​Ask questions to David Daggett of Phonon Energy!

• Official Post

Yesterday, Alain published an interesting thread with news from Phonon Energy at SAE AeroTech 2015, showing promising results! David Daggett of Phonon Energy made a presentation at the SAE AeroTech 2015 Congress & Exhibition. You find presentation here.

@David.Daggett is also a user on lenr forums and has promised to answer some selected questions, if you have questions for him so you can use this thread.
    Please, do thumbs up / like the questions you want answered.

Phonon-energy
    http://www.phonon-energy.org/

David Daggett LinkedIn
    https://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-daggett/2a/2b3/b25

• How far has your R&D advanced? Have you developed a reactor and do you have some performance information? What fuel do you use? \Do you have a photograph or YouTube video we can view? Your initial post is without any technical substance, can you provide something of the results of your R&D up to today and make a statement of your plans for the future.

thank you

• Thanks Arthur. We built a laboratory research reactor that is shown on the 2nd to last page (pg 30) of the SAE presentation. It shows our data acquisition and control system in the rack. Next to it is a portable test stand that contains the reactor and a self contained oil heat exchanger system that we use for calorimetric evaluations. It is rather beefy as we designed it to handle several kilowatts of excess heat. The fuel is Nickel and Hydrogen.

We’ve been testing the entire system for about a half year, and I have been doing component, subsystem and fundamental experimental tests for much longer. Before releasing any results, we want to make very sure of the repeatability and validity of our positive data. We designed the entire system to be portable as we intended to have a neutral, respected 3rd party validate our results at their facility. We’re currently investigating such sources.

• Photon's beefy approach to reactor development allows for visualization of the internal processes that occur inside of the reactor. Other developers using such methods as photon as done have reported hard to beleive behavior that is occurring inside of the reactor that they were developing. Is your development process at a stage where Photon can see similar unusual and unexpected behavior that might be occurring inside the Photon reactor. If so, is this a confidential subject? If that is so, will there be a time when such research results will be revealed.

• Thanks David for coming by.

What is the longest experiment you have run with what looks like positive results?

Have you tested your fuel and ash for isotopic shifts?

How do you supply hydrogen to your reactor?

Have you tried adding Lithium to your Ni-H system?

What is your current relationship with Boeing?

How was your presentation received by the aero crowd?

How about a live open test on collaboration with the MFMP?

• Thanks all.
    Axil: can you provide more information on the strange behavior of the Ni powder? We don't continuously record visual images inside the reactor, because the IR camera would overheat, and we so may have missed these phenomenon during reaction events. However, it looks pretty normal at other times. We can see heat waves inside the reactor, presumably from H2 buoyancy effects ... it kind looks like when one gazes across the desert floor. I"ll be certain to capture an image during the next excess heat event.

LENR calendar:
    We run an experiment for days, but the reaction events have only been only been seen for many minutes before they've been terminated. Yes, we also use hydrogen and lithium. We've saved samples for ash analysis, but have not yet had them analyzed. I'm not working with Boeing in any way but the presentation at SAE was very well received. The MFMP collaboration is a good suggestion that we'll consider.

Colwyn:
    We do use another stimulation method, but we'd prefer to not go into details at this time.

• I am providing to you the unreleased draft of the research paper prepared by Dr. Kim. This draft has been circulated in public before ICCF-18. It is not confidential as far as I know. The DGT presentation at ICCF-18 reflected the content of this unsubmitted draft. Dr. Kim discarded this draft for reasons unknown to me. He saw magnetic solitons in research of the DGT system's reaction process that exploded in a continuing process in what Kim named a Bosenova.

I suspect that the old DGT development system is like your system due to the like appearance that is reflected in the picture that you just released. This observation of exploding magnetic bubbles is so unusual that this quantum behavior is well served to be verified by other experimenters not withstanding the competence that Dr Kim has as an experimenter and a scientist.

This Bosenova as well as any magnetic related anomalies would be interesting if they are confirmed in your experimentation.

I suspect that these explosions produce a deep blueish light and other invisible XUV and soft X-ray light. Also the DGT system was reported to produce intense magnetic behavior.

• Thanks all.

LENR calendar:
    We run an experiment for days, but the reaction events have only been only been seen for many minutes before they've been terminated. Yes, we also use hydrogen and lithium. We've saved samples for ash analysis, but have not yet had them analyzed. I'm not working with Boeing in any way but the presentation at SAE was very well received. The MFMP collaboration is a good suggestion that we'll consider.

Colwyn:
    We do use another stimulation method, but we'd prefer to not go into details at this time.

It was publicly released by the CIA that the DGT system used potassium carbide to produce rydberg hydrogen matter. The UV light from their high voltage spark stimulation catalyzed the release of both Hydrogen and potassium Rydberg matter. It is my opinion that light stimulation of the proper wavelength will produce rydberg matter from a alkali carbon compound. Holmlid does this in his system with potassium carbonate.

An electric arc is a wonderful source of light because it produces light in abundance over a wide range of frequencies. And lasers are a poor substitute since they only produce a single light frequency.

