Rossi’s Cat and Mouse reactor technology

• How Rossi’s Cat and Mouse reactor technology makes use of macro level entanglement to multiply the LENR effect. The following article give an example of how this entanglement sharing works.

Reference article as follows:

http://physics.aps.org/articles/v8/98

Sharing Quantum States

Quote from the article:

“Forms of collective behavior often emerge in large ensembles of interacting units, such as a network of neurons, a flock of birds, or electrons in solids. In condensed-matter systems, the emergence of these collective phenomena is often associated with spectacular properties that could be harvested in applications. But the complexity of the underlying many-body interactions makes it difficult to both understand and control such effects.”

How this quantum mechanical principle is applied to Rossi’s technology.

Use of terms:
    Mouse - Low powered alumina tube reaction(COP = 1.1) powered by a wire heater
    Cat - An unpowered alumina tube reactor identical to the Mouse.

In the Rossi Cat and Mouse driver method where the Mouse drives the Cat(s), the Mouse uses a large ensemble of Surface Plasmon Polorion solitons (SPPs) produced by the application of heat from the wire heater to a catalyst. The SPP is highly receptive to global coherence and entanglement. This coherence is spread through entanglement to the Cat(s) that surround the Mouse equidistant around its circumference through the transfer of heat (infrared photons). Heat provides the entanglement based coordination whereby the entanglement of SPPs is transferred to the Cats. After a time, the Cats that surround the Mouse on all sides come into a single quantum state where the heat radiating from the Mouse drives the Cats under the same state that the Mouse is operating under.

Now, all the encircling Cats are entangled and coherent with the Mouse. Beside heat, the Mouse is producing muons(heavy electrons) that easily radiates thought the electrically conducive super hot ceramic containment structure.(alumina tube).

Because of quantum mechanical(QM) coherence, all the Cats will become supersensitive to the incoming muons because of QM super absorption in the Cats. Thereupon, a kind of muon chain reaction occurs. A relatively small number of muons produced in the low powered mouse is amplified by many times in the Cats that have been made super-sensitive and highly reactive to these muons.

• Official Post

The conclusion on mouse and cat is above my understanding, but on emergence of coherence in many-body interaction, I think again of the work of Dubinko with Discrete breathers,
    and on the educative example used by luca Gamberale with metronome network, softly coupled.

http://io9.com/5947112/watch-3…ny-in-a-matter-of-minutes

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I see many ideas that need connections, between Widom/Srivastava theory using SPP as you do, and Edmund Storms vision of an insulated NAE (I don't care it is linear hydroton, or planar WLS patch).

My naive vision is that we should not try to find the exact mechanism (SPP, hydroton, TSC...) but first to find the characteristics of the solution... Concept of NAE is such finding.
    Another concept is coherence, which is required to avoid high energy (in and out).
    Another proposal I do is that there is some geometric symmetry in the interaction, or else momentum conservation would require gamma...

One key idea of Edmund storms is that the NAE system seems to absorb energy, from the future fusion, because the NAE is a quantum object with many energy level, thus with small transitions allowed.
    You can imagine that the fusion energy is spread like the discrete breather emerge, or like the metronome synchronize...

When comparing theories I think there is too much focus on the details, on the mechanism, and not enough on the structure...
    Edmund Storms did a great job in finding the requirements for a theory, and hydroton is maybe not the only solution.
    What he show as required is a quantum multi-body strongly bound but insulated object, the NAE.
    question is what is the structure of the NAE, and first of all what is it's dimension.
    Ed propose 1D, WLS propose 2D ... I love both.
    other question is how is done the coupling and the insulation to build the NAE.
    Ed propose insulation by negative charge in a crack, and coupling by covalence.
    WLS propose coupling by SPP, insulation by surface effect.

the relation with mouse and cat problem is not clear for me.
    I rather see mouse and cat as a control-command problem/solution, for SSM... a bit like the capacitor on the side of the asynchronous singlephase AC engine.

• Axil Axil wrote:
    " Mats002, Rossi explicitly stated the the Cat was a reactor that was identical to the Mouse. The Cat/Mouse combo is required for Self Sustained Mode. To convince yourself, scan all reference to cat and mouse in rossi's responses to questions: it's all in there."

Axil, I have spent some time searching through Rossi Blog Reader, the first mention of mouse was March 25th, 2013 at 8:03 AM in an answer to Steven N. Karels. The sum of all Q/A and especially A:s from Rossi makes this simplified conclusion:

- The reactor we see in the Lugano report is one single unit with combined mouse and cat.
    - There is only one charge (fuel) to share between mouse and cat
    - if the ssm is not adopted, the distinction between mouse and cat vanishes
    - The mouse is the only one with external energy input (as electric current in a coil, at one time replaced with a gas burner without success)
    - The mouse have COP > 1, but not much over 1.

The statements below about the first and second process described by Me356 are still valid:

"Mats002 wrote:
    Me356, I think you just solved the puzzle of Rossi mouse and cat

First process that I am talking about is Excess heat from Ni + H reactions. From this process you can get probably COP of around 1.2.
    That is the mouse.

Second process is LiH composition and decomposition. With ratio between Hydrogen and Lithium you can control the rate (how fast you can change the pressure, respectively how fast LiH can be composed/decomposed).2 Li + H2 → 2 LiH
    The higher rate mean higher COP.
    That's the cat!"

• @Mats002
    I saw a Rossi post that said the Cat was a reactor.

BroKeeper
    April 30th, 2015 at 7:38 PM
    Dear Andrea Rossi,
    You responded to Curiosone: “I can say that the 1 MW E-Cat ( ” She” ) is stable and in ssm mode.” This seems to imply the 1MW plant, as a single unit, ran in self-sustain mode, not just an individual reactor.

