Will we see the E-Cat report next week?

• Official Post

Hallo together!

As Rossi said he will receive a preprint of the report three days before public release, and his very open, good-tempered and informative comments about the test on JONP suddenly started just on friday, this let me guess that we eventually could see the report even tomorrow (monday the 14th of april) or the coming week on arxiv. 8)

What do you think? ?( ;)

• Official Post

oh, it is not a serious comment I agree...
    I was more noticing his good mood...:D
    your hypothesis is more rational.

I noticed that skeptics are working harder those days... preparing for D-Day.

A game for us would be to guess the arguments they will find to deny the test :

• Levi still in the team (good for conspiracy way of mind. one black sheep in a team kill all the team...)
      • a backup solution if Levi is not in, is that any tester who participated the previous test (a fake, because it was sure a fraud) participate the new test..
    • not flow calorimetry (absurd, but works well with incompetent people)
    • Mary raised the missing "expert in heat transfert" (it seems the team included competent physicist, having done similar test before, but maybe theyr were not named so - at least the team was more competent than Pomp& Eriksson)
    • Black box test cannot be accepted (absurdity, but works well)
    • challenge on the input ...

• like DC offset, HF theory...
      • that Levi have tricked the firmware of the wattmeter.
      • hidden wires, coaxial cables...
      • all hard to accept if the test was done in an independent place
        • but maybe will corrupt all the lab... all what Levi could touch will became stage magic
    • Corruption of the lab
      • by Levi contact the lab will be tricked
      • bought by Rossi, cherokee, Elforsk, or any LENR lab like navy, NASA...

Could you add some of those arguments... at the end we could see what is used?

• Official Post

Will have to decide according to the content of the report.
    Would it be failure for fraud, dysfunction, unreliability, explosion, stealing of the reactor, alien conspiracy, CIA operation?
    This won't make F&P phenomenon less confirmed, less replicated, less published. So someone else will continue investigating the domain... Brillouin, Nanortech, Lenuco...

What if Apollo moon landing was fake? does it makes the moon less real?

Anyway that the test lasted for 6 month is already an information.
    Maybe the reactor was stolen by alien the last day, making the result negative... ;)
    what is surprising is the time taken to report that, making my hypothesis hard to believe.

My more rational question is what would be the impact of this test if the COP is modest, like 3, without any doubt.
    Scientifically is is a bomb, challenging the fake consensus of terror against cold fusion... It is what most skeptics fear... attack on settled science.
    Industrially it is a failure, or at least just a limited hope.
    a Pyrrhic victory?

• Will have to decide according to the content of the report.
    Would it be failure for fraud, dysfunction, unreliability, explosion, stealing of the reactor, alien conspiracy, CIA operation?

So, if the e-cat doesn't work, it's because of CIA infiltration? Really?

Quote from AlainCo

This won't make F&P phenomenon less confirmed, less replicated, less published. So someone else will continue investigating the domain... Brillouin, Nanortech, Lenuco...

So, you do not distinguish sound scientific protocol from more or less shady entrepreneurs?

Quote from AlainCo

What if Apollo moon landing was fake? does it makes the moon less real?

No, it makes the Apollo moon landing less real.

Quote from AlainCo

Anyway that the test lasted for 6 month is already an information.
    Maybe the reactor was stolen by alien the last day, making the result negative... ;)
    what is surprising is the time taken to report that, making my hypothesis hard to believe.

Thorough testing takes time.

Quote from AlainCo

My more rational question is what would be the impact of this test if the COP is modest, like 3, without any doubt.

No, the more rational question is if it works at all.

Quote from AlainCo

Scientifically is is a bomb

If it works it certainly will revolutionise everything, including science.

Quote from AlainCo

challenging the fake consensus of terror against cold fusion... It is what most skeptics fear... attack on settled science.

I agree with Lewan, it's the fear of ridicule that is the main cause of avoidance from mainstream science.

• Official Post

we agree on that point as the definitive answer, but I have experience that anyone having tested cold fusion is declared not third party.
    The usual catch-22.

Anyway, businessmen if informed, this mean if more curious than dis-informed, will catch the reality.
    Probably they already have.

What I've heard is that the problem of executives in corps is not to be ridiculed and fired before they have time to show evidences.

I expect a big campaign to attack the incoming test as not third-party, whatever are the participants, the reviewers, the evidences. The goal will be to prevent data to reach the CEO level by frightening the lower level. It has been successful until now.

• we agree on that point as the definitive answer, but I have experience that anyone having tested cold fusion is declared not third party.
    The usual catch-22.

Again, you have to distinguish between scientific- and entrepreneurial efforts:

1. In lenr science there is a somewhat catch-22 problem, I agree. Mainstream science will not accept the field until complete reproducibility is reached, and sufficient funding will not appear until mainstream science accept the field, that is, enough funding necessary for this kind of multi disciplinary effort. Baudette describes this unfortunate situation from 1989 - 2001 in his excellent book Excess Heat.

2. When it comes to entrepreneurial efforts, the situation becomes less complicated. The only thing needed is an independent black box testing of the technology, and if positive, the inventor will become a billionaire, noble prize winner and a hero bigger than Jesus, Muhammed and the Buddha combined. Until then, I'll remain sceptical.

Quote from AlainCo

Anyway, businessmen if informed, this mean if more curious than dis-informed, will catch the reality.
    Probably they already have. What I've heard is that the problem of executives in corps is not to be ridiculed and fired before they have time to show evidences.

?

Quote from AlainCo

I expect a big campaign to attack the incoming test as not third-party, whatever are the participants, the reviewers, the evidences. The goal will be to prevent data to reach the CEO level by frightening the lower level. It has been successful until now.

Who will be behind this big campaign, and why?

• Official Post

not the business...
    the academics who did that epic failure, and their fanclub, will try to save their beliefs. Typical of groupthink. Forget about rationality or money, it is a cognitive war. take creationist war as the model.

Business will jump in, but big slow business will ask for regulation, so they can adapt at their own maximum but moderate speed. See how electric companies, absorb renewable energies.

NGO whose business model is based on scarcity and pollution, or whose beliefs oppose comfort and abundance will try to scare the population. Take the Pope vs Condom war in africa as the model.

Workers organisation and governments will try to block revolution to protect statu quo. Like those who block donkey in nepal.

• not the business...
    the academics who did that epic failure, and their fanclub, will try to save their beliefs. Typical of groupthink. Forget about rationality or money, it is a cognitive war. take creationist war as the model.

If the test really is a true third party test, it's easy to defend.

Business will jump in, but big slow business will ask for regulation, so they can adapt at their own maximum but moderate speed. See how electric companies, absorb renewable energies.NGO whose business model is based on scarcity and pollution, or whose beliefs oppose comfort and abundance will try to scare the population. Take the Pope vs Condom war in africa as the model.

If the test confirms the workings of Rossi's e-cat, nothing can stop it's fast worldwide distribution, it's too cheap and too clean to be ignored by the market ... except maybe some overlooked safety issues which of course have to be looked in to and if needed, regulated.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.