s ign are reporte d .
    The s e r e su l t s enab l e apparent corre lat ion s to be
    e s t ab l i shed between the exce s s power gene rat ion , t he
    e l e c t rochemi cal current and the ave rage deute r i um
    load i n g . The s e cor re l ations are di s cu s s e d in t e rms o f
    t h e phenomenolog i cal mode l for exce s s power gen eration
    i nt roduce d p r e v ious l y 2, 3 .

ICCF3 New

Here, the results of calorimetric measurements on
    an electrochemical cell of novel design are reported.
    These results enable apparent correlations to be
    established between the excess power generation, the
    electrochemical current and the average deuterium
    loading. These correlations are discussed in terms of
    the phenomenological model for excess power generation
    introduced previously 2, 3 .

As you see, the older version of Acrobat had problems with spacing between letters.

• My ISP upgraded the LENR-CANR.org server. I think it works faster. However, the library index system stopped working. I was planning to replace it anyway, so I did it in a big hurry this afternoon. I have made only one screen so far, but it was dead simple to do. I think the new index is a big improvement.

There are two ways to search at present:

1. First author name or partial name.
    2. Word(s) from title.

You can use either or both. Search for "roth" and "future" and you find 6 papers by me.

You can search several words in the title, in any order. Such as: "anomalous isotopes" OR "isotopes anomalous." It finds the same 8 papers either way.

Have a look. The direct link is here:

https://c0acn980.caspio.com/dp/357d600001a0bcdff714438d90e1

Embedded in page:

https://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=1081

Suggestions are welcome.

This is free, but traffic is limited. I don't think many people use the indexes. If many people do start to use them I will have to start paying $25 a month. Or I will have to find another database server that works within my ISP.

• I added two new search fields:

First author name or partial name:
    Any author:
    Word(s) in title:
    Word(s) in any field:

https://c0acn980.caspio.com/dp/357d600001a0bcdff714438d90e1

Unfortunately, the free version ran out of bandwidth quickly. I will have to pay $36 a month. So I will migrate it to another database in the next few months. I can recreate most of the features of this database. It just takes longer.

This database sure is fast. Plus the new LENR-CANR.org server seems faster too.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.