Kazakhstan held a successful replication with nickel-hydrogen systems

• Official Post

Thx to @Peter Gluck for informing us about a new Russian paper, translation soon (we hope)
    Update with an English version, thx to @BobHiggins for the translate.

"QuestionOfExcessHeatInNickel-Hydrogen_English.pdf"

In Kazakhstan a new successful experiment in a nickel-hydrogen system was performed.

Researchers: A.N. Ozernoi, M.F. Vereshchak, I.A. Manakova and I.V. Khromushin
    Institute of Nuclear Physics, Alma-Ata, Kazakhstan

http://lenr.seplm.ru/articles/…nikel-vodorodnoi-sistemoi

Title of the Paper (translated):
    TO THE QUESTION OF EXCESS HEAT RELEASE IN THE NICKEL-HYDROGEN SYSTEM

Conclusion of the experiement:

Our experiments have shown convincingly that the excess heat in the nickel-hydrogen actually took place

• Thank you for the information, interesting! I wonder what vacuum oven they used. If it is based on radiation, then different temperatures can also happen because of shadow effects. Also microwave based ovens may have similar problems.

• Official Post

@Frank Acland got a short summary by a russian speaking user:

• Написал письмо в институт ядерной физики, просил помочь мне в моих исследованиях. Я не знал об этих исследованиях у нас в Казахстане. По крайней мере на наших конференциях я их не видел ни где! . Если вам вдруг ответят, сообщите мне об этом, хорошо От Геннадий Тарасенко Кому: [email protected]. Актау, КГУТИ, Тарасенко Геннадий 1 файл, 6,7 MБ Увидел ссылку, там ваши ребята делали ХЯС был на ИКЧФ-13, 14, 16, 17 и 19 в Италии в этом году. Хотел бы с вами познакомиться, мне нужно тоже провести опыты по получению электроэнергии за счет вращения шаровых молний. Я делаю генератор Тарасенко на основе- модели планеты-в гугле я по этой теме первый. Хотелось бы сделать этот генератор на основе образования шаровых конкреций ... Если хотите, я вам пришлю статью. С уважением Геннадий Тарасенко

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• Sure be nice if they would turn around and run it again with everything untouched.
    Wondering how long the fuel will last. If it can be explained away with an exothermic chemical reaction then we want to know that asap. If it is truly nuclear, it should last and last and last...

• Привильно, ядерная реакция должна длиться долго!

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• Да, это не чайник вскипятить :crazy:

Только в работе есть накладка.Теплопроводность водорода в 7 раз выше теплопроводности воздуха,и теплоемкость выше воздуха в 14 раз. потому температура поверхности выше и скорость падение температуры ниже.
    И нефиг тут формулами считать.
    Каллометрию надо снимать, а не градусниками мерить :)

--------------
    Yes, this is not the kettle to boil.
    The thermal conductivity of hydrogen is 7 times higher than the thermal conductivity of air and the specific heat of air above 14 times. because the surface temperature above and below the rate of temperature drop. Error formulas considered. Kallometriyu should be removed, not a thermometer to measure

• Many thanks once again to Bob Higgins for your generous contributions of time in providing these translations. Your efforts are noted and greatly appreciated.

Congratulations to Ozernoi, et al, on what looks to be a spark of real LENR, and many thanks for publishing your results openly.
    I wish you the best of luck and continuing success with your experiments.

• This is not convincing at at all I regret to say.

Absorption of hydrogen is an exothermic process which is not taken into account in the report.
    Looking to the heat production they measured, 20 Watt (2KWh over 100 hours period) seems very likely caused by hydrogen absorption alone.
    There's a nice article about hydrides that explains how hydrides can be used for cooling or heating by storing and releasing hydrogen in metals/alloys which confirms this characteristic.

• Official Post

I found this comment by a co-author, asking for correction in the translation

Dear colleagues. I am a coauthor of this work. English version of our report is not quite correct because of translation. In Russian version of our report it is written that "The duration of our next testing was limited ..." not " The duration of the testing was limited..." as it is written in Enlglish version of the report at the end . Please, ask interpreter to make a correction to the translation. Hope now everything is consistent. Thanks for your comments.

• Игорь, я сказал вообщем о международных конференциях, где казахов не было, по крайней мере с 2 006 года, а про 22 РКХТЯ и ШМ я не имел ввиду, да вас и в заявке не было там вроде. А плагиат я подразумевал Росси-Пархомов и еще там кто был из России не помню, вы же повторяли эти опыты ... Так что извини, если обидел.

Edited once, last by Gennadiy Tarassenko ().

• This is not convincing at at all I regret to say.

Absorption of hydrogen is an exothermic process which is not taken into account in the report.
    Looking to the heat production they measured, 20 Watt (2KWh over 100 hours period) seems very likely caused…

Besides the hydride infiltration there are two other possible sources of excess heat:
    1) chemical action of the LiAlH4 on the air in the tube and the nickel powder's oxide layer, and
    2) if the oven works by inductive heating then it would directly heat the Ni powder as well. In this case, it wold be no surprise to find the nickel filled tube hotter than the oven.

I would expect the first to fade over time and that may actually be visible in the results - so this isn't a stopper on its own. Would have been nice to have a better idea of the mass so the reader could try to do the correction their own self. The metal was clearly reduced in the process: it changed from dark powder to shiny foam.

Of course, if the oven is not inductive then the second conern is not so much of an issue.
    Either way, it would be nice to see a control/comparison tube that is filled with just the nickel powder and no hydrogen. Or even just a nickel rod.
    A control sample that is more closely identical would make the simple use of temperature difference in identical conditions more convincing.

• A small critique here, going from "a dark powder" to a shiny foam is not necessarily an indicator of reduction per se. Raney nickel is extremely dark and is also quite reduced, or at least in completely stable equilibrium with hydrogen "new, right out of the can" so to speak. Pure metals with single layer oxidation are often quite shiny, for example anodized aluminum, pure clean silver in air, clean stainless steel in air and so on. The very novel electronic structure right at a metallic surface is often reacted with one or another oxidant, oxygen from air probably being the most prevalent in "as supplied" 99.999% metals from Johnson Matthey et al.

Deeper oxidations (rust, palpable oxide layers, etc) are surely often associated with less shininess, but this may well be more a loss of optical perfection, in my opinion of course.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.