New Energy World Symposium in Stockholm, on June 18, 2018.

• Shane D, you point at this article by Jean-François Geneste::https://drive.google.com/file/…bGM5ZDFIWXpRLUViMmZB/view

Yes, thank you, it is very helpful for getting acquainted with JFG. I you are a bit lazy you only need to read the first three lines of “1 INTRODUCTION”.

“After the accident of Chernobyl, Leonid Urutskoev tried to reproduce the very reasons why there was such an explosion. His thoughts led him to the following experiement: create electric discharges of 50kJ into a titanium foil which is “isolated” in bi-destilled water.”

If this is not crazy I do not know what is. Anyhow, let us read a bit more. In paragraph 8 we arrive at JFG's explanation of the result of Leonid’s experiment:

“So we propose that the strange radiation observed by Leonid Urutskoew is made of infinitesimal scale particles of aether and the phenomenon stops, at our scale, when the energy has been exhausted enough in the medium in which the reaction occurs.”

Comments unnecessary.

From paragraph 11, Conclusion: “We started from the experiment and interpreted the results through a new theory which we believe is much more adapted to describe physical phenomena than orthodox physics today.”

JFG, perhaps you could be so kind as to deduce Maxwell’s equations for us based on your theory, just a minor favor, we would appreciate that.

And here in 2014 JFG gives a presentation at TEDx about “Logics of defence”:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The accompanying text gives a summary of GFG’s professional background. This sentence (translated from French to English) is interesting:

“His main present interest is to introduce into physics a non-Archimedian vision of geometry.”

Yes, there is something called “non-Archimedian geometry”: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Archimedean_geometry, a fairly esoteric subject in abstract mathematics and this is also what he refers to in the Chernobyl report.

JFG is not only a lecturer, he is also an author and he has written this book:http://www.amazon.fr/Physique-…ois-Geneste/dp/285428951X

It’s title is “Physiqe: de l’esprit des lois”, Physics: the spirit of the laws. (The main part of the title is borrowed from Montesquieu.)

Judging by the cover it helps you to transform your exclamation marks to question marks, very commendable, you should never be too certain. The target group for the book are students who want to become scientists but have been a bit lazy and need to catch up on their studies.

Those of you who enjoy French movies can see him sell it here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ad hominem aside, I think it is pretty safe to say that we cannot expect JFG to say anything of interest at Mats Lewan’s upcoming event if there is to be one.

• Official Post

H-G,

I wasn't endorsing Geneste's theory, and yes I am well aware of what he said. This all started with his (JPGs) big MFMP Facebook announcement in August:

http://www.e-catworld.com/2015…o-be-revealed-in-october/

There was much anticipation while awaiting his "theoretical breakthrough" to come. In the meantime, like now, there was speculation if he really was with Airbus...just like MY does now. In fact Alain had a thread about just that:

11th International Workshop on Anomalies in 
Hydrogen Loaded Metals in Airbus Toulouse on October 15th-16th 2015

Long story short, Geneste is with Airbus. He gave his awaited speech at an Airbus Conference he organized in Toulouse this Oct, for which everyone seemed pretty "let down" as expectations were high. Before that, he even gave a speech at one of Vandenberghes LENR-Cities seminars...as an Airbus rep. So he is who he says he is, and had MY taken a moment to do just a little search, he would would have known that, saving poor Jean Francois Geneste the public embarrassment.

• Shane D.,
    Maybe Geneste is the Dennis Bushnell of Airbus. Considering the entities they work for one cannot expect them to have both feet on the ground.

But judging from the hubristic statements here, also linked by you: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse…tf_MEGAPHONE_ARTICLE_POST, "poor" Geneste does not even have his left little toe on the ground. My expectations for him to make a successful landing are small.

• Shane, please specify which division and branch of Airbus Group Geneste works for, show evidence, and say the name of his exact position. I do not think he works or ever worked for the parent company. Also, as noted above, he is an extreme woowoo.

• Barty, we are only trying to figure out what to expect from one of the participants in Mats Lewan's upcoming event. So I think we are pretty much on track.

