Swedish Scientists Publish Paper Claiming “Ponderomotive Forces” Explain LENR (Mats Lewan)

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/10/15/swedish-scientists-publish-paper-claiming-ponderomotive-forces-explain-lenr-mats-lewan/']As promised, Mats Lewan has published what appears to be some important news on his An Impossible Invention blog. He reports that two Swedish scientists will present a new theory about LENR in this paper titled “Nuclear Spallation and Neutron Capture Induced by Ponderomotive Wave Forcing” at the 11th International Workshop on Anomalies in 
Hydrogen […][/feedquote]

• Official Post

I don't understand the depth of that theory...

It seems to allow, wehn EM field is very non-uniform, that some nucleons are moved without their brothers ...
    Does it allows to explain F&P PdD LENR, the Iwamura transmutations, Helium4, tritium, ?

Back to my theory wondering, there is the key problem of how eV stimuli can trigger keV or MeV events.

Maybe the idea there is that moving a neutron is not so powerful, but I doubt of it.

Or does this theory propose an "accelerator" machinery that allow keV of energy to be available to move a neutron ?

finally maybe this theory can propose an interaction able to be used in the context of hydroton, or WLS?

One big mystery for me around [lexicon]hydroton theory[/lexicon] is the kind of interaction that would allow the hydroton to show many energy level on a MeV scale, with keV indent, if not eV indent.

I wait for more accessible explanation.

• My first interpretation is that picture a deuteron nucleus sitting at Ni surface very close to a Ni nucleus. The force acts on both nuclei with period variation that entangles these nuclei in one composite quantum state when this entanglement is broken by the harsh environment the system is more likely to end in the lower energy state that is, the neutron is now inside the Ni nucleus.

The other picture is more classical the neutron leaks out of the nuclei with help of the force travels short distance and is captured by the surrounding nuclei

May the force be with you....
    Sveinn

• Oh my, ponderomotive.

Did I ever hear anything like this before. Lewis-Larsen, anyone?

Well. Now, that we have a theory, I believe is time for LENR crowd to deliver.

• I believe that when this phenomenon will be well understood it will change a lot of things in our life. It could change a lot of things even not related with LENR.
    The problem is, we don't know yet, whos theory is really true but it is getting very good shape.

• I am disappointed that LENR theories lack attention to detail. A theorists picks some obscure effect to explain some limited aspect of LENR. with all the other one million details not considered.

This Reminds me of L&W theory's use of the Shukla & Eliasson effect. L&W has since gone over to SPP theory.

"3. Lattice Energy LLC Shukla & Eliasson’s new mechanism provides an attractive force Background and objectives of this presentation Main Lattice reference to examine is a 92-slide August 23, 2012 PowerPoint presentation: “Speculation: evanescent exotic superconductivity (some form of HTSC) in heavy-electron patches?” http://www.slideshare.net/lewi…ity-in-patchesaug-23-2012"

See:

http://www.slideshare.net/lewi…atchesaddendumsep-11-2012

please see: Cited on Slide #17 herein and on Slide #84 in August 23 document: “Novel attractive force between ions in quantum plasmas” P. Shukla and B. Eliasson Physical Review Letters 108 pp. 165007 - 165012 (2012) http://arxiv.org/pdf/1112.5556v7.pdf September 11, 2012

• If LENR experiments were generating copious numbers of neutrons the experimenters would notice - for a while. End of story.

• Official Post

It is clear the neutrons are anecdotal in LENR, and this participated to the problem to convince.
    Here, especially if you take the first interpretation of Svein (nor far from a core idea of Ed Storms, that a quantum system after some time entangled, fall into a lower energy state) there is no free neutrons that risk to get out of of their box...

anyway, this theory seems only to propose a new interaction in some context... A bit like BCS theory...
    It need to be analysed deeply.

My bet is that many theory today's, propose key ideas, but also are wrong in most details...
    I see many such keys in Electroweak theory, in Ed Storms theory, in Takahashi theory, in UDD theory, and here in ponderomotive force theory. but there is also huge missing parts that other theoreticians noticed... I feel it may be productive to try to identify what what is a key idea, and try to mix it with others key ideas.

• For me the theory is very interesting and is the way to achieve very good efficiency. Altough I think that something is still missing there as obviously it is possible to achieve LENR even without tuning resonance frequency or even without any frequency.
    Maybe it is possible to trigger LENR with completely wrong frequency, but it is not easy at all.

If neutrons can be created that easily, then it can be potentially very dangerous. Experimenters should really get neutron detectors and do it in a special lab.

• In the paper Induction Heater is mentioned as the good option.
    To achieve resonance frequency you will only need to be able to control such frequency and to know exactly what you want to heat.
    Unfortunately from the paper, the ideal resonant frequency is quite high, but still you should be able to get good results with conventional electronic stuff.
    Normal induction heaters are working in range of XX KHz and you can't modulate it.

As mentioned in the paper, you want to modulate the signal to even more frequencies at the same time to achieve resonance of various substances.
    This can be also done quite easily.

PCB to do so is just slight variation/addition to the current induction heater boards.

• Basically you should be able to do this even with normal coils that we are using.
    But induction heater has very small resistance and it can propagate magnetic field very well.
    When you are able to modulate the frequency as needed, you can:
    1. heat the whole tube to achieve required temperature
    2. heat only specific particles in the reactor
    3. do it together or separately when needed.

So you can govern the reaction very well with this.

• My first interpretation is that picture a deuteron nucleus sitting at Ni surface very close to a Ni nucleus. The force acts on both nuclei with period variation that entangles these nuclei in one composite quantum state when this entanglement is broken by the harsh environment the system is more likely to end in the lower energy state that is, the neutron is now inside the Ni nucleus.

The other picture is more classical the neutron leaks out of the nuclei with help of the force travels short distance and is captured by the surrounding nuclei

May the force be with you....
    Sveinn

In the Lugano test, each nickel atom comprising the 100 micro nickel particle swapped either 1, 2, 3 or 4 neutrons from multiple lithium 7 atoms to get to pure Ni62 from Ni58, Ni60 and Ni61 and this swap happened to all billion atoms of the that particle in one operation. This is what this latest neutron theory cannot explain. This is called cluster transformation.

All these neutron theories such as this one and L&W are unitary theories where neutrons are moved one neutron at a time. This one neutron transfer method cannot leave a pure isotope in large amounts(a billion atoms).

Furthermore, consider how neutrons would move from lithium 7 covering the surface of the nickel particle, to the atoms deep inside the 100 micron nickel particle. Being ultra low energy, each low energy neutron is highly reactive and will combine with the first nickel atom that it encounters. This implies that the nickel atoms on the surface of the particle would have more neutrons added to the nickel nucleus. We would expect to see at least Ni64 or even zinc near the surface of the particle. This atoms near the surface would all be heavier than the atoms at the center of the particle. But the nickel is pure with Ni62 at the surface and at the center

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.