Moscow Physicist Run 17 Tests with Ni-LiAlH4 System: No Excess Heat (Oystein Lande)

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/01/09/moscow-physicist-run-17-tests-with-ni-lialh4-system-no-excess-heat-oystein-lande/']The following post was submitted by Oystein Lande Hi, I just read this paper from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, They have reported 17 experiments using Nickel powder and LiAlH4 and did not see any signs of excess heat. Anyone here with an idea of what they did wrong, that explains the COP[/feedquote]

• Instead of looking for what they did wrong, it might be more insightful and informative to look for what they did right!

• In Pakhomov experiment on 12/20/2014 at 970 C COP was 0.99, and for 1150 - 1.92.
    For many others the same noticeable heat starts from 1100-1200 C.

And in my experiment melting metal tube reactor was at T> 1100 thermocouple.
    Sometimes the heat is released at lower temperatures, but for some reason it is not always and in a very small amount, on the verge of sensitivity (errors).

They're with incomprehensible tenacity above 800 C does not raise the temperature.

And yet - it is desirable to run the reaction, the quench and heat. Step into 50-100gr. With sufficient. They do not do the same! Apparently the magnetic field from the heater coil weak to start the reaction.
    But I have in the last and penultimate experiments was the effect, that by sudden temperature changes.

• When physicists have no hypothesis, they must design their experiments very carefully. Small steps aside a known successful experiment to eliminate unsuccessful adaptations. So when I read this paper about 2 month ago (before the start of the experiments) I wondered myself why these physicists expected to observe any exceptional heat by the process of cold fusion.

• Probably correct pretreatment that is the answer

padam73 wrote in another thread: " in one of their article, Focardi and Piantelli describe a method of sample preparation that includes "several loading cycles [to make] the sample ready to trigger the exothermic process". I'm pretty confident this approach makes the necessary transformations in the Ni crystal required for alpha to beta phase transition, especially if the nickel is void of impurities after proper annealing as they did"

• More on pretreatment of the core material...

In one Focardi et.al. Paper with high excess heat they described some pretreatment of the Ni rods they used:"In order to compare samples having the same surface but different bulks, the metal rods used in the experiments described here (stainless steel for cell A and nickel for cell B) were coated with a thick ( 0.1 mm) nickel layer by the usual nickel-plating bath [7] containing the following components: Nickel Ammonium Sulphate, Citric Acid, Ammo- nium Hydroxide, Sodium Disulfite (purity RPE-ACS). After introduction in the cells, the rods were annealed under vacuum (p 10 mbar) at temperatures up to about 900 K in order to clean their surfaces [8, 9]. Successive thermal cycles were also performed in a hydrogen atmosphere below 1 bar. "

And

"The sample loading in a natural hydrogen atmosphere was performed in successive steps. In each step, we started with an initial gas pressure in the range 400–800 mbar and thereafter a little amount of hydrogen was introduced into the cell through a suitable valve (p 400–600 mbar). When the pressure decreased down to its starting value, new hydrogen was added (see fig. 3). After several loading cycles, the sample was ready and it was possible to trigger the exothermic process. Such an operation can be performed by lowering the input power, waiting for the sample temperature to decrease down to about 300 K, then suddenly restoring the previous power level. After this operation an increased equilibrium temperature, as shown in fig. 4, is obtained: the cell is producing an excess heat. Another way to trigger the process is to provoke a pressure step-like variation, as shown in fig. 5. After the triggering procedure, the production of excess heat is maintained for months.

"

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/FocardiSlargeexces.pdf

Correct pretreatment may result in may be necessary beta-hydride lattice phase.

• Here is what Julian Schwinger said about the null cold fusion replications in 1989:

The characteristics that seem to be common to all successful cold fusion experiments are: (1) Intermittency—the production of heat, of tritium, of neutrons, comes in bursts, switching on and off at random. (2) Irreproducibility—seemingly identical cells vary widely in their ability to “turn on.” It may not be too much of an exaggeration to say that, early in April, 1989, everyone—including those who, like myself, had to look up the meaning of enthalpy—had thrown together and electrolysis apparatus and was waiting for dividends. After a few weeks, with no reward, they quit in disgust, and denounced it all as incompetence, or fraud. Their votes are irrelevant.

Despite Schwinger's admonition, I propose we come up with a special algebra of replications, where there is an addition operator that is defined, and positive results have a positive sign and null results have a negative sign. We then give each attempt an equal weighting and add them all up together and see what the balance is. It will not matter what was actually done in those experiments, or the skill of the experimenters, or the assumptions that went into the tests, or the knowledge that was available about what is going on. Our replication algebra will be rigorous and will make such considerations superfluous, and an overall negative balance will be sufficient to conclude that nickel-hydrogen LENR does not exist.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.