• And Mats Lewan climbs out on another extremely shaky limb:

The one-year test is being undertaken by the aforementioned Italian inventor Andrea Rossi and his US industrial partner [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon], and should be concluded in March 2016. The results should be released shortly afterwards, controlled by a third-party certifying institute based on scrupulous peer review.

Since I have covered the development of Rossi’s energy device, the E-Cat, I know that there are good reasons to believe that the technology is valid and that positive testimonials from the ongoing test, that I have received, are true.

http://new-symposium.org/2016/…world-symposium/#comments
    Who has he been talking to? What did they say? Which third-party "certifying institute?"

I just asked in the comments about the identity of the certifying institute-- a reasonable and polite question, I think. The blog is moderated in advance of a post appearing and as per Branzell's comments, may be censored. Mats has not done this before and it is not a good sign. I wonder if he even knows that censorship of such a forum is a bad idea. He has gone deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole every year and every time Rossi makes a Rossifiction announcement.

My thoughts on what really is happening is that it is one of two things:

- either Rossi really has a certifying organization and knows the result will be negative... or it's all fiction and he will plead NDA or similar nonsense when the time comes to reveal the results. The latter is what Steorn and Defkalion tried to do. With little success. Well, actually, they mostly carried on as usual, silently ignoring requests for results of their much vaunted nonexistent tests. Maybe Rossi will do that instead.

@barty

As Branzell says, it would seem that discussing the claimed identity and credentials of one of Mats speakers at the symposium would be on topic for a post about the symposium. If not, why not please?

• Official Post

Shane, please specify which division and branch of Airbus Group Geneste works for, show evidence, and say the name of his exact position. I do not think he works or ever worked for the parent company. Also, as noted above, he is an extreme woowoo.

Mary,

Of course I don't know that. Most companies don't reveal the names of their employees. Probably against the law to do so in most circumstances, and voluntary for the rest. And he is French, which is a foreign country...so no telling what the laws are in that strange land! LOLs.

Get over it. He is an Airbus bigwig. Joshua Cude tried the same as you here with Geneste, except his "hard-on" was for McKubre. JC couldn't find McKubre's name listed on SRI's website, so flipped out every time someone referred to his "supposed" SRI affiliation. He finally gave it up, now time for you to do the same.

• Shane, full of BS as usual. Of course companies reveal major and senior officers. They have to by law, at least in the US. The problem is that Geneste doesn't have the titles accorded to him by the various sources cited here. And I doubt he even works for the parent company called Airbus. I strongly suspect he works for a subsidiary. A small and inconsequential one. Anyway, he's clearly such an extreme woowoo that it doesn't much matter who he works for. What he says is of no interest and no consequence without evidence and I don't recall that he had one little shred. Of course, that matters not to the Shanes of this world as long as they can name drop ... in this instance incorrectly. Logical fallacy: appeal to authority... actually two logical fallacies (congratulations). Appeal to authority and appeal to FALSE authority. Outstanding, Shane.

• Official Post

Shane, full of BS as usual. Of course companies reveal major and senior officers. They have to by law, at least in the US. The problem is that Geneste doesn't have the titles accorded to him by the various sources cited here. And I doubt he even works for the parent company called Airbus. I strongly suspect he works for a subsidiary. A small and inconsequential one

LOLs MY. Exactly how much searching did you really do? I'm guessing you read Krivit's hit piece against Geneste from 2014, or was that early 2015? Quite laughable. Understandable to me why Airbus Group Innovations reacted to his aggressive follow up questioning, after first admitting his employ. Krivit's has that effect on everyone after their first "interview". Levi is a notable example of that. Rossi...well, in that one interview, I side with Krivits, but only that one time.

Dig some more. Is Airbus all there is to "Airbus", or just another subsidiary of the parent company? How many divisions? Groups? How many employees spread across the globe; including engineers, Senior Engineers, scientists, Chief Scientists, and "Senior Officers"? Is Geneste a Senior Officer? I really can't tell.

Or prove he isn't who he says he is to your satisfaction, and us. I can say that anybody claiming an Airbus affiliation...as has McKubre to SRI, this many times without legal repercussion as he has, even sponsoring "Airbus" LENR seminars, is probably a big wig with Airbus, or SRI in McKubres case. You and Joshua always claim the burden of proof is on the believer, and in this case you believe Francois Geneste is a fake.

