New (vol. 17) Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science

• Official Post

Thanks for the effort, Lou. For me, the file on downloading ultimately says "is damaged and cannot be repaired". Anyway, looking forward to that issue, soon.

It si availabel on LENR-Canr
    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BiberianJPjcondensedp.pdf
    thanks to Jed :thumbup: .

• We can load deuterium until the cows come home, but no reaction occurs until an EMF based simulator is applied. This stimulator is usually some form of light. The reaction is based on the interaction of light and matter.

Please cite a LENR reaction in an experiment that does not require an EMF simulator to appear.

• Alain wrote:
    "Interesting. It seems a theory paper, but it cite many experimental review ?
    Can you comment more? "

And Axil wrote:
    "Please cite a LENR reaction in an experiment that does not require an EMF simulator to appear."

First - no, I do not feel confident enough to judge the theory.
    There seem to be many ways that tunneling probability can be enhanced by orders of magnitude
    - collective effects, waveform shaping, resonance, multiparticle correlations, pair creation,
    ... quite bewildering. (One I was just looking at --
    "Interference effects in tunnelling of "cat" wave packet states" http://arxiv.org/pdf/1502.07517.pdf)

There may be several different, but very difficult to control, ways to induce anomalous nuclear effects.
    Unless there have been many incorrect measurements, I think it is necessary to keep options open.
    Axil may be right that only certain stimuli will start these reactions - also plausible. I wish I knew.

• &"And Axil wrote:"Please cite a LENR reaction in an experiment that does not require an EMF simulator to appear."

My hydrogen fusion reactor required no EMF stimulation. Only thermal energy to dissociate hydrogen to initiate the fusion reaction. You have the protocol as I've posted on this forum.
    I assume that Axil meant EMF stimulator, not EMF simulator, otherwise disregard my comment. I don't know what an EMF simulator would be.
    The simplicity of this reactor makes it easy to reach a hypothesis. No loading until the cows come home. The fusion initiates when the hydrogen dissociates and is a surface catalytic activity.

• Longview, when I review the benefits that this particular reactor producing thermal energy would have related to world economy it seems a likely candidate for Nobel prize consideration. This would get the stimulus needed as well as funding for continued research.

• &"And Axil wrote:"Please cite a LENR reaction in an experiment that does not require an EMF simulator to appear."

My hydrogen fusion reactor required no EMF stimulation. Only thermal energy to dissociate hydrogen to initiate the fusion reaction. You have the protocol as I've posted on this forum.
    I assume that Axil meant EMF stimulator, not EMF simulator, otherwise disregard my comment. I don't know what an EMF simulator would be.
    The simplicity of this reactor makes it easy to reach a hypothesis. No loading until the cows come home. The fusion initiates when the hydrogen dissociates and is a surface catalytic activity.

Why did you need heat to get things going? Heat is infrared light. What does hydrogen loading have to do with breaking hydrogen apart? IMHO, everything.

This is what breaks hydrogen apart as follows:

Hot Electrons Do the Impossible - Plasmon-Induced Dissociation of H2
    http://www.princeton.edu/mae/p…aculty/carter/EAC-267.pdf
    What hydrogen loading does is creates nanoparticles that then produce hot electrons that then dissociate hydrogen.

• &"What does hydrogen loading have to do with breaking hydrogen apart? IMHO, everything."

H2 will not load it must be dissociated (broken apart) first. Also no field necessary only thermal energy for my reactor.

&"What hydrogen loading does is creates nanoparticles that then produce hot electrons that then dissociate hydrogen."

I think you got the cart in front of the horse on this one? Dissociated hydrogen is required first for permeation or loading. The molecule will not permeate until dissociated.

• Reference:

http://www.psc.edu/science/Wolf/Wolf.html

Onset of the beta phase in palladium hydride at 300 degrees Kelvin. This phase change occurs as the concentration of hydrogen atoms (yellow) in the palladium (purple) increases. At early stages (the alpha phase), hydrogen atoms randomly populate small interstices in the lattice structure. At a critical point, the lattice expands, allowing hydrogen to cluster at higher density, as visualized here. This image shows the lattice from the (001) direction.

The term cluster means the formation of nanoparticles.

• It's been a long time, but if I remember crystallography correctly the attached view is of the face centered cubic lattice. Onset of the phase change at 300K does indicate that the hydrogen molecule is being dissociated at this low temperature. Again I visualize catalytic dissociation of hydrogen first and loading next. Just a technicality but the hydrogen molecule must be torn apart before it can begin to load into the lattice. Maybe I miss understood your statement and we're arguing the same side. "Nanoparticles can not be created until the hydrogen is dissociated"; it's particularly interesting that it initiates at this low temperature. What interaction and change does the hydrogen molecule undergo when interacting with the palladium?

