DDoS attacks

• Official Post

Hello everybody!

Since 9 AM some wisecrackers are driving heavy DDoS attacks on the forum, causing lot's of load to the server :cursing:
    We get multiple thousands of requests per minute on our site, which makes the server to sweat X/

Therefor we enabled some DDoS protection mechanisms, so don't wonder when you see every 15 minutes a browser check site for a few seconds. This is part of the protection mechanism.

As you can see in the attached plot, the load increased about 6-10 times as usual.

Kindly excuse any inconvenience.

Your LENR Forum Team

• Official Post

I'm sorry for this ||
    Maybe you could open another tab in your browser and reload this before you submit the posting in the other tab. The reload re-acknowledges that you are not a bot for the next 15 minutes.

I'm currently at work. In the evening I'll try to find out where these attacks are coming from. Maybe it's organized by some skeptics or other LENR opponents...

• Official Post

I have always considered pitiful all people who spend their energy and time on disturbing others just because they don't like them instead of ignoring them and spending their energy and time on their family, friends or constructive creativity.

To spend energy and time on setting up a DDoS attack is a big waste of energy and time. Our attackers suffer from a lack of great things in their lives. I feel sorry for them.

• Official Post

The loading screen unfortunately made me lose a couple messages I was in the process of writing. The message body field gets reset when that appears.

same problem but I was saved by Lazarus extension in chrome.
    It works too with Firefox.

• Official Post

DDOS attack are strange.
    Naive usage is to annoy an opponent, and here we imagine it should be histericalopponents, feeling that we should not exist. At this point, it is not impossibole but it is hard to admit (except as a professional) that people can be so stupid and evil... professionally, there is model for that.

Advanced usage is to cover an APT.
    Barty, check that nobody is installing backdoors, or scavenging valuable data (probably you did it since long )...
    anyway best protection is to have nothing to loose on the site.

note that some people tried to attack LENR-CANR.org few years ago, and Jed had to say that all was public and ther was nothing to steal.

today the most valuable is
    - the mails
    - the passwords (use google/facebook/twiter identity federation to avoid having to use a different password)
    - private messages

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.