MFMP: New GS4 reheat

• I've started a GS4 reheat. I have a Google Hangout set up with the various data streams and chat:
    talkgadget.google.com/.../...

If you aren't able to join directly, let me know your email and I'll send an invite.

Today's experiment had two goals:

• Test the Tektronix PA1000 power analyzer in a variety of operating modes. Several bugs were discovered and mostly resolved, and the instrument seems to be very accurate and works well.
    • Reheat the GS4.1 cell with lower H2 pressure. It had come down to around -2 psi (gauge) after two weeks idle. After debugging the system issues, we ran a number of heat cycles between 350 °C and 1250 °C in the core. Pressure behavior seen suggests a small but repeatable amount of reversible LiH decomposition.

The final heat up cycle is about to begin at 06:30 utc.

• The hangout solution might be a bit awkward for some (less anonymous, having to share cameras/microphones...) but I assume that for more "popular" experiments we will go back to having the youtube+chat as well.

Anyway, great work as always; I'm glad you finally get to test a power meter.

• We ended the test run at around 21:00 utc. We learned some useful things about the reactor and the test apparatus. The data will be uploaded to a Google Docs repository later today, to be announced here.

Regarding the Google Hangout platform, it's not necessary to have a mic or camera online, and both can be disabled easily. The important point is that there is a text chat facility that we use exclusively for these events. You enable the text sidebar by clicking on an icon at the top left of the screen. The icon is hidden until you mouse over it, and I apologize for not mentioning that earlier. A transcript of the text chat will be included in the archive if and when available.

Thanks to Ecco and Justa Guy for their stalwart support and help.

AlanG

• Regarding the Google Hangout platform, it's not necessary to have a mic or camera online, and both can be disabled easily. The important point is that there is a text chat facility that we use exclusively for these events. You enable the text sidebar by clicking on an icon at the top left of the screen. The icon is hidden until you mouse over it, and I apologize for not mentioning that earlier. A transcript of the text chat will be included in the archive if and when available.

Unfortunately the Google Hangout video stream apparently isn't being logged. That could be useful as a reference before the actual raw data gets released. I often used previously recorded MFMP tests on Youtube for this purpose.

EDIT for chat logs, I think it would be better to provide just a summary with key points and links.

• The GS4.2 reheat experiment data has finally been posted at http://data.hugnetlab.com/
    Click to VIEW FC0600 at the bottom of the test definitions list. Then click on the "From" time and set it to 9/17 03:00 using the slider controls.

The pressure plot illustrates the reversible LiH decomposition and recombination over the range of 425-1050 °C in the core (about 50-100 degrees hotter than the outside temperatures shown).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.