If this is the case then one of two scenarios could be explained. Either you have now been able to synchronize control of all the reactors as one, or the SSM of each reactor is long enough for all 100 reactors to be more often than not in SSM at once. In this case a major breakthrough has been achieved with a significant ratio of output to input far beyond COP 20. Could you enlighten us to which case this may be if not another?

With much respect, BroKeeper

Andrea Rossi
    May 1st, 2015 at 7:48 AM
    BroKeeper:
    The ssm is enhanced by the fact that with the control system directing multiple reactors we can obtain a synergy between them using some of the reactors to drive others, where the driving ones ( mouse operation) are less than the cat ones. This way the ssm phases are substantially more that the driving ones. This synergy, obviously, is possible only with big plants ( so far).
    I cannot give the numbers, as correctly Steven N Karels anticipated and, also, after consulting Orsobubu, I have to add that what we have now is not the final result, things can worsen substantially in time and the final results could be either positive or negative ( this last phrase could be substituted by F-Something).
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.
    ========
    Andrea Rossi
    October 11th, 2014 at 6:21 PM
    Curiosone:
    No, the charge is the same, we have only one charge in that kind of reactor; by the way: if the ssm is not adopted, the distinction between Cat and Mouse vanishes.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

• Axil, Mats002: You are right, I think that we are slowly revealing reaction.
    I am not good in theory, but I have gained a lot of practical knowledge in the very same way as Rossi did.

I think that I understand mouse and cat in the practical way so when I will be able to realize it, I will be able to achieve very high COP.
    There are many chemical and few nuclear aspects that are very important in both mouse and cat.
    Hopefully I will be able to write some paper about it.

What I am trying to say for long time here is, how Cat part is working in the practical way.

• Pressure is the most important factor here that we must control perfectly.
    • It is cyclic process.

There is period for heating the reactor surface. Then there is another where power is turned off (SSM mode) or throttled when you are trying to cool the surface as slow as possible.

• In the first period you want to release extremely high amount of hydrogen as fast as possible so you will boost the Mouse process. Another reason is because heat transfer is much better in high pressure of hydrogen. So you can boost COP of the mouse process by few times from usual (low) COP. At this moment you can heat the surface very quickly as well.
    • In the second period, the intention is to maintain so high temperature as long as possible above a threshold. So you want that previously accumulated temperature is not lost in the environment but stored and used. In this part achieving very low pressure (or even vacuum) is beneficial to insulate the heater and thus to lower thermal conductivity inside the reactor.

So this is the reason, why you want to release hydrogen on demand and then load it when needed. There is nuclear and chemical reason why you want to do that.
    Amount of released pressure is directly responsible for the COP value. If you will release 15 bars, COP could be for example 3.
    When you will make the heat storage more efficient, second period can be much longer. Thus you can for example double the COP just by making good and efficient design.

Everything must be designed very cleverly to not waste heat and to make heat transfer as efficient as possible to gain the highest possible COP.
    This is how E-Cat is probably working.

• @me356

IMHO, the common denominator across these LENR systems is the production of nanoparticles. In the Rossi type system, there is a supercritical gas environment that is produced by the release of hydrogen gas. Nanoparticles are produced when the temperature and the gas pressure is reduced.

What is a supercritical gas

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nanoparticles are produced when the gas leaves the supercritical state. This is caused when the temperature and/or pressure (T/P) is reduced. It is like a bottle of soda...bubbles of gas are formed when the top of the soda is removed.

Here is an example of how nanoparticles are created when supercritical gas/liquid changes due to T/P decrease.

By the way, this is how water nanoparticles are produced in cavitation when water nanoparticles are formed. These water nanoparticles produce SPPs in cavitation.

As the gas cools and the pressure drops, nanoparticles are produced. The wire heater produces heat and the temperature is increased. The reactor must continually produce nanoparticles through the cycling of pressure and temperature to replace nanoparticle losses due to the destructive nature of the reaction and limited lifetimes of SPPs.

Rossi said:
    "when the activator is on the E-Cat is off, when the E-Cat is on the Activator is off. When the Activator is turned off the temperature rises, because the E-Cat is activated, when the Activator is turned on the temperature lowers, because the E-Cat goes off. "

Nanoparticles are produced when the Mouse is turned off and the pressure and temperature decreases. There must be a cycle of temperature/pressure increase and decrease to produce nanoparticles. A constant temperature and pressure will not produce the LENR reaction in a supercritical gas system. The LENR reaction is maximized along with nanoparticle production when the temperature/pressure cycles around the supercritical point in the gas.
    ==============
    Spark discharge

The electric arc produces a sharp temperature and pressure increase in a supercritical hydrogen gas. As the gas cools and the pressure drops, nanoparticles are produced. The reactor must continually produce nanoparticles through the cycling of pressure and temperature. When the temperature drops in the reactor, the electric arc is triggered and the hydrogen gas pressure and heat increase. As the T/P decreases, nanoparticles are produced and the reaction is reestablished.
    ===================

Laser stimulation.

Nanoparticles are produced in LASER stimulation in a different way from T/P cycle method explained above. The production is direct when the Laser light releases nanoparticles produced by the catalyst.

A workaround to optimize EMF projection is to use a special electrode in arc production that produces an electron beam. In this way both a T/P impulse when the arc is fired and a subatomic beam is also produced. That beam is either an electron beam or a proton beam that can be generated and directed at the nanoparticle catalyst.

• @me356

You are right, I think that we are slowly revealing reaction. I am not good in theory, but I have gained a lot of practical knowledge in the very same way as Rossi did.

You can save some time and effort if you can learn from what Rossi does in his reactor.

This is how the Rossi Reactor produces the T/P cycle...

See page 25,26,27 of

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1305/1305.3913.pdf

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.