"Parkhomov like" experimentation at Open Power Lab has been started today!

• Official Post

News from @ugo.abundo at Open power lab !

The @Andrea Calaon model:
    http://www.hydrobetatron.org/files/lenr_theory_calaon_n.pdf

is assumed as the main working hypothesis (together with other possible indications from known literature models): it will drive the process choices, and the experimental results will offer suggestions to its improvement (see report 018here).The progress will be gradually and promptly reported in the corresponding sections on www.hydrobetatron.org website, actually active since today; syntheses will be communicated regularly to LENR-Forum.

As a first step, the @Alexander Parkhomov suggestions will be implemented:

http://www.hydrobetatron.org/foto.html

then, under the name of "Parkhomov-plus":

http://www.hydrobetatron.org/video-a.html

http://www.hydrobetatron.org/video-b.html

an improving original research path will be uted, according to some aspects claimed in the Open Power Patent Application.

After months of tuning, now the actual set-up assures behavior under severe experimental conditions, ranging from high temperature, high pression, highly corrosive operation also under High Voltage pulsed discharges and very strong magnetic field.

Safety measures include shielding against eventual alfa, beta, x, gamma and neutron emissions, as well as internal coatings of reactor surfaces by Boron Nitride layers, to protect it against corrosion.
    However, emissions will be continuously detected by Geiger counters , gamma spectrometer and neutron detector.
    All the reaction devices are contained in a pressurized, anti-shock safety box, controlled in temperature and pression, with filtered atmosphere.

The diversified nuclear fuel will be solicited under Hydrogen/Deuterium atmosphere, by combined controlled thermal, magnetic, electric shock waveforms.

Holmlid’s ultradense hydrogen behavior will be tested, in the presence of dehydrogenation catalysts as Ni/Fe or Fe2O3.doped by K and Li.

The electric behavior of Ni/Fe and/or Fe2O3. nanometric powders will be tested under conditions of continuous, wave, pulse and discharge feeding, also regarding the molecular hydrogen and/or deuterium splitting capability.

The dissociation/vapor pressure equilibrium of Li hydrides will be measured against variable hydrogen partial pressure and temperature, also in the presence of an adsorbing matrix as Ni powder.

A fully automatized control system will drive the operating conditions, however supervised by man.
    All the operations will be recorded by digital, photographic and video means.

Finally, all the involved researchers suggestions are welcome and encouraged. ( Please, use this thread for suggestions .)

@ugo.abundo at Open Power

[Update] Open Power - Final Report
    (Translation in progress, if you want to help, please let us know.)

https://docs.google.com/docume…sOeK5G10/edit?usp=sharing

• It makes me very happy to see more live open science on the NiH LENR system. The quality of measurements and lessons learned over time seams to be incorporated in this new round of experiments - yey :thumbup: !

Good luck Ugo et al!

Stephen, I understand you are asking about this sentence:
    "Safety measures include shielding against eventual alfa, beta, x, gamma and neutron emissions, as well as internal coatings of reactor surfaces by Boron Nitride layers, to protect it against corrosion."

I can not answer, hope Ugo et al will, but I find it interesting that in Rossi patent WO-2009-125444 from 15 oct 2009 at page 6: "In particular, the inventive apparatus is coated by boron layers and lead plates both for restraining noxious radiations and transforming them into energy, without generating residue radiations and radioactive materials."

I also note that Rossi in this patent show his respect for both Focardi and Piantelli: "The most intelligent work performed in the fusion field, which work has been accurately studied by the present inventor for practicing his invention, is a study of prof. Sergio Focardi and Prof. Francesco Piantelli", followed by references to 6 documents written by them.

• Regarding:

Holmlid’s ultradense hydrogen behavior will be tested, in the presence of dehydrogenation catalysts as Ni/Fe or Fe2O3.doped by K and Li.

Be advised that Holmlid coats this iron catalyst with graphite to support rydberg matter desorption.

• @ Stephen C : Boron Nitride coating was firstly suggested by Bob Greenyer (MFMP) against corrosion by lithium.
    @ Mats 002 : the boron nitride is an internal coating against corrosion;
    in Rossi's apparatus, the external succession of boron and lead evidently means an hypothesized flux of neutrons (or quasi-neutrons) that will be absorbed by boron, with emission of gamma rays intercepted by lead.
    We adopt such a double shield too.
    By our Atomtex 6102 neutron detector, neutron presence will be evaluated, and related to the possible models for the process.
    @ Axil : thank you.

Thanks.
    Ugo Abundo at Open Power Lab

• Ugo, Congratulations on what looks to be a fantastic experiment setup, and I wish you all the best of luck with your progress!

Thank you very much for the considerable extent of documentation, including so many photos and videos. I find them very interesting.
    However, I still am having much trouble understanding various details of the apparatus design. A simple schematic diagram showing the relations between apparatus elements would go a long way in helping people to interpret this experiment. I suspect that the video explanations offer much of this information, but unfortunately I cannot understand the audio.

I think a hand-drawn diagram, perhaps using pencil and paper and then photographed, would be a quick way to add significant information.
    Since I am planning what I think is a similar heat-exchange process as you appear to be using, I would also be interested in learning more about your design process for that subsystem. Was the system heat-exchange capacity and performance determined entirely empirically, or did you find adequate performance documentation for the components in order to design your system for a particular operational specification?

Best wishes to you and the Open Power Lab!

• Please note, for what it may be worth: http://www.atomtex.com/sites/default/files/at6102at6102a.pdf

The Atomtex will likely have a difficult time detecting ULM neutrons, with velocities of up to 7 m/sec and effective environmental equilibrium temperatures near absolute zero. Why is this important?

Without approval or advocacy, I ask that we recall W-L-S theory [and there are others] that expect very low velocity neutrons in LENR. These can be analytically (quantified as to number and perhaps energy) detected only if they can escape their immediate likely targets and be impelled to a target such as boronated mylar which can then generate secondary detectable radiations by decay. It is a soluble problem, but not without addressing the possibility of very low velocity and very short free paths within, or on, an LENR substrate.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.