So sorry, please forgive me but I suggest that you revert to potassium from lithium because lithium required high heat. I noticed that your reactor does not have an external heating coil like Rossi's system. If you remain with lithium, buffer with a carbonate. If you are intent on staying with lithium, Lithium carbonate might be worth a try if you produce UV light inside your reactor.

Yes, I have lots of opinions. Good luck, I would love to see LENR plains in our skies.

• Thanks Axil. Very interesting material. We'll give the potassium carbide a try. We operate at a much lower temperature than Rossi, so this may help increase our repeat-ability. It'd be interesting to know what exact wavelength is required. I believe we have the ideal test device that could be used to explore this avenue. However, our internal funding does not support a new endeavor like this. If you have any ideas, please let me know. email: [email protected]

• We don't continuously record visual images inside the reactor, because the IR camera would overheat, and we so may have missed these phenomenon during reaction events. However, it looks pretty normal at other times.

For proton and any other large format LENR reactor developer.

The fiber based camera with a high temperature resistant lens is the ideal solution when you are looking for a clear and reliable video image of high temperature (3,500º F/1926º C) environments, such as boilers, furnaces, kilns, incinerators and float tanks. It is a high temperature remote combustion viewing system.

Quartz Objective Lens: The objective lens of the FireSight is made of quartz, a material that offers a much higher resistance to high temperatures and to scratches than glass, therefore giving you a longer work life

FireSight High-Temperature Remote Combustion CCTV Systems
    http://www.abqindustrial.com/firesight/

When you get some additional funds for R&D equipment, this might prove to be a wise investment.

• Thanks again Axil. That system would indeed be good for a visual inspection of the inside of a LENR reactor. However, it wouldn't work if one wants to take IR temperature measurements, such as in our case. In that instance, you'll need a ZnSe lens. I've attached a .pdf file showing what an IR picture looks like when viewed through quartz and ZnSe lenses.

In an earlier post, you mentioned a CIA report on DGT. Can you provide us with a copy or link to that file?

• Thanks again Axil. That system would indeed be good for a visual inspection of the inside of a LENR reactor. However, it wouldn't work if one wants to take IR temperature measurements, such as in our case. In that instance, you'll need a ZnSe lens. I've attached a .pdf file showing what an IR picture looks like when viewed through quartz and ZnSe lenses.

In an earlier post, you mentioned a CIA report on DGT. Can you provide us with a copy or link to that file?

http://ecatnews.com/wp-content…of-Visit-to-Defkalion.pdf

Executive Summary of visit to Defkalion Headquarters, Athens Greece March 2 n d – 6th March 7th, 2012 Michael A. Nelson ER22 NASA-MSFC

The catalyst was potassium carbonate.

I strongly suspect that Rossi is using a potassium catalyst in this 1 megawatt plant. He could not patent that catalyst because it was included in the thermocore patent and is now open source.

I also believe that Rossi gave out the LAH lithium based catalyst info to divert the replicators away from potassium. In this he has succeeded.

It was publicly released by the CIA that the DGT system used potassium carbide to produce rydberg hydrogen matter. The UV light from their high voltage spark stimulation catalyzed the release of both Hydrogen and potassium Rydberg matter. It is my opinion that light stimulation of the proper wavelength will produce rydberg matter from a alkali carbon compound. Holmlid does this in his system with potassium carbonate.

While we're on the topic of Defkalion (DGT), Axil, where are they now? What are they doing? HOW are they doing? Any money flowing their way? Which and how much? Any idea why Hadjichristos, their most ardent promoter, is working for a totally different industry?

BTW, the CIA released it? Where? Can I see a cite and a link please?

• How sad, Axil. The company which could have singlehandedly SAVED the Greek economy, had a single word of their idiotic claims been true, was done in by it? Also, their main office towards the end was in Canada, not Greece. And they kept saying how international they were.

And Hadjichristos had nothing to do with Greek politics. You are confusing him with Stremmenos, who called Defkalion a bunch of liars, even at a time he was still on their board of directors!

• @Mary Yugo

So true. Technology is the least of the problems that small startups have to deal with. Even Edison got shafted by J. P. Morgan and lost all his work on electricity to Morgan. You got to give Rossi credit for both his technical and business acumen. He is such a mensch(FYI "a person of integrity and honor." ), don't you think? The more we know him, the more we love him. He is a great hero of humanity. Doesn't he make your feminine heart swoon?

• &"Even Edison got shafted by J. P. Morgan and lost all his work on electricity to Morgan. You got to give Rossi credit for both his technical and business acumen. He is such a mensch(FYI "a person of integrity and honor." ), don't you think? The more we know him, the more we love him. He is a great hero of humanity. Doesn't he make your feminine heart swoon?"

To get a complete picture of the shafting you have to consider Tesla. Also, just the opposite regarding "the more you know him".
    The last statement is very funny considering the reference. Axil are you playing the role of a provocateur here?
    Back to business, I'm working on another reactor and will post when it also self destructs.

• Phonon and photon are widely separated spectrally. They appear to be used interchangeably on this forum. Which entity is related to nanoscale hydrogen fusion?

The polariton is a compound particle that is an entangled combination of electrons and photons. IMHO, this particle is central in the LENR process.

See:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.