• The statements above illustrate the boundary between conjecture and hypothesis for this simple form of hydrogen dissociation. What a pile of conjectures when it's simply adsorbtion of molecular hydrogen onto a catalyst that allows the breaking of the molecular bond with consequent absorption. Simply the result of a nanoscale reaction. Conjecture driven to the point of ad nauseam. No stimulator needed if the catalytic spacing is correct, the cows come home early. I've done the experiment, my reactor fuses hydrogen with no extra stimulation. The structure had no field involved and initiated when hydrogen dissociated.

• The mere fraction of an eV that 830 C (in your reactor) represents, versus the huge energy yield of a fusion, makes the "budget" for activation energy an easy "do" for self sustaining and more. Earlier ideas still persist that electrolysis contributes to the formation of atomic hydrogen and/or protons to diffuse into Pd. That electrolysis is not necessary for the fusion itself, if Ed Storms is correct. In your RAGOEL reactor, the surface area is immense, the number of active sites in likely immense, and the insulation properties are very high. You are likely suggesting that your reaction was occurring on the surface, in fact on some sort of Ni-O-Al site available in your treated fibrous matrix. As I and perhaps others here have mentioned, in such a highly insulated matrix, even a modest over unity reaction could result in a "runaway"-- for example, under Storms' recent scenario if it applied to your fibrous aluminum oxide matrix. You, ogfusionist, have also repeatedly pointed out that at 830 C the proportion of dissociated H2s becomes favorable... making that a possible key factor in your "reaction" and meltdown at 830 C.

• The mere fraction of an eV that 830 C (in your reactor) represents, versus the huge energy yield of a fusion, makes the "budget" for activation energy an easy "do" for self sustaining and more. Earlier ideas still persist that electrolysis contributes to the formation of atomic hydrogen and/or protons to diffuse into Pd. That electrolysis is not necessary for the fusion itself, if Ed Storms is correct. In your RAGOEL reactor, the surface area is immense, the number of active sites in likely immense, and the insulation properties are very high. You are likely suggesting that your reaction was occurring on the surface, in fact on some sort of Ni-O-Al site available in your treated fibrous matrix. As I and perhaps others here have mentioned, in such a highly insulated matrix, even a modest over unity reaction could result in a "runaway"-- for example, under Storms' recent scenario if it applied to your fibrous aluminum oxide matrix. You, ogfusionist, have also repeatedly pointed out that at 830 C the proportion of dissociated H2s becomes favorable... making that a possible key factor in your "reaction" and meltdown at 830 C.

To the above, ogfusionist replied:

"I guess the serendipity was a blessing but it has been overwhelming. Thanks for your reply. "

Longview then replied:

"As always, you're welcome."

[Longview makes this editing change in an attempt to bypass the "new page" forced by something or someone here. That innovation of a new page, is not conducive to thoughtful exchanges here. It has now been in place and apparently corresponds to some extent with my increasing dissatisfaction here. It has resulted in deletions of portions of my posts (by me)... exactly those portions which might have been most valuable. I'll leave it to others to guess why I , or others might make such deletions and how such deletions might destroy the archival and "record" of progress in this important field. An all engineering approach is fine, but some attention to the knowledge of what went before can avoid the "reinventing the wheel". Here ogfusionist, Thomas Clarke, Ecco, FreeThinker2lenr and others with a desire to think and discuss.... including even Yugo/Hody may be helpful to those just getting underwy.... The failure to listen "up front" may well waste a huge amount of effort.

Perhaps once again, evidence for the need of Parkhomov / Rossi / "all replicator" Forum and a Forum for LENR in a more general sense. I like reading the dialog on replications as much as anyone. But the discourse there is rapidly becoming its own universe and deserves its own location-- but to the effective exclusion of constructive comments?? Something such as this forced "new page" may have caused my earlier deletions and then perhaps even those of "Ecco, the Dolphin" --- I don't know, but the atmosphere has for quite sometime been pushing the Forum toward the single mind set apparently "judged" a priori, to be "where we all want to go". Too much "voting" in the back room for me. It looks like the Democratic National Convention of 1968 in Chicago.]

• @Longview: it looks like the default number of comments per page was changed to 15 at some point. You can increase this limit, but unintuitively, the setting for this in the user control panel is labeled "posts per page", not "messages per page". 30 is twice the default value. Apparently a value of 15 cannot be manually selected except by choosing "default".

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.