Lawrence Forsley, Pamela Mosier-Boss: Condensed Matter Nuclear Reaction Peer-Reviewed Publications

• Official Post

I just found on academia.edu a new publication by Lawrence Forsley and Pamela Mosier-Boss, which present a list of key peer-reviewed CMNS/LENR papers, and patents, to challenge the usual claim that LENR experimenst are not replicated, and not peer reviewed.

Pamela Mosier-Boss is a famous LENR scientists in US Navy SPAWAR

Lawrence Forsley is today affiliated to JWK Corporation and GEC (Global Energy Corporation), beside U. of Texas.
    GEC is a company created with ex-Spawar researchers trying to develop an hybrid fission/LENR reactor (see old thread http://www.lenr-forum.com/old-forum-static/f-86.html ).

https://www.academia.edu/17964…lear_Science_October_2015

Here is the conclusion which tells the main intents:

This comprehensive collection of peer-reviewed papers clearly defines the existence of, and many ofthe parameters associated with, condensed matter nuclear science. The palladium/deuterium co-deposition protocol has shown itself to be robust, replicable and repeatable. As such, it provides an accessible doorway to investigate this novel, nuclear phenomena.

It has the promise of controllable nuclear reactions without ionizing radiation; compact, green nuclear energy sources and a means to remediate existing nuclear waste. We ignore this new capability at our technological, environmental and commercial peril.

Here is extract from the Executive Summary, where I underlined statement that I feel important :

The most intriguing sentence is :

Our research and implementation is a few years ahead of what we have published. Contact us regarding our current work in hybrid fusion-fission reactors, energetics and compact power generation.

There is a paragraph about the replications of their co-deposition protocol:

The rest of the article include many information, like list of peer reviewed papers, their authors, patents, abstracts with link .

A document to use to break the denial.

• Official Post

Alain,

I can't tell you how many times on ECNs a skep asked me to provide some definitive proof, a published experiment, something readily replicatable, AND transportable to other labs, that would define LENR. Attract the attention of the mainstream physics hierarchy like Joshua Cude, and Thomas Clark. Break the denial as you say. Well here it is?

Or at least it seems so. As I have learned, one never knows though until everyone has their say. Yes, even those darn skeps.

That said, the mention of GEC/JWK brings up old memories. I didn't see it in your referenced links, but they (GEC) were the first to offer an LENR product (Genie reactor) on the market. To the Island of Guam...lonely outpost in the western pacific, of all places. The governor of Guam accepted their bid, and shortly thereafter was impeached. Only partially though for his decision to believe the politically well connected GEC contingent, which claimed an LENR product that would be fueled on expended nuclear waste. No harmful gammas too. Well, politics kicked in, local, conventional energy concerns had their say and that was the end of the first LENR product offered on the market.

CFNs had a good article about that at the time, connecting all the high level GEC/JWK relationships between government agencies (SPAWAR), their scientists (Mosier-Boss), and connected business stalwarts. Quite the web, and seemed at the time a natural for some investigative follow-up, but it ended there. Nothing more.

Always wondered what happened, as did my old friend Peter on ECW, formally of ECNs, but until now heard nothing. Thanks. Looks like they are still around.

• This is not new work. Basically, the SPAWAR people, Szpak and Mosier-Boss etc., did a huge amount of work. However, this is the bottom line: in the presence of a rejection cascade, extraordinary evidence is needed. The paper says some rather misleading things about neutrons and about cold fusion. Missing from consideration is that the neutron levels are a million million times down from the actual nuclear reaction product, in PdD experiments, helium. Skeptics will look at the mass of data accumulated in the field and see no unifying principle. The big issue with cold fusion is not "overcoming the Coulomb barrier," they repeat that. If the barrier were overcome, there would be copious neutrons, at fatal levels. No, something else is happening.

If one experimental fact can be communicated, it is that in palladium deuteride experiments where anomalous heat is shown and produced helium is measured, the heat and helium are correlated at a ratio consistent with the conversion of deuterium to helium, and that this has been confirmed by multiple research groups. This fact has not been communicated, it is still not widely known.

As a publishing event, this is one non-peer-reviewed paper written by two in the field (albeit important researchers). The major event this year is the Current Science special section.
    with 34 peer-reviewed papers, including quite a number that are reviews, by many, many different authors, including Forsley and Mosier-Boss.

• Official Post

To summarize , I listed most of those papers, with different documents like
    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJtallyofcol.pdf#page=6
    http://newenergytimes.com/v2/g…eed-LENR-Publications.pdf
    some chain of replication like Iwamura, like Fralick, of couse F&P/Miles/McKubre/Oriani/Longchamp...

no skeptic cared

I can give data, not a brain.

• I am new to this blog, and have not investigated the LENR field for some time. Are there clear and concise instructions anywhere for an experiment which clearly demonstrates energy production not accounted for by any current theory? Data can also "deny", that is deny the sufficiency of theory. So, it seems simple. Someone, somewhere publish a design and protocol which will consistently produce results not predicted by current theory, and the skeptics will shut up, and more effort than you can imagine will be directed toward understanding the phenomena. Theory will follow. However, the ball seems to be still in the court of the LENR advocates. Where is the eperimental design which will reliably produce inexplicable excess energy production?

• Yes, TheGomp, there is such an experiment. It is not what you are expecting. It's not an easy experiment. However, it has been done. It is described in my Current Science paper, look at the link above and find the paper by me on that page. The experiment is to run any known, published protocol, for the Fleischmann-Pons Heat Effect, that is successful a reasonable percentage of the time, and measure anomalous heat and de novo helium, in a series of cells, the more the better. Heat and helium will be, from extensive confirmed results, correlated. No heat, no helium. If there is heat, there is proportional helium, at a ratio consistent with the heat expected from deuterium conversion to helium, and with the fact that some of the helium is trapped in the metal, very roughly half, unless steps are taken to extract that helium, in which case the ratio approaches the theoretical value (23.8 MeV/4He).

The basic work was done for this in 1991. It was noted as amazing and important by Huizenga in his skeptical book, the second edition of Cold fusion: The scientific fiasco of the century, 1993, I think, and it has been extensively confirmed since then. There is no significant contrary evidence. The argument that such experimental evidence will cause the skeptics to shut up simply does not match the data from this extended social experiment.

The precision of the existing work is quite sufficient to establish the correlation beyond a reasonable doubt. It is claimed, however, that a characteristic of pathological science is that increased precision will cause the effect to disappear. This is being confronted. The next step is, then, confirmation with increased precision, which is being planned by a Texas Tech / ENEA collaboration. See the ICCF-19 announcement.

• You must be kidding! I can spend my time and money in hopes of getting some excess heat, and then correlate it to helium production? You call that a replicable experiment? I don't and neither would any other scientist. First you must tell me reliably how to get the excess heat in the first place. My question did not refer to helium in any way. Excess heat, that is what I asked for an experimental design to reliably produce, not a correlation to helium! That is what has always been wrong with LENR advocates, a lot of bait and switch. And ... I AM NOT A SKEPTIC.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.