So back up your belief with solid proof, or face the backlash.

• "Of course companies reveal major and senior officers. They have to by law, at least in the US" .... IF then else ....

Rules in the US and in EU are very different regarding disclosure of information, in France in particular. Moreover, in large corporations, most organizations are based on a matrix-type management model which make people to report to different management units (administrative, functional, operational, central/local).

Reminder : In large corporations, Any communication (internal and external) is strongly controlled ( "hello" to the robot which is going to analyze this sentense :)
    see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_communication

• The surreal world of Jean-Francois Geneste
    The cosmologist Max Tegmark has a vision that our universe may be an entirely mathematical structure and he has written a book about it: http://www.amazon.com/Our-Math…ate-Reality/dp/0307744256

It is an interesting extension of what we see in quantum mechanics: Integers! Maybe we are nothing but a simulation in a big computer and we are just beginning to see the bits and the pixels? (Not my idea!)

Extending this idea to the extreme we could hypothesize that not only is our universe all mathematics but the opposite is also true: all of mathematics is our universe.

No, this is not my idea either; all good ideas are already taken. This is a humbling insight that I have gained during many hours surfing the internet.

So whose idea is it? I do not know, but our friend Jean-Francois seems to be living in such a universe. He has fallen in love with something that I did not even now exists: the surreal numbers. It sounds, well ... surreal that such numbers should exist, but they do, at least in the minds of some mathematicians. You can read about them here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surreal_number.

This treaty by J-F gives us an interesting tour in this universe:
    Trick or Truth: the Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
    http://fqxi.org/data/essay-con…eneste_Trick_or_Truth.pdf

As he should he starts out from the Antic Greece and already on page four he has arrived at a method to send messages at infinite speed, good job.

Be prepared to meet the surreal numbers in paragraph 5! After you have finished reading this short paper I invite you to try to help J-F to evaluate his crack pot index by applying this questionnaire to his opus: http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/crackpot.htm

If you want to shorten the process I recommend that you start with criterion number 32, where J-F hits the jackpot earning him a respectable 50 points.

• Oh boy, those silly students…
    There is nothing new about the connection between physics and mathematics: the ancient Greek philosophers had that idea too (have you read the book of Max Tegmark...?).

Anyway, there are 2 kinds of mathematics: descriptions about ultimate reality and descriptions about simplified reality. Nearly all of mathematics belongs to the last category. So don't think that every mathematical system is a concept that can describe ultimate reality. You have to understand the foundations of mathematics before you can explore all the stuff you can find on the internet. Moreover, mathematics have comparable foundational problems like physics. In other words: the world is longing for a genius student…

• Silly studens? Be careful Hendrik the Beginner! A week ago I couldn't even spell to Stodent and now I are one. Soon u will b 2. 8)

Yes I did read it, with caution.

I wouldn't say as you appear to do, that all mathematics describes or tries to describe reality. All I can say for certain is that all mathematics is reality because it exists albeit in an abstract meaning. Take for instance the little i which we can only imagine. There will never be i cows in the meadow, but the i:th cow might be happily grazing there.

So don't think that every mathematical system is a concept that can describe ultimate reality.

Not to worry, do I sound like it?

A genius student? Maybe I should take the afternoon off to unite Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity. If it will take longer time you are welcome to help me out when you have left your miserable life as a bottom-dweller. :)

• I was really stressed that you had made a new intention for 2016: a prudish mathematical life... ;-))
    But I am relieved: QM & GR is far more exciting. That's why I am so lucky as a bottom dweller: nearly everything is possible there above!!!!!
    I only have to spend time...

• Mats Lewan New Energy World Symposium seems to be ill-omened.

Originally announced for year 2016, then postponed to 2018, is again postponed to an yet unknown date.

The main reason is that several people, including some of those who are working with the development of LENR based technologies which is the main focus of the symposium, have asked me to wait until there’s a product in the market.

https://new-symposium.org/2018…posium-will-be-postponed/

“until there is a product in the market.”

Oh man, this will take looong.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.