New Energy World Symposium in Stockholm, on June 18, 2018.

• Alan,

I am disappointed that Mats' summer party has been more or less cancelled.

The reason for my disappointment is that you have made half a promise to demonstrate a glow discharge tube with a runaway Geiger counter at the symposium. A good cure for my (or perhaps our collective) disappointment would be if you could arrange an online demo instead. :P

• Official Post

I wonder who these others working on LENR technologies are?

"The main reason is that several people, including some of those who are working with the development of LENR based technologies which is the main focus of the symposium, have asked me to wait until there’s a product in the market"

Sorry to hear. i know Mats put a lot of work into organizing, and surely he is disappointed. Same goes for Alan, who had some exciting things lined up to be presented.

• Official Post

A good cure for my (or perhaps our collective) disappointment would be if you could arrange an online demo instead.

Well, there will be online videos and much sharing, but no livestreams, a term I consider to be oxymoronic. I think we will be able to invite a few small groups of visitors to be anomalously irradiated 'up close and personal' at the Funny Farm though.

• Well, there will be online videos and much sharing, but no livestreams, a term I consider to be oxymoronic. I think we will be able to invite a few small groups of visitors to be anomalously irradiated 'up close and personal' at the Funny Farm though.

Alan, what do you think about my proposed test setup Rev 0?

Actually, most of it I borrowed from the www and then I adapted it for Meshugganon production based on your earlier description.

If the Geiger counter behaves as you said there are two possibilities. Either it detects ionizing radiation or it is subject to some kind of electric interference.

But why should an interference increase with increased shield thickness? Can't see any reason for this, so it must be ionizing radiation.

This discovery will easily make its way into the headlines of the most reputed scientific publications. :thumbup::)

https://www.pnnl.gov/main/publ…al_reports/PNNL-20693.pdf

Cosmic Ray Interactions in Shielding Materials

Muons produce increasing neutron flux as dense shielding(lead, iron) thickness is increased.

Alan's experiment is producing muons.

Muons interact weakly with matter. As the density of matter increases, the probability of muon nuclear interaction increases up to a point then muon flux decreases. The neutrons are a product of muon catalyzed fission.

See page 15 of reference for plot.

Alan can apply his cloud chamber and see the muon tracks. From these tracks, their energy can be determined.

• Here is a graph showing the stopping power for muons in copper as a function of their kinetic energy (from Groom et al. Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables, Vol. 76, No. 2, July 2001). Assuming the muons are produced from ultra-dense hydrogen/deuterium, their kinetic energy would fall very close to the minimum of this stopping power curve, known as the Bethe-Bloch curve. The larger the thickness of any "shielding" copper or lead, the higher the number of muons stopped, the higher the counts of a Geiger counter. Until the thickness is large enough to stop all muons, which is in the order of half a meter for copper, and about 20% less for lead. Not convenient you would admit except if you work at CERN.

A cloud chamber is great to detect a few muons. However, as soon as the muon flux becomes large, condensation around the gaseous muon trails will not occur and no trace will be observed anymore. Therefore, the best place for a cloud chamber would be several tens of meter far from the reaction chamber in order to have a muon flux in the same range, but still larger than, the atmospheric one.

• Alan can apply his cloud chamber and see the muon tracks. From these tracks, their energy can be determined.

DIY cloud chamber:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cool!

• Low budget cloud chamber, still working:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Of course, the "compressed air" can does not contain liquid air: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_duster

When held upside down liquid instead of gas is ejected. The fast evaporation of the liquid lowers the temperature.

If you don't want to turn the can upside down you may use freeze spray instead: https://www.globalpc.co.nz/Ele…pecification-AE03000.aspx

Those products could be combined into one if you added the upside down text FREEZE SPRAY on the air duster. :)

• 4766-the-test-png

Regarding Alan glow tube test...

THUNDER ENERGIES,  a company that uses DR. RUGGERO SANTILLI'S TECH to detect nuclear weapons in sealed containers uses a variant of Alan Smith's experiment.

http://www.thunder-energies.co…11-articles/19-article-10

Sometimes a theorist can save an experimenter a lot of work by avoiding duplicating existing technology.

Santilli thinks that neutrons can be formed out of a union of protons and neutrons. This is nonsense. What Santilli is producing are muons. the same particle that Alan is generating. The US government is using cosmic ray generated muons to detect nuclear material in shipping containers now.

Cosmic-Ray Muons Reveal Hidden Void in the Great Pyramid

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/n…oid-in-the-great-pyramid/

Muon Thomography are well known as a means to detect nuclear material

Innovations In Nuclear Detection: Muon Tomography

http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2012/ph241/khan1/

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.